Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't care for it at all.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

They look like fine Ceylon sapphires to me.

Old 09-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Serene Highness

It will be interesting if this existing pearl choker can have other brooch/central pieces, as interchangeable pieces. We may see a lot more pieces added to the choker.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:13 PM
Nobility

the Duchess have a wonderful collection of chokers , i love the way she use pearls .
very good choice camilla !
Old 09-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Interesting as Camilla's grandmother was in Ceylon in 1910.

I thought it might be aquamarine and diamonds or aquamarine/s and sapphire/s with diamonds.

We need a clear closeup.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
It will be interesting if this existing pearl choker can have other brooch/central pieces, as interchangeable pieces. We may see a lot more pieces added to the choker.
I don't think any of Camilla's pearl chokers are interchangeable. Each seems to be unique in every way.

Quote:
I think we'll need an expert on gems because I think it will be hard to distinguish Aquamarines for Cylonese Sapphires from just a photo. Better still, perhaps we will find it's provenance.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
We are unlikely to be able to tell. The existing chokers do not appear to have interchangeable clasps / central pieces.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess of Cornwal is an excellent wearer of eyecatching jewels. She wears them so naturally and with panache. I applaud her for that. Every inch a royal lady in her appearance.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I don't think any of Camilla's pearl chokers are interchangeable. Each seems to be unique in every way.

I think we'll need an expert on gems because I think it will be hard to distinguish Aquamarines for Cylonese Sapphires from just a photo. Better still, perhaps we will find it's provenance.
LOL!!! I AM an expert. But, I agree It is very difficult to identify a blue stone, for sure, from a photograph.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why it is stated that Camilla's chokers are not interchangeable. Changing clasps or adding pearl strands seems the most easy to do with pearls, i.m.h.o.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Some of her chokers are 4 strands. If they were presentation pieces from long ago, they most likely wouldn't be interchangeable. BUT, we have no access so we can only guess.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I wonder why it is stated that Camilla's chokers are not interchangeable. Changing clasps or adding pearl strands seems the most easy to do with pearls, i.m.h.o.
Quote:
Some of her chokers are 4 strands. If they were presentation pieces from long ago, they most likely wouldn't be interchangeable. BUT, we have no access so we can only guess.
They are also slightly different lengths, and the size of pearls varies as well.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
LOL!!! I AM an expert. But, I agree It is very difficult to identify a blue stone, for sure, from a photograph.
Okay then. Our new mission is to ferret out more photos or information so you can tell us if we are on the money or just flat broke!
Old 09-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not as interested in pieces of jewelry as I am in gemstones. Could this piece be part of the Greville collection that was bequeathed to Cam's mother.

This could be a new (reworked) clasp. She could have received this for her recent birthday. The pearls are so white that it would be difficult for me to believe they were old. All pearls yellow, especially if they are kept in the dark (as in custom cases).

The two trillion cut stones are also thought provoking. This cut wasn't invented until the early 1960s and perfected in the 1970s. One can just about bet that trillions are included in Art Deco styles, but not authentic Art Deco pieces.

After looking at a couple of stones from my collection, I believe the colored stones are sapphires. In the photo, they appear to be matched stones (which is very time consuming if they weren't cut from the same rough).

Camilla already has a (large - looks to be at least 20 carats) clasp of fine Aqua, but I'm sure there's always room for one more!!

I hope everyone is on a photo hunt.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Since pearls need to be restrung every year or two, it would be easy to modify the pieve to make the jeweled centerpieces interchageable. You could also make the clasps able to do double duty as broochs.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Since pearls need to be restrung every year or two, it would be easy to modify the pieve to make the jeweled centerpieces interchageable. You could also make the clasps able to do double duty as broochs.
Entirely possible, but probably unnecessary. The size the pearls differs across a number of the necklaces.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Scroll Down:
The Duchess of Cornwall's Union Jack jewellery from Jeweller Butler & Wilson
-
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Party Prince William gets tooth knocked out at society wedding | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-28-2014, 01:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Entirely possible, but probably unnecessary. The size the pearls differs across a number of the necklaces.
Hmm, I think Muriel has the right of it. Bottom line: she has no need to rotate the clasps. However, as KA has observed, presentation pieces wouldn't be interchangeable.

So while her pearl necklaces are such a variety of size, colour and length, on the whole it seems unlikely that the clasps are swapped around. However, Scooter is right on the money with her query on versatility. The maginificent Aquamarine clasp is reportedly able to be detached and used as a brooch.

Artemisia's Royal Jewels: Focus on... Camilla's Jewels: Pearl and Aquamarine Choker
Old 09-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Scroll Down:
The Duchess of Cornwall's Union Jack jewellery from Jeweller Butler & Wilson
-
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Party Prince William gets tooth knocked out at society wedding | Daily Mail Online
She does not say, but it might have been the QVC version - LOL Butler & Wilson Union Jack Crystal Ring — QVCUK.com Yikes?
Old 09-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I think good jewels have a versatility to give the owner a number of options. I am sure that every pearl collier and every clasp can be worn in a number of different settings.

Closed Thread