Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to see these unknown pieces make their appearances and I hope Camilla continues to dust them off and delight us all.

Last edited:
Here's a slightly better picture of the pendant.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2149/tj14.jpg
It is a very beautiful and somewhat delicate peice.
I think that when someone is moving around any significantly weighted necklace will move. Most photos show a pretty balanced pendant.

The close-up shows that the necklace from which the sapphire pendant is suspended is a "minor" collet.
I don't know about "minor", it is a rather lovely and perfectly balanced for the pendant. Any heavier it would look bulky or lumpy.

Lying low for the last 5 years because of the economic environment, will we now see Camilla take out more of the larger pieces she has access to?
Are you assuming that both the necklace and the pendant are separate peices, from the vault?

To me they seem more like something that Charles would have acquired over the years.

I don't know about "minor", it is a rather lovely and perfectly balanced for the pendant. Any heavier it would look bulky or lumpy.

Minor only when compared to the other collet collie that Camilla has used in the past.

Are you assuming that both the necklace and the pendant are separate peices, from the vault?

To me they seem more like something that Charles would have acquired over the years.

I am not sure if the necklace and pendant came together, or were put together. As far as I am concerned, they work very well together.

My bigger point is that, until recently, I think Camilla had been very reserved in the jewels she used over the last 5 years or so. She stopped using some of the very large pieces that she used early in her marriage, including the "serious" brooches she has. More recently, as the economic environment and general mood in the country has improved, we have seen her bring out a few newer pieces of jewellery, of which the sapphire pendant is probably the most eye-catching and expensive.

Some of the pieces that have emerged recently have included a new diamond choker (first seen in Scandinavia in 2012, and used on many occasions since), the diamond Van Cleef & Arpels (first seen on the Aus/NZ tour last year, and then again at lest 2-3 times since, including in Mumbai recently), and now this whopper of a sapphire.

Diamond choker below (last picture in the post)
http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/flashback-friday-few-of-camillas.html

Last edited:
:previous: Ah, I think I understand, you are saying that Camilla tucked away her more awesome stunners, the larger necklaces and the more magnificent of her pearl chokers, as shown in the link, in her own private little vault in deference to the economic downturn.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: A Few of Camilla's Sparkliest Things

I hope this is the case and you may be right as she was recently seem with the POW brooch but, while the diamond choker made it's appearance in 2012 I have to admit I am heartily sick of the sight of it. I want to see those other glorious beauties again. Same goes with the return of the brooches . . .

I'd love to see a return of that gorgeous aquamarine drop necklace as well as that luscious turquoise piece. Wearing more of those diamond necklaces wouldn't be amiss, too!

I wish to see that luscious pink tourmaline (I think) choker paired with the matching earrings--and I would love to see the Teck tiara on her (The Queen's Diamonds states that it is on loan to her).

^^^That pink tourmaline and pearl choker with the matching earrings is one of my all-time favorite pieces. I'm also looking forward to seeing Camilla wear the Teck Crescent Tiara; it's been lurking too long in the vault!

Oh Baroness you have no idea how pleased I was to read in The Queen's Diamonds that the Teck was on loan to HRH The Duchess of Cornwall--now if ONLY we could find a photo of a private event where she actually wore it. And, with the reemergence of the Papyrus, perhaps--dare we hope--that that Teck Circle Necklace was also returned to the vaults? I would absolutely faint if that was trotted out.

In regards to the Telegraph article (jan 2014) about gifts to the British royals in 2013, I guess we just have to wait to see when she wears the necklace mentioned in the article from the Sultan of Oman.

In regards to the Telegraph article (jan 2014) about gifts to the British royals in 2013, I guess we just have to wait to see when she wears the necklace mentioned in the article from the Sultan of Oman.

It might have been the sapphire pendant she wore to the Royal Variety performance in November 2013. See below for images. Then again, this necklace could well have been from another source, and could have been acquired before 2013.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/Tamriko/cam2_zps4335fb9a.jpg

Last edited:
It might have been the sapphire pendant she wore to the Royal Variety performance in November 2013. See below for images. Then again, this necklace could well have been from another source, and could have been acquired before 2013.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/Tamriko/cam2_zps4335fb9a.jpg

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Jewelry Additions from the Royal Gift List, 2013)

Just saw this on The Queen 's Jewel Vault. Camilla received a parure from the Saudi's in 2013, as well the necklace from Oman. The sapphire pendant and diamond necklace could well be part of the Saudi parure.

Vorschau

Camilla wore a lovely diamond brooch to Portsmouth today. I have seen this previously, but am unsure of its provenance.

Camilla's brooch is a replica of the Nelson relic which was stolen. source rjwmb august 2012. Camilla usually wears it to anything regarding the navy.

Original from the Times; The Diamond studded Callenge or "Triumph" The famous Nelson relic which was stolen from the National Maritime museum early on June 11 1951. Was given to Nelson by the Sultan of Turkey in commemoration of the Battle of the Nile. The Trophy, which is a priceless relic, is said to have a breakup value of about 2,ooo pounds.

It almost looks like three seperate pieces reworked.

It almost looks like three seperate pieces reworked.

Whilst its not my favourite brooch and one might argue that the various bits are perhaps not as harmonious as one would like, I am not sure it has been cobbled together from three separate pieces.

I do wish Camilla would use some of her other "precious" brooches more than she tends to.

Whilst its not my favourite brooch and one might argue that the various bits are perhaps not as harmonious as one would like, I am not sure it has been cobbled together from three separate pieces.
It's one piece and it's replica of specially-made chelengk, which was awarded to Admiral Nelson by Sultan Selim III in honour of the Battle of the Nile.

Chelengk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this turtle brooch new or old. I admit it is not familiar to me. Looks like Mother of Pearl or?
I do like Camilla's critter brooch collection. http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Duchess+Cornwall+Undertakes+Engagements+East+F184LKj-IfFl.jpg
A stunning Turtle design makes this piece of jewellery a fantastic gift idea and is an exquisite example of the gorgeous workmanship that goes into each individual piece of sterling silver and Marcasite set jewellery. The Mother of Pearl shimmers in the light and creates a fantastic water effect on the Turtle's back.
Sterling Silver Marcasite Mother of Pearl Turtle Brooch Pendant

**Pic**

I just love marcasite; you don't see a lot of that worn anymore and it's in nice combination with the mother of pearl. And it does seem that the tail and legs are articulated.

I love the art deco brooch she's wearing as well as her assortment of pearl chokers.

Last edited:
She has an incredible collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom