The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-04-2014, 03:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Whilst its not my favourite brooch and one might argue that the various bits are perhaps not as harmonious as one would like, I am not sure it has been cobbled together from three separate pieces.
It's one piece and it's replica of specially-made chelengk, which was awarded to Admiral Nelson by Sultan Selim III in honour of the Battle of the Nile.

Chelengk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-26-2014, 10:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is this turtle brooch new or old. I admit it is not familiar to me. Looks like Mother of Pearl or?
I do like Camilla's critter brooch collection. http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...84LKj-IfFl.jpg

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 03-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Is this turtle brooch new or old. I admit it is not familiar to me. Looks like Mother of Pearl or?
I do like Camilla's critter brooch collection. http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/D...84LKj-IfFl.jpg
Quote:
A stunning Turtle design makes this piece of jewellery a fantastic gift idea and is an exquisite example of the gorgeous workmanship that goes into each individual piece of sterling silver and Marcasite set jewellery. The Mother of Pearl shimmers in the light and creates a fantastic water effect on the Turtle's back.
Sterling Silver Marcasite Mother of Pearl Turtle Brooch Pendant

**Pic**
Old 03-27-2014, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks, Spheno! Has she had this a long time? It's cute - looks like the legs and tail are articulated.

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 03-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Courtier

I didn't see this brooch before.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I just love marcasite; you don't see a lot of that worn anymore and it's in nice combination with the mother of pearl. And it does seem that the tail and legs are articulated.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Am I right in thinking we haven't seen this particular choker for quite some time?

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall attends the ceremonial welcome for Irish... News Photo 483382975 | Getty Images
Old 04-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the art deco brooch she's wearing as well as her assortment of pearl chokers.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has an incredible collection
Old 05-10-2014, 04:01 AM
Courtier

Another butterfly brooch. Previously worn on March of 2006.

This is one of three butterflies that I have seen her wear.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...14_634x512.jpg
Old 05-10-2014, 04:11 AM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall could not have chosen a better brooch to go with her outfit. It matches superbly. The Duchess looked very elegant by the way, she looks in nothing on the lady depicted on the painting....

Old 05-10-2014, 04:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
She has an incredible collection
Apart from Queen Elizabeth who is unbeatable in the jewelry department, it are Camilla and Máxima who seems to appreciate the beauty of jewels most. These ladies seem to understand that jewels, but also wearing hats, gloves and other accessories, are instrumental to the execution of their royal role. I love their zest to keep up the old standard.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent

And I love that Charles just adores lavishing beautiful bijoux upon his wife as well.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Courtier

IF ONLY the Duke of Cambridge would pick up the habit !
Old 05-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Amen to that say I!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
And I love that Charles just adores lavishing beautiful bijoux upon his wife as well.
You, me and a whole lot of other jewelery addicts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Apart from Queen Elizabeth who is unbeatable in the jewelry department, it are Camilla and Máxima who seems to appreciate the beauty of jewels most. These ladies seem to understand that jewels, but also wearing hats, gloves and other accessories, are instrumental to the execution of their royal role. I love their zest to keep up the old standard.

Couldn't have said it better if I tried!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Courtier

Camilla visits the Royal Winnipeg Ballet and wears her ballerina brooch.

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Prince Charles Visits Canada — Part 4 - Zimbio

(On a side note, her jewelry could be gifts from her kids, her siblings, parents, relatives or friends.) Some pieces are not expensive the turtle brooch was only $200.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Is there a special story behind this piece of jewellery? The brooch is interesting and seems to fit the occasion.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looks like costume jewelry or such. Not very interesting.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Aristocracy

wrong thread