The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
although I know I've seen another photo of her wearing them
Well, well, well

Camilla Parker Bowles Photos - Charity Royal Film Performance 2009: The Lovely Bones - Inside Arrivals - Zimbio

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Camilla...re/F3A28epVLX8

Old 06-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Those pink topaz earrings are absolutely stunning!
Thanks for the pictures, Nico.

Old 06-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah, you're coming up trumps, Nico, thank you again! I knew I wasn't delusional! I just hope, with these gentle reminders, Camilla digs these earrings up again and wears them for her adoring jewelry aficionados.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Oh, thank you so much for providing pictures of the earrings and chocker together. These are such stunning pieces and I'm glad to see Camila wear them.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

A small appreciation of the Duchess's jewels ...........

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor

20th July

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is a single link instead of the whole website.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: A Few of Camilla's Sparkliest Things

Camilla sure has a breathtaking collection! I almost love every piece of jewllery here! My favorites are, the Delhi tiara, the ruby necklace and that stunning pink topaz choker! Of course, those emerald, sapphire, and diamond necklaces are stunning as well! (Minus the snake one)
Old 07-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Interesting to read that Camilla is in possession of the Teck Cresent Tiara - when (if) she wears this it will be her 4th tiara

Old 07-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla has to have the best jewellery collection of any crown princess in Europe, by some considerable distance. I have a particular soft-spot for this emerald necklace. It has a modern feel but still packs a real punch. Is it likely to be a Middle East gift?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Yes, it's one of the three parures she received from Prince Al-Waleed during their 2006 visit to Saudi Arabia (the others being ruby and sapphire).
Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Commoner

Sorry if I'm being particularly stupid, but I can't find any discussion of what Camilla wore for the Olympic opening ceremonies? Anybody?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

from Zimbio - an Olympic pic. http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...IUsg1x08ml.jpg

and here is a nice one of the couple chatting http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/pc/C...C7iL-jjZgl.jpg
Old 07-30-2012, 12:10 AM
Commoner

Thanks, AdmirerUS! She looks nice, as always, and very patriotic, but she might have made more of a jewelry effort, considering her mum-in-law wore that honking diamond brooch...
Old 07-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, she did wear one of her chokers with the diamond studded center clasp, so she did have a little bling going on...
Old 08-10-2012, 01:45 PM

The earrings as most of her jewellery were given and left to HRH Prince Charles By Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall's pearls and Kunzite.

The natural pearls have a 100+carat Kunzite as the centre stone. These belonged to the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother and were left for HRH the Prince of Wales to give to his wife to be.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

None of The Queen Mother's jewelry was left to Prince Charles. All of her personal property, including her jewels, were left to The Queen in a sovereign-to-sovereign transfer to avoid estate duties.

The Duchess has the use of The Queen Mother's personal jewels, most of which are from the Greville bequest. The royal pieces were returned to The Queen and she has since worn them (Queen Victoria's Oriental Tiara, Queen Alexandra's ruby parure, George III Fringe Tiara).
Old 08-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, the Royal ripoff. They don't have to pay taxes on this stuff, others do and then they underhandedly pass the jewelry to others. So, the DOC has these pieces and Charles pays nary a cent. Very cleaver.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS
Yes, the Royal ripoff. They don't have to pay taxes on this stuff, others do and then they underhandedly pass the jewelry to others. So, the DOC has these pieces and Charles pays nary a cent. Very cleaver.
Would you prefer to see a large collection of historical jewelry broken up and sold to the highest bidder?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, I would prefer to see the proper taxes paid. These families have inordinate amounts of money. Others in the family have had to make a choice. So, be it. The Greville bequest is hardly historic, just greed.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Heir Apparent

You don't think that because Mrs Greville left the collection to "The Queen", that the Queen (Mother) may have felt they belonged to "The Queen" and, not seen them specifically as personal property, left them to "The Queen"?

Since we (or at least those who call her "their" Queen) reap the benefit of these jewels, whether she wears them herself or loans them to her daughter in law, we get to see them, love them and feel pride at seeing them being worn on official occasions.

Come to think of it, all royal jewellery, except the crown jewels, are "personal" property and I do not see the point of losing large parts of the collection, those gifts from the present Queen's grandparents, parents, Commonwealth Countries or the ubiquitous middle eastern sourced "gifts", in fact the vast majority of the mythical "Vaults" not to put too finer point on it, to pay off a very, very, extremely large, inheritance tax!

Good grief . . . . . how many dozen brooches alone would we lose on the death of the Queen . . . . and the tiara's . . . . and we haven't even touched on the rest of the Crown Estate!

By the by, does anyone know if the Greville collection plus all the rest of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother's personal jewellery was the first and only such Sovereign to Sovereign transfer?

Are you outraged at this so-called greed as a fully tax paid up UK citizen, as a "dispassionate" bystander or because HM has lent the greater part of the Greville collection to the DOC?