Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A gift from The Australian Monarchist League

"The Australian Monarchist League (AML) has proceeded to commission the manufacture of a brooch (consisting of an Australian pearl nestled into a eucalyptus shaped leaf in white gold with the Southern Cross set in Australian gemstones) to be presented to HRH The Duchess of Cornwall by the League to commemorate both her 65th birthday (last July) and her first visit to Australia in just over three week's time."

Hopefully we'll see a photograph of this brooch being presented to the Duchess.

:previous:
Hope we'll get to see the brooch.
The description sounds lovely, and a thoughtful gesture from the Monarchist League too.

Meanwhile, Camilla wore another interesting brooch today - one that I'd never seen before.
It's a trophy-style gold one with "2012" engraved on it. Could it be another gift from the tour? And hope we'll get a better picture.

Cropped from a larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 155608643.jpg
    155608643.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 480
A regular feature on many of the people both men and women who attend the Melbourne Cup every year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, that'd be it then. Thanks for explaining!
Having never attended the Melbourne Cup myself, I assumed it was a new brooch.

Artemisia said:

:) I haven't either, but being a Melburnian I watch the telly coverage every year and am well familiar with the cup pin on not only the dignitaries, but the TV presenters too!
I'm always excited by new royal jewellery, but not this time I'm afraid.
Another cup tradition is a yellow rosebud in the gentlemen's button holes. The last time PoW attended (when he allegedly left Diana alone after the race so he could catch up with friends in the bar) he caused a mild stir by wearing some other flower of personal significance. I was pleased to see he was on Flemington message today! :)

Did you see that Charles wore the same cup pin as well - right next to his yellow rose. Cute!

Last edited:
She wore this at the Melbourne Cup. Thanks for the description, I noticed it was a new enhancer/clasp to the same set of pearls. There is a close up on Zimbo.

That's not a brooch, but a pin worn by most people who attend the Melbourne Cup VIP Committee lounge and or sponsored Marquee's.

The brooch from the Australian Monarchist League is still yet to be seen. Infact, I'm thinking it may be presented some time over the next 24 hours before they depart for New Zealand.

Last edited:
The brooch is in the necklace. The center of the brooch is a cross.

The brooch is in the necklace. The center of the brooch is a cross.
That particular necklace (the centrepiece included) has been worn by the Duchess numerous times and long before the Australian visit, so it cannot be the gift.
It's first appearance (that I know of) was back during Charles and Camilla's Jubilee Scandinavian tour (more precisely, in Denmark). :)

Picture 1 - Close up of the necklace as worn in Australia
Picture 2 - Close up of the necklace as worn during the Jubilee Pageant
Picture 3 - Side view of the necklace as worn during the Scandinavia Tour

All cropped from much larger images and constitute less than 20% of the originals.

Attachments

• 1..jpg
    1..jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 396
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 326
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Perhaps you missed the description of the Australian gift in my initital post, Queen Camilla?

...consisting of an Australian pearl nestled into a eucalyptus shaped leaf in white gold with the Southern Cross set in Australian gemstones
As can be seen in the photo's provided by Artemisia, there's no pearl, no eucalyptus shaped leaf in white gold and no array of Australian gemstones in the shape of the Southern Cross.

Again, I think Camilla is still yet to recieve it and if she is to receive it whilst in the country, it would have to be presented sometime over the next 22 hours.

Last edited:
Thanks.

In the pictures from Australia, the outer stones looked like pearls. And the center clearly is a cross.

#3 looks like diamonds and does not seem to resemble the one worn this week. It appears to be a cluster of diamonds. Could she have 2 similar necklaces?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Camilla does have another diamond and pearl choker with slightly smaller pendant, but the one from Scandinavia is definitely the same one she wore in Australia.

Picture 1 - The second diamond and pearl choker
Picture 2 - A front view of the necklace taken on the same occasion as picture 3 in the previous post

All cropped from much larger images and constitute less than 20% of the originals.

Attachments

• 2 (2).jpg
    2 (2).jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 141625364.jpg
    141625364.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 326
Thanks Artemisia

When I saw the pictures from Australia, I thought it was a new brooch. I guess it was just the 1st time I had seen a clear picture of #3. Thanks again.

Last edited:
You are welcome. :)
I got over-exited when I thought I spotted a new brooch a couple of days ago - turned out it was a pin worn by most people at Melbourne Cup. :D ;)

Gift from the Australian Monarchist League - www.monarchist.org.au

Pictured is the Brooch to be presented to HRH The Duchess of Cornwall on the occasion of her first visit to Australia. The brooch has been designed and manufactured by Australian Opal Cutters Pty Ltd on the same basis as the pendant gifted to The Duchess of Cambridge on her wedding to Prince William.

13519788371281737A.jpg

The brooch consists of an Australian pearl nestled into the curve of a eucalyptus shaped leaf in gold with the Southern Cross set in Australian pink diamonds.

Whichever clown took this photo, clearly thought it "best" to use flash photography!

Besides the pearl (I think it's a little disproportionate in size to the actual brooch), I find it a beautifully fashioned piece of jewellery and am delighted that Australian pink diamond's were used.

Last edited:
It's a lovely brooch! :)
I hope we'll see Camilla wear it not just in Australia but back in Britain too.

they intended to present this brooch.
DID Camilla receive it?

Not sure. Possibly at a private function. Either the Duchess received it OR it shall be presented by a 'delegation' who travel to London to present it at a later date.

Last edited:
Intertesting brooch and a ncie touch - great to also hear that Kate received a necklace of similiar design for her wedding. Both jewels, Camilla's brooch and Kate's necklace i presume will be worn at events relating to Australia at home and in Australia just like the Queens does with her wattle brooch

I really like that brooch.
It's one of her personal brooches; Camilla wore it before marrying Prince Charles.

- The brooch as worn today
- The brooch worn at an earlier event
- The brooch worn for an engagement in 2004

Images cropped from larger ones and constitute less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 432
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,908
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 569
Madame Royale said:
Gift from the Australian Monarchist League - www.monarchist.org.au

Whichever clown took this photo, clearly thought it "best" to use flash photography!

And to photograph it lying on its side I'm thinking! Wearing it vertically would place the pearl at the top and the Southern Cross stars the right way up. A considerably more effective look than how it's been presented in this dodgy pic. :-]

A very nice gift to TRH's The Duchess of Cornwall & Duchess of Cambridge.

The earrings look pretty much identical, so I daresay it's definitely the Van Cleef & Arpels Magic Alhambra pair.
Thanks for identifying them! :)

Wow, those earrings are stunners! A style like that would look great on Catherine.

"The Australian Monarchist League (AML) has proceeded to commission the manufacture of a brooch (consisting of an Australian pearl nestled into a eucalyptus shaped leaf in white gold with the Southern Cross set in Australian gemstones) to be presented to HRH The Duchess of Cornwall by the League to commemorate both her 65th birthday (last July) and her first visit to Australia in just over three week's time." Here is a broadcast in which the Australian Monarchist League shows the Brooch:
http://tenbreakfast.com.au/video.htm?movideo_m=242201

I also have a better picture of it:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austr...24482104.83263.353981701344453&type=1&theater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom