Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lovely picture. Camilla demonstrates big jewels can be worn with panache. My only disappointment is that is that I think she wore the exact same combination of necklace/tiara when she wore this gown previously in Uganda. I do like to see a fresh take on presenting these major pieces together, but I guess why change a winning combination

The color of that gown is divine!! Love it with all those beautiful diamonds!!!

I wasn't a fan of this the last time she wore this combo, and i'm not a fan of it know. It's too much, and they aren't even pretty jewels.

Last edited:
Wow! Stunning, tiara, stunning necklace, stunning every piec eof jewelery! :D

Wow, that's already the second time this year that we unexpectedly see the Duchess of Cornwall at an tiara event that is neithe a State Banquet nor the Diplomatic Reception. Is white tie having a renaissance in Britain?
Camilla wears those big jewels with her usual panache and looks absolutely great. This pic shows her stunning earrings better:
Camilla, Duchess Of Cornwall attends The Duke of Wellington's... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Given these two unexpected tiara outings, in 2015, Camilla could end up having at least 6 tiara outings. That must be a first for her.

The 6 potential outings this year include 2 state banquets, State Opening of Parliament, Royal Academy, Wellington celebration dinner and the annual BP diplomatic reception.

Camilla like to take a lot of inspiration from the late Queen Mother in her fashion (much to Charles's satisfaction). I just wish she would change up the necklace to maybe a strand or two. It's just too much for her neckline and appear to drag her down.

Given these two unexpected tiara outings, in 2015, Camilla could end up having at least 6 tiara outings. That must be a first for her.

The 6 potential outings this year include 2 state banquets, State Opening of Parliament, Royal Academy, Wellington celebration dinner and the annual BP diplomatic reception.

She is definitely stepping up her game in looking the part of a Consort. It's a very rare thing for any of the British royal women, except for The Queen.

Last edited:
She is definitely stepping up her game in looking the part of a Consort. It's a very rare thing for any of the British royal women, except for The Queen.

> I don't think it is really a question of stepping up her game, these two white events came up, so she pulled her tiara on.

> I think there is a slightly different point. After c7 years of depressed economic times, the economic climate and general mood appears to be improving in the UK. I think that is why Camilla is starting to pull out the bigger pieces again. In the first 2-3 years of her marriage, she wore a number of serious pieces, and then by late 2008, she stopped, retreating to a few favourites. More recently, she has been seen with a few interesting pieces (butterfly brooches, the ruby demi-parure, and now, the Greville collier). I hope this streak continues, and she continues to go "big" in public.

Beautiful earrings , beautiful tiara but this necklace i hate it. Why Camilla wore only this tiara ? or i have wrong?

The Greville necklace, together with the Greville Tiara [both geometric and both Diamond] make perfect sense to me...

The Greville necklace, together with the Greville Tiara [both geometric and both Diamond] make perfect sense to me...

I agree. The earrings are her "best" diamond earrings, so she does not have much choice there.

> I don't think it is really a question of stepping up her game, these two white events came up, so she pulled her tiara on.

> I think there is a slightly different point. After c7 years of depressed economic times, the economic climate and general mood appears to be improving in the UK. I think that is why Camilla is starting to pull out the bigger pieces again. In the first 2-3 years of her marriage, she wore a number of serious pieces, and then by late 2008, she stopped, retreating to a few favourites. More recently, she has been seen with a few interesting pieces (butterfly brooches, the ruby demi-parure, and now, the Greville collier). I hope this streak continues, and she continues to go "big" in public.

I too hope she keeps this up. I just think the Royal Women of Windsor should look the part whenever they can. Don't be afraid rock those jewels.

Beautiful earrings , beautiful tiara but this necklace i hate it. Why Camilla wore only this tiara ? or i have wrong?

The Duchess has more diadems. Two weeks ago she wore her own family's heirloom (the Cubitt diadem), she has worn the diamond Delhi Durbar diadem, and the Boucheron honeycomb-motif diadem, which is her favourite.

I have read that also the Teck Crescent Diadem is at Camilla's disposal but she still has to wear it. Due to the construction of the diadem and the gaps between base and monture, it needs BIG hair, preferrably with hair-extensions, to wear it succesfully, I think.

:flowers:

Will Charles and Camilla not attende Commonwealth Head of State meeting this year? That would be anothe tiara Event.
I like it that she has choosen seomething different then one of her pearl chokers. They are beautiful but we see them so often the last years that i find this a welcome change.

Will Charles and Camilla not attende Commonwealth Head of State meeting this year? That would be anothe tiara Event.
I like it that she has choosen seomething different then one of her pearl chokers. They are beautiful but we see them so often the last years that i find this a welcome change.

You are right, they will be attending the CHOGM meeting, so there can be 7 tiara appearances this year.

The "problem" is that we can not judge the spectacular diadem and enormous collier from day pictures. We can be sure, that there inside at the rich bedecked table and in the flicker of massive chandeliers, the diamonds of the Duchess did their magic....

:)

Those diamonds, those diamonds... They are a girl's best friend!:D ;)

HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
His Grace The Duke of Wellington
Her Grace The Duchess of Wellington

The one Duchess stunning in the Greville diadem and two colliers (one with two and one with three rows of glittering diamonds). The other Duchess witha nice diadem and -often not seen these days- long white gloves.

Picture.

Amazing jewels. The necklaces are breathtaking.

HRH The Prince of Wales
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall
His Grace The Duke of Wellington
Her Grace The Duchess of Wellington

The one Duchess stunning in the Greville diadem and two colliers (one with two and one with three rows of glittering diamonds). The other Duchess witha nice diadem and -often not seen these days- long white gloves.

Picture.
Just stunning...

Better have some stamina to drag that lot around....I think those rival the set of ruby and diamonds Maxima had on the other day (wedding of CP and Sofia).....those are stunning and Camilla wears them well.

Who's the lady in black facing Camilla? I love that tiara she has on too.

Do we know anything about her tiara? Family piece?

LaRae

....I think those rival the set of ruby and diamonds Maxima had on the other day (wedding of CP and Sofia).....those are stunning and Camilla wears them well.

Much as I am very fond of the Dutch Mellerio ruby parure, to me, for sheer presence, it can't compete with the Greville colliers and tiara.

Last edited:
Much as I am very fond of the Dutch Mellerio ruby parure, to me, for sheer presence, it can't compete with the Greville colliers and tiara.

The Mellerio Ruby Parure (and the "Peacock" ruby parure) already lose it inside the Dutch collection itself from the enormous diamond-and-sapphires sets and the so-called "New Crown Parure" (with the 350 years old massive Stuart Diamond). So it is no surprise the clunky Greville necklace outpowers the Mellerio parure by sheer carat power. Esthetically, tja..., that is a point of discussion....

However it is a surprise that a "simple" Mrs Greville could bomb the most noble and most royal ladies away 'with shock and awe' with such a massive amount of diamonds. The British royal family may be very grateful for a most generous Mrs Greville!

Esthetically, tja..., that is a point of discussion....

Yes I'm not keen on the necklace on Camiila, as has been said it, appears to weigh her down with diamonds ( a nice problem). I'd like to see it worn differently rather than the exposed neckline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom