Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the ruby and diamond brooch she's wearing in the first picture!
f I'm not mistaken, that's a Van Cleef & Arpel ruby and diamond brooch.
Unfortunately, Camilla has worn it only on handful of occasions and all post-wedding, so I'd presume it was a gift from the Prince of Wales.

Cropped from a larger image an constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• Z133479482191102_4.jpg
    Z133479482191102_4.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 993
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I noticed it right away! A very contemporary design and your description fits it perfectly, Baroness. I like it! :)

I love the two little dragonfly brooches with the diamond wings, they're so cute.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good eye, Daria! :flowers:
I've never seen the brooch before; might it be a new one?
Camilla does have another dragonfly brooch which she has worn on several occasions including the Sandringham Flower Show in 2010, but this one is completely new to me.

Close ups of the two brooches for comparison.
Personally I prefer the older pair (it looks more elegant), but certainly wouldn't say no to this one either!

Cropped from much larger images and constitute less than 20% of the original

Attachments

• 103131901.jpg
    103131901.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 708
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,609
Last edited:
:previous: Artemisia, like you, I would prefer the older pair myself (I'm very partial to blue), but the new pair is lovely as well. This is the first time I've seen the older pair (the new one I saw first on the picture that I posted).

I actually like the diamond dragonfly set better; they seem more antique and realistic in design and have less of a butterfly effect than the blue and white set. The upper one looks like it has a green body; I wonder if it's enamel. But I wouldn't say no to either set, either!

I was about to say the same thing, Baroness. The new set look more life-like, well as life-like as diamond encrusted insects can look. Both sets are superb.

I'm wondering if this newer set has articulated wings to tremble with movement. Many of these larger pieces have this feature to give a life-like appearance.

Last edited:
Camilla wore a beautiful maple leaf brooch today, during visit to Toronto. I've never seen this particular brooch. Anyone?
It looks silver/white gold to me, but I don't get why there is a "2" in the middle.

Cropped from larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 966
Last edited:
Unfortunately I didn't really catch much of it but the Duchess of Cornwall gave a speech for The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada. The brooch seems to fit in very well with their badge :flowers:

(Apologies for the wiki link :sad:)

Thanks a lot for the information, TortillaChips! :flowers:
It does appear to be the badge of The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada of which the Duchess of Cornwall has been Colonel-in-Chief since 2010. That explains "2" then.

Last edited:
That's a lovely brooch. I wonder if it's come to Camilla via the regiment's previous royal Commander in Chief, Princess Alexandra? Or maybe it's been created specifically for Camilla?

It's definitely not a brooch, but the regiment badge - again, thanks TortillaChips for digging out information about it! :flowers:
During a 1812 Commemorative Military Muster at the Fort York Armoury Camilla wore the badge not on her coat, but rather innovatively, on her hat.

Shame, I rather hoped we've finally stumbled upon a new piece of jewellery.

Last edited:
That is a lovely maple leaf brooch. Very appropriate for the occasion.

You are welcome! Yes, Camilla's engagement ring belonged to the Queen Mother. The platinum and diamond ring was not the Queen Mother’s wedding or engagement ring, but it was one of the favourites in her collection. It has been suggested (but never confirmed) that the ring might have been part of the Greville inheritance.
- The ring as worn by the Duchess of Cornwall (during the visit to Portugal in March of 2011)
- The ring as worn by the Queen Mother (during an evening event in 1980's)

Camilla's engagement ring was an anniversary gift from The King to The Queen Mother. It did not come from the Greville bequest.

The Duchess of Cornwall today wore one of her dragonfly brooches (she has another pair too).
She has previously worn this brooch on a number of occasions, including the Sandringham Flower Show in 2010.

Cropped from much larger images and constitute less than 20% of the original

Attachments

• 103131901.jpg
    103131901.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 637
This is a pretty set, but I've always preferred the antique, more realistic ones.

Last edited:
This is a very pretty set of dragonfly brooches. I love both sets. They look so delicate.

I love both sets of dragonflys. These seem more modern, the others more antique. Lovely!

The Duchess of Cornwall today wore one of my favourite chokers - The Aquamarine Choker.
It used to be one of her favourites; she wore it all the time during the first couple of years of her marriage and it was once one of her signature pieces.

It's a three-strand pearl choker with a large aquamarine set in yellow gold. The choker is a family heirloom that the Duchess often wore pre and post-wedding.

Attachments

• 55988650.jpg
    55988650.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,077
I love it! I think it's her most beautiful choker, even better than those with diamonds.

That choker is stunning! Love the combination of the auqamarine with the gold.

I love seeing her colored stone chokers; she has another one that's in pink as well. The gold setting of that aquamarine is absolutely massive.

I love seeing her colored stone chokers; she has another one that's in pink as well. The gold setting of that aquamarine is absolutely massive.
You probably mean this choker - it's my favourite too.
It's a five pearl choker with a pink topaz surrounded with a 28-diamond crust in the middle. The topaz and diamonds piece was originally a brooch from Edwardian era and was purchased at Sotheby's auction in 2000 (probably, by Prince Charles who gave it to Camilla).

Attachments

• 88532682.jpg
    88532682.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 823
Yes, that's exactly it, Artemisia, thank you; it's such a beautiful piece. I saw a photo of her wearing the matching pink topaz earrings, but never saw them again. It seems she rarely wears them, yet they made a gorgeous set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom