Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the pearls, chokers and the clasps probably were inherited from or received from her family. Her sister wears earrings similar to the round clasp.

There were a few pieces that Camilla had prior to her marriage to Charles (the aqua choker, the dark purple amethyst choker), but most of the chokers (the two diamond chokers, the large pink choker, the sapphire choker) have been acquired gradually in the 10 years since their wedding.

She must have a very strong Neck .... wearing the 5 strands diamond necklace of Queen Elisabeh the Queen Mother and all her saudi A. necklace presents...

:lol::lol::lol:
I would not mind neck pain, if I would be allowed wearing These necklaces, I swear..... :ROFLMAO:
BYe Bine

It looks more like a 4 leaf clover brooch as a shamrock only has 3 leaves,all the same its a beautiful brooch.

Last edited:
The brooch worn on the 19th does not appear to be the same as her white and gold flower brooches.
Camilla Duchess of Cornwall attends her first Buckingham Palace... News Photo | Getty Images

The one from the 19th, has 4 distinct petals with the bottom one detached.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Camilla+Parker+Bowles+Prince+Charles+Visits+CL6Z952PLsjl.jpg

I disagree, I think it is the same brooch. The differences you highlight, IMO, are not apparent because of the pictures being taken from different angles.

I thought I had seen all of Camilla's pearl chokers but can anyone tell me anything about this one?

http://40.media.tumblr.com/60b18ecbb9f9d0619a3474c9abcdac7f/tumblr_n3zjgzG9mW1ssue4ho3_r1_250.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/65a77e8f238d2209b0cb8b09e167c5c4/tumblr_n2ux1gkc4x1ssue4ho1_500.jpg

Is it possibly this long triple string?

http://40.media.tumblr.com/2244d1396e75feb2789460a6e6d9fdb9/tumblr_n6k8c9qFH61ssue4ho1_400.jpg

I'm not quite sure but this one could be a little short.
this choker belonged QEQM

:previous: And they really, really, are her favourites! On the last tour they appeared day and night . . . I almost got sick of seeing them.

:previous: And they really, really, are her favourites! On the last tour they appeared day and night . . . I almost got sick of seeing them.

What tour are you referring to? The first tour to the US in 2005?

What tour are you referring to? The first tour to the US in 2005?
Sorry, I was referring to the visit of the Mexican President and his wife to the UK this year. Both day and night, same earrings!

Don't get me wrong, I love the earrings but I she has soooooooo many lovely, sparkly, shiny, jewels, e.g. her wedding earrings, and I would love to drool over them as well.

Sorry, I was referring to the visit of the Mexican President and his wife to the UK this year. Both day and night, same earrings!

Don't get me wrong, I love the earrings but I she has soooooooo many lovely, sparkly, shiny, jewels, e.g. her wedding earrings, and I would love to drool over them as well.

I think she just did not bother getting dressed properly for the last State Banquet; she just wore what she normally wears to the State Opening of Parliament.

All of this just makes me think that Camilla is not really that bothered about the jewellery. A lot of the bigger, more grand pieces worn in her early years as a royal have just not been used for a long time. These include the large emerald and diamond brooch (from the QEQMs collection), the Cambridge emerald earrings, the Welsh leek brooch, the Greville colliers, the Collet necklace..... Even the Saudi emeralds have not been used since they were attacked on their way to the Royal Variety Performance in autumn 2010.

I agree! It is indeed stunning. A perfect balance of class and bling. A beautiful set.

What a lovely demi-parure!

Often this theory of this being assembled using diamonds from an older tiara is put about. I just don't buy the theory. This demi-parure is composed of a large number of matching stones, of 2-3 different shapes and sizes. My sense is that this was put together carefully by a jeweller, possibly Harry Winston, over sometime, and acquired by the Prince for Camilla. Alternatively, it could have been a wedding present as well.

Any which way, it is a lovely and much used set, the sort every Crown Princess must possess one of!

:previous: This five strand diamond necklace is is part of the Greville Collection and is actually two necklaces made to fit together. So, one five strand or a three and two two strand. Whatever takes your fancy! Don't you just love it when jewels are made to be so versatile.

Actually, I would love to see Camilla wearing either the two or three strand at some magnificent gala occasion that we can all get together (online) and drool over it.

:previous: This five strand diamond necklace is is part of the Greville Collection and is actually two necklaces made to fit together. So, one five strand or a three and two two strand. Whatever takes your fancy! Don't you just love it when jewels are made to be so versatile.

Actually, I would love to see Camilla wearing either the two or three strand at some magnificent gala occasion that we can all get together (online) and drool over it.

I agree, it would be lovely to see her use the 3 string for a gala event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom