Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a beautiful rich color on the stone; I wonder if it's faceted. Nice to see new/old jewels being brought out.

Last edited:
I love the color of the stone. Goes perfectly with the dress. Not a fan of heart-shaped pendants, but I will say that the Duchess is pulling it off rather nicely.

That amethyst necklace is absolutely stunning!

What a stunner! I love it, and the dress as well!

:previous:
Looks like a match - although there may have been a lower strands of pearls attached to the heart as well? If so the update to this version is lovely.

Last edited by a moderator:
It used to be standard procedure to publish wedding gift lists, so we know just what pieces of jewelry were given to royal brides of previous generations. It was possible to know this amethyst necklace existed, even though it was not seen in public. More recently, that process seems to have been abandoned - or at least such lists don't make it to the USA where I live. Do we know what gifts of jewelry our more modern royal brides have been given upon their marriages?

I think that todays royal brides are gieven jewels as wedding gifts. We just don't hear about it much.

How wonderful! What an utterly fantastic necklace! thank you Artemenisia for the article about it.
I can see a glimpse of earrings from beneath her hair, are they matching?

How wonderful! What an utterly fantastic necklace! thank you Artemenisia for the article about it.
I can see a glimpse of earrings from beneath her hair, are they matching?
You are welcome. :)
Camilla has worn the earrings quite often, mostly with her other amethyst necklace and one of the chokers, so I assume she has had it for some time.

Picture of the Queen Mother's wedding gift (GREAT find, OTSS!) is definitely a match. Of course, there has been some re-modelling and the chain appears to have been shortened, but it's definitely the same necklace.

The gold bangle on the right hand is a pretty rare piece; I think Camilla has worn it just a handful times.

The bracelet on the right wrist, however, is a pretty frequent one: the Duchess has worn it on quite a few occasions, sometimes paired with a matching gold charm bracelet. I've attached a good-quality picture of both.

Cropped from a larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• Camilla charms bracelet.jpg
    Camilla charms bracelet.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 555
Thanks, Artemisia! So it was not a new loose dress watch. Thanks for the ID. Do you agree that there was a necklace? At first I thought it was just part of the dress, then I changed my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

You are welcome. :)
I don't know about a necklace, to be honest: it could be part of the dress, or it could indeed be a delicate necklace.

Yikes. She's looking wilted, to say the least. :eek:

Yikes. She's looking wilted, to say the least. :eek:

I don't think Camilla and tropical temperatures go together well. I think I've read where she really doesn't care for hot/humid climates and after being out in that kind of heat for a while, the best of us look like a damp washrag. :D

I don't think Camilla and tropical temperatures go together well. I think I've read where she really doesn't care for hot/humid climates and after being out in that kind of heat for a while, the best of us look like a damp washrag. :D

I can relate to Camila's sentiments; heat and humidity are not my friends. She does look wilted, but it's probably due to heat exhaustion.

Let's hope she manages to complete her obligations on this tour. In the past she has bailed on official occasions during overseas tours due to 'heat'.

I hate heat and humidity and have had to deal with both. Camilla looks and acts years older than she is. I can say that, because I am older than she is. "If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen".

I am sure that the requirement to do this kind of thing was one of her major objections to marrying Charles rather than continue in their previous relationship.

I am sure that the requirement to do this kind of thing was one of her major objections to marrying Charles rather than continue in their previous relationship.
Did she have objections to marrying Prince Charles? At the time of their engagement she mentioned she was so incredibly surprised and happy.

Let's hope she manages to complete her obligations on this tour. In the past she has bailed on official occasions during overseas tours due to 'heat'.

Do you have any examples when she has "bailed on official occassions during overseas tours due to heat"? In Rajasthan, it was reported that due to the extreme heat she took a few quiet minutes. Similarly during the trip to Africa last year, it was reported at one stage she had a few minutes to herself in the shade, but soldiered on thereafter.

I personally find it unfair to critizise people for not being up to everything due to their health. I have myself massive problems when it is hot and if Camilla has similar problematics, I congratulate her on her trooper spirit. Plus she added another engagement on short notice to her schedule in Papua New Guinea, that doesn't sound as if she is "workshy"...

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall begin tour of Australia - Telegraph

From the article:
"The meeting was arranged at the last minute after the royal party discovered the veterans were staying at the same hotel. The Duchess, whose father Major Bruce Shand was captured at the Battle of El Alamein and spent three years as a PoW, said: "I felt I ought to be here because my father was in the war and I know he would have liked to see me here with all of you."

At least Melbourne will be a cool (& wet) change!!
Always rains for Cup day. Lol

muriel said:
Do you have any examples when she has "bailed on official occassions during overseas tours due to heat"? In Rajasthan, it was reported that due to the extreme heat she took a few quiet minutes. Similarly during the trip to Africa last year, it was reported at one stage she had a few minutes to herself in the shade, but soldiered on thereafter.

I believe it was Indonesia. We are still at the hotel post hurricaine Sandy, so I don't have access to my library until the power is restored to our town

I believe it was Indonesia. We are still at the hotel post hurricaine Sandy, so I don't have access to my library until the power is restored to our town

Camilla did not go to Indonesia. It was announced in advance of the trip that Camilla will visit Japan and Brunei, whilst the PoW will carry on to Indonesia thereafter. The Duchess headed back to London after Brunei to prepare for a number of forthcoming engagements, including the 60th birthday celebrations for the PoW and Rememberance Sunday.

:previous:Thanks for the clarification Muriel. Is this a case of misunderstanding a particular occasion and the resulting misinformation becoming "fact" by sheer dint of repetition or, is it just the continuation of the same old negative sniping as regards Camilla?

:previous:Thanks for the clarification Muriel. Is this a case of misunderstanding a particular occasion and the resulting misinformation becoming "fact" by sheer dint of repetition or, is it just the continuation of the same old negative sniping as regards Camilla?

Perhaps my cynicism belies my age, but I think this is really a case of persisting with ones own negative agenda, irrespective of fact. As they say, never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom