Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is easy to be wrong sometimes about provenance, but you are quite right about this.
I update or amend my notes as more reliable information is provided. Thanks ladies :flowers:

camilla looked good but i am not a fan of that tiara she wore last night

I loved it! Thought she looked fabulous.

I love the Honeycomb tiara and Camilla's got the perfect hair to balance it out.

I agree, Camilla and her Honeycomb Tiara is a very good match. The Boucheron and The Delhi Durbar Tiara seem to be the only ones she use.

Last edited:
I really hate her hair, especially with a tiara. She hasn't changed the style since...well, ever. If you want a better example of hair that us stylish, up-to-date, and balances out a tiara, look to Queen Silvia.

I really hate her hair, especially with a tiara. She hasn't changed the style since...well, ever. If you want a better example of hair that us stylish, up-to-date, and balances out a tiara, look to Queen Silvia.

I'm afraid thats Camilla for you, like it or lump it. She has not changed her hairstyle much in 40 years, and I would be surprised if she ever does.

Well, I find it attractive and flattering for her; more so than Princess Anne's hairstyle!:D

Last edited:
I like her hair; perfect to tiara wearing. It has volume and shape that enhance tiara wearing IMO.

Camilla has improved her hair style from what it was back in the day. Many years ago her hair was very shabby and rough. Now her hair is lighter, fluffier and well put together. Her hair really suits the two main tiara's she use on a regular bases.

At Royal Ascot Day 2 the Duchess of Cornwall wore the Princess of Wales Feather Brooch with emerald drop.

Thumbnail image cropped from a larger photograph.

Attachments

• DOC POW Brooch Ascot 2013.jpg
    DOC POW Brooch Ascot 2013.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 882
Do love the emerald drop with the brooch. Has she added that before?

Camilla definitely picked the right day to wear The Prince of Wales feather brooch at Royal Ascot, the day of the POW Stakes. Surprisingly it looked terrific against her green coat.

At Royal Ascot Day 2 the Duchess of Cornwall wore the Princess of Wales Feather Brooch with emerald drop.

Thumbnail image cropped from a larger photograph.

I love the way an increadingly confident Camilla now wears this brooch every now and then. Given the intense debate that followed her first wearing of this brooch, and whether it was one previosuly used by Diana or not, it is wonderful Camilla has had the confidence to put the issue to bed by wearing it repeatedly.

Yes, they do not fall under the "Cheaters Allowance", sovereign to sovereign, where the present ruler gets to distribute the loot among those who might have to pay taxes. So, Camilla's engagement ring is just a loan, who would get engaged with a borrowed ring, forever? As her Honeycomb Tiara, etc. It is a tax dodge. The Gloucester's will have to pay the tax.

As far as I know, Camilla's engagement ring is not a loan, it is hers. It was possibly part of the jewellery that QEQM left to QE2 in a sovereign to sovereign transfer, which was exempt under current legislation.

However, QE2 could well have given the ring to Charles for Camilla at the time of the engagement - it does not have to be a loan. As long as the giver of the gifts lives for 7 years after the gift is made, no inheritance tax is payable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but technically the jewels remain The Queen's personal property as she inherited them from her mother. They are a loan at the moment, but once The Queen dies, all of her jewels become the property of Charles as the new Sovereign tax-free. Upon Camilla's death, they would return to the Crown.

Yes, they do not fall under the "Cheaters Allowance", sovereign to sovereign, where the present ruler gets to distribute the loot among those who might have to pay taxes. So, Camilla's engagement ring is just a loan, who would get engaged with a borrowed ring, forever? As her Honeycomb Tiara, etc. It is a tax dodge. The Gloucester's will have to pay the tax.

As far as I know, Camilla's engagement ring is not a loan, it is hers. It was possibly part of the jewellery that QEQM left to QE2 in a sovereign to sovereign transfer, which was exempt under current legislation.

However, QE2 could well have given the ring to Charles for Camilla at the time of the engagement - it does not have to be a loan. As long as the giver of the gifts lives for 7 years after the gift is made, no inheritance tax is payable.

Yes, but technically the jewels remain The Queen's personal property as she inherited them from her mother. They are a loan at the moment, but once The Queen dies, all of her jewels become the property of Charles as the new Sovereign tax-free. Upon Camilla's death, they would return to the Crown.

I disagree. The Queen could well have gifted the ring to Charles in or before Feb 2005, which he then gave Camilla when they were engaged.

Should the Queen survive 7 years after she gifted the ring to Charles (which she did, in this case), no inheritance tax would be due on the ring, either now or at the time of the Queen's eventual death.

Last edited:
I was referring to the Queen Mother's jewels that Camilla currently uses. Her engagement ring was an anniversary gift to The Queen Mother from George VI and was given to Charles by his mother.

I would like Camilla to only wear her family jewelry (Those received/inherited from her family or APB/'s.) to her own family functions.

To wear jewelry (gifts) received from Charles or his family at his families functions. (Ascot, Trooping the Colour, RF weddings, RF christenings, etc.)

To wear loaned jewelry from the Queen or RF at Royal functions (banquets, charities (except those she had prior to her marriage), royal engagements both foreign and local etc.

That will help us determine which jewels are her for keeps, who gave her wihich and which ones she only has on loan.

Why should she risk losing one of her personal jewelry while during her royal duties? Royal duties should equal royal jewelry.

I don't mean big pieces, but RF brooches/pins, necklaces, earrings.

:previous: What! And have us miss out on all the times she tantalizes us with her formidable collection of pearl chokers and single stings? Not to mention her signature pearl earrings which she invariably wears almost everywhere. :sad:

I don't know about you, but I would go into severe pearl withdrawals . . . ;)

My own view is that these are all various facets of Camilla as we see her today (Shand / Cubbitt descendant, former wife of APB, wife of the PoW, the Duchess of Cornwall, the next queen of the UK and the realms). Whilst the source of the various items of jewellery are probably recorded clearly, in her mind, I presume, it is all her pot of jewellery, and she wears what she considers what is most appropriate for the occassion, or simply, whatever tickles her fancy!

Here's to her continuing to have her fancy tickled often, every time we see her for example . . . and hope that she starts to recycle her chokers as she seems to have latched onto her latest and got stuck in the groove. More Camilla! We love all your pearls and you wear them so very well.

I'm the original Pearl Girl and go into spasms of delight when she wear her chokers, especially that scrumptious 5-strander with the huge pink topaz gem. I'll never tire of seeing them. I love when she wears her personal pieces, and because she does wear them so often she seems to find them comfortable as her go-to jewels. Just keep them coming, please.

I, too, go into spasms of delight when Camilla pulls out the multi-strand pearl necklaces!I adore the one with the huge diamond clasp, but love the pink one (especially when she wears the matching earrings with it--talk about breathless!). I sincerely wish, though, that she would wear another tiara. In "The Queen's Diamonds" it states that the Teck Crescent has been loaned to her for some time--it would certainly be nice to see that again after so many decades away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom