The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Camilla wore a beautiful maple leaf brooch today, during visit to Toronto. I've never seen this particular brooch. Anyone?
It looks silver/white gold to me, but I don't get why there is a "2" in the middle.

Cropped from larger image and constitutes less than 20% of the original.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Aristocracy

Unfortunately I didn't really catch much of it but the Duchess of Cornwall gave a speech for The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada. The brooch seems to fit in very well with their badge

(Apologies for the wiki link )

Old 05-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Good research, TortillaChips, and thanks to Artemisia for posting the photo and original query.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
Unfortunately I didn't really catch much of it but the Duchess of Cornwall gave a speech for The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada. The brooch seems to fit in very well with their badge

(Apologies for the wiki link )
Thanks a lot for the information, TortillaChips!
It does appear to be the badge of The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada of which the Duchess of Cornwall has been Colonel-in-Chief since 2010. That explains "2" then.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

That's a lovely brooch. I wonder if it's come to Camilla via the regiment's previous royal Commander in Chief, Princess Alexandra? Or maybe it's been created specifically for Camilla?
Old 05-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Good research, TortillaChips, and thanks to Artemisia for posting the photo and original query.

Thank you I must have been paying more attention than I thought
Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It's definitely not a brooch, but the regiment badge - again, thanks TortillaChips for digging out information about it!
During a 1812 Commemorative Military Muster at the Fort York Armoury Camilla wore the badge not on her coat, but rather innovatively, on her hat.

Shame, I rather hoped we've finally stumbled upon a new piece of jewellery.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Majesty

That is a lovely maple leaf brooch. Very appropriate for the occasion.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
You are welcome! Yes, Camilla's engagement ring belonged to the Queen Mother. The platinum and diamond ring was not the Queen Mother’s wedding or engagement ring, but it was one of the favourites in her collection. It has been suggested (but never confirmed) that the ring might have been part of the Greville inheritance.
- The ring as worn by the Duchess of Cornwall (during the visit to Portugal in March of 2011)
- The ring as worn by the Queen Mother (during an evening event in 1980's)
Camilla's engagement ring was an anniversary gift from The King to The Queen Mother. It did not come from the Greville bequest.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:53 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cornwall today wore one of her dragonfly brooches (she has another pair too).
She has previously worn this brooch on a number of occasions, including the Sandringham Flower Show in 2010.

Cropped from much larger images and constitute less than 20% of the original
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	103131901.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	285618  
Old 06-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a pretty set, but I've always preferred the antique, more realistic ones.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Majesty

This is a very pretty set of dragonfly brooches. I love both sets. They look so delicate.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love both sets of dragonflys. These seem more modern, the others more antique. Lovely!
Old 06-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Love the dragonflies!
Old 06-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The Duchess of Cornwall today wore one of my favourite chokers - The Aquamarine Choker.
It used to be one of her favourites; she wore it all the time during the first couple of years of her marriage and it was once one of her signature pieces.

It's a three-strand pearl choker with a large aquamarine set in yellow gold. The choker is a family heirloom that the Duchess often wore pre and post-wedding.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

I love it! I think it's her most beautiful choker, even better than those with diamonds.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

That choker is stunning! Love the combination of the auqamarine with the gold.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I love seeing her colored stone chokers; she has another one that's in pink as well. The gold setting of that aquamarine is absolutely massive.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I love seeing her colored stone chokers; she has another one that's in pink as well. The gold setting of that aquamarine is absolutely massive.
You probably mean this choker - it's my favourite too.
It's a five pearl choker with a pink topaz surrounded with a 28-diamond crust in the middle. The topaz and diamonds piece was originally a brooch from Edwardian era and was purchased at Sotheby's auction in 2000 (probably, by Prince Charles who gave it to Camilla).
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that's exactly it, Artemisia, thank you; it's such a beautiful piece. I saw a photo of her wearing the matching pink topaz earrings, but never saw them again. It seems she rarely wears them, yet they made a gorgeous set.