Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that ruby necklace turn into a tiara? That would be a stunner.
No, but one day the suite will most likely be broken down, reconstructed and made into more manageable pieces.
There are a lot of diamonds and rubies to play with, and there are probably earrings and a bracelet to match (so far unseen).

v The Saudi Rubies
image cropped from a larger photograph

Attachments

• Saudi Rubies.jpg
    Saudi Rubies.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4,383
That is a massive and sumptuous necklace. I envision earrings, pendants, brooches and bracelets made from that necklace. I'd like to see those hanging strands removed from the collar segment and just have that as a necklace alone, perhaps with a loop to add a pendant for versatility.

Are those cabochon or faceted rubies, BTW?

Last edited:
The ruby necklace is so breathtaking!

The ruby necklace is very tacky and OTT in my opinion. It probably will eventually be broken up and redesigned for other pieces in the future (which all the members of the royal family have done in the past).

The sapphire and emerald necklaces are more understated and appropriate.

I'm sure it will be reconstituted, but it has to be worn a few times publicly as is so as not to offend the giver of the gift.

Same can be said of this necklace HM wore for the state visit from Qatar, an earlier gift from her hosts:

Queen Elizabeth II Pictures - Qatar State Visit To the UK - Zimbio

Lots of nice pearls and diamonds going on here; just horrible in its current form.

Baroness of Books said:
Yes, I'd love to see the mighty Bouche paired with Camilla's mighty hair again!:D

Camilla's mighty hair? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see it fitted to a frame and worn as a tiara by the Duchess before anything should be decided. It would be a real sight I'd imagine.

:previous:I think you could get a tiara and a necklace out of it in it's current form.

The circular base could remain as as is and the 'prongs' could be added to a frame.

:previous:I think you could get a tiara and a necklace out of it in it's current form.

The circular base could remain as is and the 'prongs' could be added to a frame.

For Baroness, inparticular.

This is a very rushed effort to portray what I envision, so my apologies for it's lack luster appearance.

camz-5.jpg

(Please Note: I've posted this photoshop in this thread in light of the discussion which is currently taking place)

Last edited:
:previous:
A great job! :flowers:
The ruby necklace does look so much better as a necklace plus tiara.
It would be quite possible to make a couple of bracelets, rings, earrings, and brooches out of it too, without losing much volume. ;)

Madame Royale, you are truly the mistress of the art of tiara photo-shopping! That's a marvelous job and that's exactly how I envisioned the necklace by itself. The tiara looks really good since it would probably sit lower in Camilla's hair. I'm sure she could still get a few bits and bobs from that major segment while still keeping a tiara. Thank you.:flowers:

Last edited:
The best I've ever seen her hair. :flowers: You could have done something with the bra, too. :p

Very well done, Madame. You had done well to make the Saudi demi parure into a usable piece of jewellery!

Very well done, Madame. You had done well to make the Saudi demi parure into a usable piece of jewellery!

I echo muriel's congratulations - you have made a very attractive suite of jewels from that one huge necklace! One question however, why have you superimposed the Duchess of Cornwall's head onto the body of HM the Queen?

LOL it looks like QE2's body with Camilla's head. Still, that's exactly how I saw the necklace bring re-done.

Well done Madame, I admire anyone with the ability to master photoshop. That's pretty much what I'd like to see. Although, I'd love it if the 'gaps' could be filled in with diamonds somehow (hey, if you're gonna do it may as well do it right).

Although, I'd love it if the 'gaps' could be filled in with diamonds somehow (hey, if you're gonna do it may as well do it right).

The only issue I'd have with that is that the integrity of the original composition would be therefore compromised. Maintaing a recognisable appearance would be quite important I'd imagine, considering it was a gift afterall. But because it belongs to the state and is not the personal property of any one person, I'd consider it somewhat unlikely that it should be remodeled anytime soon (would like to be proven wrong).

It would not be disimilar in style to the Hanovarian fringe, though evidently not as dense and with additional height. I certainly think it a worthwhile consideration in any case :)

The sapphire necklace is gorgeous!

It really is a stunning necklace. Would love to see Camilla wear it more often than what she has.

