The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
It is easy to be wrong sometimes about provenance, but you are quite right about this.
I update or amend my notes as more reliable information is provided. Thanks ladies

Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 AM
Majesty

camilla looked good but i am not a fan of that tiara she wore last night

Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
camilla looked good but i am not a fan of that tiara she wore last night
Camilla looked absolutely regal. Her hair was coiffed perfectly to balance out the Tiara.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Royal Highness

I loved it! Thought she looked fabulous.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the Honeycomb tiara and Camilla's got the perfect hair to balance it out.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Majesty

I agree, Camilla and her Honeycomb Tiara is a very good match. The Boucheron and The Delhi Durbar Tiara seem to be the only ones she use.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Serene Highness

I really hate her hair, especially with a tiara. She hasn't changed the style since...well, ever. If you want a better example of hair that us stylish, up-to-date, and balances out a tiara, look to Queen Silvia.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
I really hate her hair, especially with a tiara. She hasn't changed the style since...well, ever. If you want a better example of hair that us stylish, up-to-date, and balances out a tiara, look to Queen Silvia.
I'm afraid thats Camilla for you, like it or lump it. She has not changed her hairstyle much in 40 years, and I would be surprised if she ever does.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I find it attractive and flattering for her; more so than Princess Anne's hairstyle!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

I like her hair; perfect to tiara wearing. It has volume and shape that enhance tiara wearing IMO.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Camilla has improved her hair style from what it was back in the day. Many years ago her hair was very shabby and rough. Now her hair is lighter, fluffier and well put together. Her hair really suits the two main tiara's she use on a regular bases.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...29_470x826.jpg

Does anyone recognise the aquamarine brooch Camilla is wearing at the Service of Thanksgiving today at the Abbey?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Administrator

At Royal Ascot Day 2 the Duchess of Cornwall wore the Princess of Wales Feather Brooch with emerald drop.

Thumbnail image cropped from a larger photograph.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DOC POW Brooch Ascot 2013.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	289336  
Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do love the emerald drop with the brooch. Has she added that before?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla definitely picked the right day to wear The Prince of Wales feather brooch at Royal Ascot, the day of the POW Stakes. Surprisingly it looked terrific against her green coat.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
At Royal Ascot Day 2 the Duchess of Cornwall wore the Princess of Wales Feather Brooch with emerald drop.

Thumbnail image cropped from a larger photograph.

I love the way an increadingly confident Camilla now wears this brooch every now and then. Given the intense debate that followed her first wearing of this brooch, and whether it was one previosuly used by Diana or not, it is wonderful Camilla has had the confidence to put the issue to bed by wearing it repeatedly.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, they do not fall under the "Cheaters Allowance", sovereign to sovereign, where the present ruler gets to distribute the loot among those who might have to pay taxes. So, Camilla's engagement ring is just a loan, who would get engaged with a borrowed ring, forever? As her Honeycomb Tiara, etc. It is a tax dodge. The Gloucester's will have to pay the tax.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 AM
Heir Apparent

As far as I know, Camilla's engagement ring is not a loan, it is hers. It was possibly part of the jewellery that QEQM left to QE2 in a sovereign to sovereign transfer, which was exempt under current legislation.

However, QE2 could well have given the ring to Charles for Camilla at the time of the engagement - it does not have to be a loan. As long as the giver of the gifts lives for 7 years after the gift is made, no inheritance tax is payable.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, but technically the jewels remain The Queen's personal property as she inherited them from her mother. They are a loan at the moment, but once The Queen dies, all of her jewels become the property of Charles as the new Sovereign tax-free. Upon Camilla's death, they would return to the Crown.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Yes, they do not fall under the "Cheaters Allowance", sovereign to sovereign, where the present ruler gets to distribute the loot among those who might have to pay taxes. So, Camilla's engagement ring is just a loan, who would get engaged with a borrowed ring, forever? As her Honeycomb Tiara, etc. It is a tax dodge. The Gloucester's will have to pay the tax.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
As far as I know, Camilla's engagement ring is not a loan, it is hers. It was possibly part of the jewellery that QEQM left to QE2 in a sovereign to sovereign transfer, which was exempt under current legislation.

However, QE2 could well have given the ring to Charles for Camilla at the time of the engagement - it does not have to be a loan. As long as the giver of the gifts lives for 7 years after the gift is made, no inheritance tax is payable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
Yes, but technically the jewels remain The Queen's personal property as she inherited them from her mother. They are a loan at the moment, but once The Queen dies, all of her jewels become the property of Charles as the new Sovereign tax-free. Upon Camilla's death, they would return to the Crown.
I disagree. The Queen could well have gifted the ring to Charles in or before Feb 2005, which he then gave Camilla when they were engaged.

Should the Queen survive 7 years after she gifted the ring to Charles (which she did, in this case), no inheritance tax would be due on the ring, either now or at the time of the Queen's eventual death.