The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Serene Highness

That leek brooch is really lovely and perfect for today. I also can't get over how good that particular kind of Forest Green suits her, as I would have thought it too dark a colour for the Duchess, but it really does suit Camilla.

I also have a small collection of Dragonfly brooches given to me over the years, only I don't get even half of the chances that Camilla gets to wear hers sadly, as I love them and I love hers. My personal favourites of her brooches though, are the Pansy Brooches. I think it's the enamel work on them and how that makes them shimmer in the light. They really are lovely.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Courtier

I would really love to see a good closeup of the Leek brooch. Most pics I have seen of this have been blurry.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Attached to the post is the best picture of the Leek Brooch that I have.
It's still a bit blurry but better than any of the other pictures I've seen.

Cropped from a larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original
Attached Images

Old 03-12-2013, 02:03 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall’s Dragonfly Brooches

These are probably among my Top 5 favourite brooches among Camilla's collection.
I agree too! Not usually a fan of bug jewelry, but I like these.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

As a devoted fan of the Duchess's jewellery collection, I finally god to dedicating an entire week to them.
So far, the following jewels have been covered:

Queen Mother's Lily of the Valley Brooch
Van Cleef & Arpels Dragonfly Brooches
Pair of Pansy Brooches

Turquoise and Diamond Demi-Parure
Keppel Ruby and Diamond Tiara
Hesse Diamond Jubilee Brooch
Gold Eucalyptus Brooch

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	288323   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	288324   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	288325   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	288326  

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	288327   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	288328   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	288329  
Old 03-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Now that's an interesting tiara/necklace and heart-shaped brooch with what looks to be sapphire stones dangling from diamond strands. Any information on those two pieces, Artemisia?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Administrator

The sapphire-drop diamond brooch is provenance of Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia.
Camilla wore the brooch in Canada in November 2009.

Edit: for the correct provenance, see Artemisia's post below.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Warren, that looks like an interesting snake motif in the center of the brooch.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I think that the Duchess of Cornwall has lovely jewels, but I don't particularly like the Keppel Ruby and Diamond Tiara or the Gold Eucalyptus Brooch. Her Pansy Brooches are my favorites, along with the Dragonfly Brooches. I'd quite happily wear them both.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post

The sapphire-drop diamond brooch is provenance of Grand Duchess Xenia of Russia.
Camilla wore it in Canada in November 2009.
That's not entirely accurate. The brooch was a gift to Queen Victoria from her Hesse grandchildren on the occasion of her Diamond Jubilee.
The description of Victoria's gift corresponds perfectly to the brooch now worn by the Duchess, so I'm pretty certain it's the one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Now that's an interesting tiara/necklace and heart-shaped brooch with what looks to be sapphire stones dangling from diamond strands. Any information on those two pieces, Artemisia?
You can read about the tiara/necklace here - Keppel Ruby and Diamond Tiara, and about the brooch here - Hesse Diamond Jubilee Brooch.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Has she ever worn the Keppel diamond and ruby tiara? It might almost go well with a toned down version of the Saudi diamond and ruby necklace/breastplate that she received a few years ago.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Has she ever worn the Keppel diamond and ruby tiara? It might almost go well with a toned down version of the Saudi diamond and ruby necklace/breastplate that she received a few years ago.
Yes, she has - but as a necklace. You can find the picture of the only known occasion Camilla wore the tiara (as a necklace) here.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Yes, she has - but as a necklace. You can find the picture of the only known occasion Camilla wore the tiara (as a necklace) here.
The rubies are stunning! I love the simplicity of design. So many tiaras/necklaces are fussy and over the top but this one is perfect. It would look great on Kate since she tends to prefer cleaner lines and more minimal jewelry. Maybe one day : -)
Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It is very unlikely Kate will ever get to wear the tiara because it is in Camilla's private possession (a family heirloom), as opposed to a piece from the Royal Collection.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Commoner

Well dang! I didn't know it was her personal jewels. I suppose it will go to her children then. I'm not normally a ruby fan but that setting is just so pretty.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Is this turquoise choker new?
Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Prince Charles Visits Riyadh Airbase - Zimbio

These earrings look nice. Are they new?
Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Prince Charles Visits Riyadh Airbase - Zimbio
Old 03-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

No and no. Both pieces of jewellery have been in use for a few years now.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
You can read about the tiara/necklace here - Keppel Ruby and Diamond Tiara, and about the brooch here - Hesse Diamond Jubilee Brooch.
Thanks, Artemisia. I actually thought the center design was snakes, not a number! And while it might be interesting to see the Keppel tiara worn as a tiara, I think it looks better as a necklace.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I had no idea what to think of the central design of the brooch until I found out about it in the list of gifts received by Victoria.
Completely agree about the tiara/necklace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
As muriel said, they are not new. The turquoise necklace is the one she usually wears to all of her Middle Easter tours or events related to the region.
The earrings are usually paired with the heavy gold cross necklace and likewise worn mainly on Middle East and India-related engagements.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Courtier

Thanks Artemisia for the pic of the Welsh Leek brooch. Here's hoping one day we may see a good Clear close up of it. As I am sure it is a decent diamond brooch. I also read elsewhere about the Hesse sapphire drop brooch being from Alice's daughters. It is easy to be wrong sometimes about provenance, but you are quite right about this.