Last edited:
The only issue I'd have with that is that the integrity of the original composition would be therefore compromised. Maintaing a recognisable appearance would be quite important I'd imagine, considering it was a gift afterall. But because it belongs to the state and is not the personal property of any one person, I'd consider it somewhat unlikely that it should be remodeled anytime soon (would like to be proven wrong).

It would not be disimilar in style to the Hanovarian fringe, though evidently not as dense and with additional height. I certainly think it a worthwhile consideration in any case :)
I take on board your point about maintaining the integrity of the original present, but I just think it will be very difficult, from a domestic PR perspective, for Camilla to get a "new" tiara any time in the near future, even if it uses stones from an existing necklace. My sense is that this necklace will sit in the vaults for some time, and may end up being used by Catherine when she is Princess of Wales, if she so desires. She may, with the permission of C&C, choose to modify it along the lines of Madame Royal's excellent photoshop.

Once she is Queen, Camilla will have the choice of Queen Victoria's ruby (formerly opal) suite, or the Baring suite HM purchased in the 1960s, and a choice of tiaras to match (Oriental circlet or the Burmese ruby tiara).

Catherine may intead choose to use the Greville ruby and diamond necklace HM used when she was younger. I would be surprised if Camilla chose to use this one as it is best used with a dress with a low neck line, and it has been a while since Camilla has worn anything that low.

Fortunately, Camilla will not go wanting for any tiara's so I don't see that being an issue. I think we may very well be introduced to some never before seen or at least, those which have not been seen in a long time, pieces of jewellery when Charles succeeds his mother.

I think Camilla's style will reflect that of her husbands to some degree and by that I mean that I think we'll see her wear some rather robust, Edwardian looking settings. I don't think she'll be the Queen Alexandra of the 21st century, but I do think she won't be affraid to sport some sizeable gems not often (if at all) endorsed by our current sovereign.

Fortunately, Camilla will not go wanting for any tiara's so I don't see that being an issue. I think we may very well be introduced to some never before seen or at least, those which have not been seen in a long time, pieces of jewellery when Charles succeeds his mother.

I think Camilla's style will reflect that of her husbands to some degree and by that I mean that I think we'll see her wear some rather robust, Edwardian looking settings. I don't think she'll be the Queen Alexandra of the 21st century, but I do think she won't be affraid to sport some sizeable gems not often (if at all) endorsed by our current sovereign.

I agree with you on this, Camilla has demosntrated that, PR issues notwithstanding, she is not afraid to don a serious rock or two. Having said that, in recent years, she appears to be less willing to get the serious rocks out. We have not seen the Greville 3 or 5 string since its only appearance in 2007, nor have we seen the collet necklace in some time (probably last seen in Brunei in late 2008)

Last edited:
I don't think there would be any issue PR-wise if Camilla were to use this ruby necklace and fashion a tiara our of it. Ultimately, she's just reconstituting existing pieces and so the costs would be kept relatively low. Where there would be a PR issue is if, say, Charles were to go out and buy her a whole new parure from scratch. But then, the BRF often just don't comment on jewellery so if he did buy a whole new raft of jewels, he could just not comment on it and we'd not know if they were new or pieces from the depths of the vaults.

Charles has never been scared of putting his hand in his pocket to buy substantial pieces. I can imagine him taking the lead on amending this piece.

I don't remember seeing them before either, Baroness. Anyone any ideas?

I've an odd question here. Should Camilla be crowned as Queen Consort when the time comes, is it possible that perhaps some pieces could be fashioned into her own personal Queen Consort crown or would she wear one that has been previously worn? Just wondering....

Jewels worn today by Camilla in Liverpool, picture courtesy of Iceflower in the current events thread. She's wearing her favorite pearl earrings and one of her chokers and her brooches look like turquoise birds, something I haven't seen before.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Camilla has actually worn those brooches quite often, they are among her favourites. :)
Among other events, she wore them during the visit to Hampshire with Prince Charles on May 26, 2011
The brooches appear to be part of her private collection because Camilla has them on in a couple of pre-wedding pictures.

Cropped from much larger pictures and constitute less than 20% of the original

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 5,894
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 5,472
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 5,473
Last edited: