Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Very well could be, but I'd need a close-up to be sure.

Maybe it's because I have a soft spot for butterflies in general, but that brooch is really lovely! And I am saying this as a person not fond of brooches!

Camilla received a gold Claddagh brooch by Jonathan Margetts of Dillon's jewellers.

Hopefully we will see her wear it and someone will post a closeup.

I think it was very nice of Camilla to wear brooch the day after it was given to her. The students at the school would have been delighted. She knows how to make people feel special.

On May 29th Camilla wore a simple gold chain with a small unadorned 'C' pendant.

On May 19th, she wore a simple gold chain with an unidentifiable pendant. (mushroom shaped?)

:previous: I thought she was touching the beautiful centerpiece of her pearl choker.

:lol: I changed it to brooch/clasp.

It is possible the pearls and clasp are a married piece and not original.
The clasp may have started out its life as a brooch or it may still be a brooch that Camilla showcases in her choker.

I love to see the Duchess wearing this tiara again, it is a rare sight and never comes out at State Banquets. Also it is very rare to see a British royal at a white tie and tiara event. I had no idea that this dress code is still used on events like this.

:lol: I changed it to brooch/clasp.

It is possible the pearls and clasp are a married piece and not original.
The clasp may have started out its life as a brooch or it may still be a brooch that Camilla showcases in her choker.

Quite possibly. The clasp on her other, smaller diamond choker did indeed start out life as a brooch and was converted to a choker by Camilla. I saw pictures from a brochure for an auction that had this brooch / choker, as well as the pink sapphire / tourmaline brooch that makes up her other lovely choker. The catalogue was in the comments section of a post on the Order of Sartorial Splendor blog a few months ago.

Last edited:
Also it is very rare to see a British royal at a white tie and tiara event. I had no idea that this dress code is still used on events like this.

It is very rare indeed. I do not think I have ever seen Camilla in a tiara at anything other a state event, other than the two times (in 2007 and 2013) when she wore them at the CHOGM dinners in Kampala and Colombo respectively.

I love to see the Duchess wearing this tiara again, it is a rare sight and never comes out at State Banquets.

Indeed. Of the two times that we have seen pictures of Camilla wearing the Shand tiara to the Diplomatic receptions, the pictures have never been great. I think this is probably the time it has looked best.

Last edited:
Camilla looked great, and it was nice to see her in her regal gear. It's a rare sight now though.

It is very rare indeed. I do not think I have ever seen Camilla in a tiara at anything other a state event, other than the two times (in 2007 and 2013) when she wore them at the CHOGM dinners in Kampala and Colombo respectively.

Plus the farewell banquet hosted by Queen Beatrix in the Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam. She looked amazing and it was the best hairdo with the Boucheron Honeycomb-motif Diamond Diadem

Last edited:
It was lovely seeing Camilla in a tiara at a function other than the state banquets and diplomatic functions. I wonder if she is starting a new phase of more tiara wearing - I can imagine that Charles might like this and we certainly do :)

Truly one of my favorite engagement rings.

HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
His Grace The Duke of Wellington
Her Grace The Duchess of Wellington

The one Duchess stunning in the Greville diadem and two colliers (one with two and one with three rows of glittering diamonds). The other Duchess witha nice diadem and -often not seen these days- long white gloves.

Picture.

HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
His Grace The Duke of Wellington
Her Grace The Duchess of Wellington

The one Duchess stunning in the Greville diadem and two colliers (one with two and one with three rows of glittering diamonds). The other Duchess witha nice diadem and -often not seen these days- long white gloves.

Picture.

I thought Camilla looked stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom