The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Is it a different choker each time - or simply a different stone enhancer each time? I have noticed there is usually a three stand pearl set that the large stone surrounded by diamonds connects to. But does anyone know if these are enhancers or if the entire necklace is different each time?
They're probably different necklaces. The aquamarine has three strands of pearls and the unidentified pink stone has five. I can't recall if she has any others at the moment, so I can't tell you the details of those.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalMess View Post
They're probably different necklaces. The aquamarine has three strands of pearls and the unidentified pink stone has five. I can't recall if she has any others at the moment, so I can't tell you the details of those.
She also has another three-strand and five-strand chokers, as well as a four-strand one.
In total, Camilla has six magnificent chokers, as well as a couple of choker-like necklaces.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Heir Apparent

She also has a ruby choker with red beads interspersed among the pearls; not my favorite.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Although I've always thought the beads in that one to be rubies as well, it has been suggested they might actually be (shudder) mere glass.
Anyway, all the chokers and choker-like necklaces the Duchess owns (that I know of).
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Pics # 3 &4 are my favorites- I want them! Stunning!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice photo summary of all her chokers, Artemisia; thank you. The pink topaz remains my favorite with the aquamarine running second. After that, pic 1 rounds up my top three.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Pics # 3 &4 are my favorites- I want them! Stunning!
Join the queue!
Still can't decide which choker I like best - the aquamarine one or the topaz one.
The topaz is more elegant, but I love the combination of aquamarine and yellow gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Nice photo summary of all her chokers, Artemisia; thank you. The pink topaz remains my favorite with the aquamarine running second. After that, pic 1 rounds up my top three.
My top three as well. They just scream "I'm a royal - and a bloody important one!"
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
Join the queue!
Still can't decide which choker I like best - the aquamarine one or the topaz one.
The topaz is more elegant, but I love the combination of aquamarine and yellow gold.

Topaz is my # 1- the aquamarine is #2!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Majesty

I like numbers three, four and six. Stunning. Thank you for sharing, Artemisia .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Now I want her to wear those matching pink topaz earrings with the choker. Please make me happy, Camilla!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Thanks for posting them. Until today, I always thought she changed the clasp/brooch.

I like 4, 2, 1, 3, 6, 5
Old 06-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Now I want her to wear those matching pink topaz earrings with the choker. Please make me happy, Camilla!
That would knock my socks off too. The pieces are gorgeous separately, but together...wow. Hopefully we'll be treated to a picture of that sometime in the near future.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Although I've always thought the beads in that one to be rubies as well, it has been suggested they might actually be (shudder) mere glass.
Anyway, all the chokers and choker-like necklaces the Duchess owns (that I know of).
Artemisia - you amaze me. Not only do you have the answer, you have great photos of the choker sets so that we can see the differences in the pearls. Hats off to you.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Serene Highness

I like #6 hands down - I like small and delicate. If I was forced to choose a top three it would be #6 by a yard and then #4 and then #3. though I probably wouldn't wear the larger two - just look too heavy for my taste.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Is it a different choker each time - or simply a different stone enhancer each time? I have noticed there is usually a three stand pearl set that the large stone surrounded by diamonds connects to. But does anyone know if these are enhancers or if the entire necklace is different each time?
IMO, they are all different necklaces.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:45 AM
Aristocracy

I love them all....
Old 06-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

You are welcome, everyone.
I've become addicted to Camilla's (and of course, the Queen's) jewellery collection, so it's my pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
IMO, they are all different necklaces.
Definitely different.

In the 2 four-strand chokers (number 1 and 2), the pearls are different sizes (pearls in 1 are bigger, apart from the smaller pearls next to the clasp).
The 3 three-strand chokers (topaz, red glass and small amethyst - 3, 5, 6) all have different-sized pearls. Topaz and the red glass ones are similar in sizes, apart from the pearls right next to the clasp: the topaz one has all the same size, whereas the red glass one has much smaller ones.
The five-strand topaz choker (number 4) is all on its own.
Old 06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Courtier

the red glass looks like it could be garnet
Old 06-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books

I've been through so many pictures trying to find the one where she wore those matching earrings, but haven't been at all successful. Yet I know I saw it and websites have confirmed there are matching earrings as well. I think this pink choker is the grande dame of all the ones she owns, and I'm happy that Camilla was so thoughtful to give us another outing of it after the recent discussion here. Now if she'd only oblige us by wearing those matching earrings!
I've seen te matching earrings too and am still endeavouring to find the evidence!
Old 06-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Check Nico's post #258 for a picture of the earrings, although I know I've seen another photo of her wearing them.