The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this version of the pearl choker better without the ruby clasp and the additional beads. Very versatile and the pink stones enhance the pearls so much.

I have every faith in your ability to catalogue HM's massive jewel collection; you know you have to keep people like me current with every sparkler she sports!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Majesty

I'm really not too crazy about the pearl and ruby chocker. It looks rather bulky to me.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Aristocracy

And to make matters worse the red stones are only glass!! I will try and find the article detailing this piece and post.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Somehow I just can't see Camilla essentially re-stringing the pearls every time she want't to wear the "other" version! I think they are just worn alternately with the clasp;

To the front: Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

or

To the Back: Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 04-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that looks like the likely solution; doh! Just a matter of wearing the clasp in the back.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

I only like the ruby choker w/clasp to the back.
Thank you Artemisia for all your research and postings, I really do appreciate it.

Is Camilla's engagement ring from the Q Mother?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

You are welcome! Yes, Camilla's engagement ring belonged to the Queen Mother. The platinum and diamond ring was not the Queen Mother’s wedding or engagement ring, but it was one of the favourites in her collection. It has been suggested (but never confirmed) that the ring might have been part of the Greville inheritance.
- The ring as worn by the Duchess of Cornwall (during the visit to Portugal in March of 2011)
- The ring as worn by the Queen Mother (during an evening event in 1980's)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
And to make matters worse the red stones are only glass!! I will try and find the article detailing this piece and post.
If the stones are actually glass, then I hope Camilla never wears this choker again; she has an abundance of much nicer pieces to settle for this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Somehow I just can't see Camilla essentially re-stringing the pearls every time she want't to wear the "other" version! I think they are just worn alternately with the clasp to the front, or to the back
You know, such a simple solution never actually occured to me. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I love the ruby and diamond brooch she's wearing in the first picture!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
You know, such a simple solution never actually occured to me. Thanks!
Good old principle of Occam's Razor applies here - the simplest answer is often the correct one!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not a fan of the ruby clasp, but I too love the ruby and diamond brooch, such a pretty interwoven design to me.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyend View Post
I love the ruby and diamond brooch she's wearing in the first picture!
f I'm not mistaken, that's a Van Cleef & Arpel ruby and diamond brooch.
Unfortunately, Camilla has worn it only on handful of occasions and all post-wedding, so I'd presume it was a gift from the Prince of Wales.

Cropped from a larger image an constitutes less than 20% of the original.
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't even notice it; too busy ogling the choker! It's very pretty and looks like a simplified version of an atom, but a very valuable one at that:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...m_Atom.svg.png
Old 04-21-2012, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh I noticed it right away! A very contemporary design and your description fits it perfectly, Baroness. I like it! :)
Old 04-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Majesty

The picture, courtesy of iceflower in the 'Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events' thread.

The Duchess in Ireland on 27 April, wearing very pretty dragonfly brooches.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 04-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

I love the two little dragonfly brooches with the diamond wings, they're so cute.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Good eye, Daria!
I've never seen the brooch before; might it be a new one?
Camilla does have another dragonfly brooch which she has worn on several occasions including the Sandringham Flower Show in 2010, but this one is completely new to me.

Close ups of the two brooches for comparison.
Personally I prefer the older pair (it looks more elegant), but certainly wouldn't say no to this one either!

Cropped from much larger images and constitute less than 20% of the original
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Majesty

Artemisia, like you, I would prefer the older pair myself (I'm very partial to blue), but the new pair is lovely as well. This is the first time I've seen the older pair (the new one I saw first on the picture that I posted).

Old 04-28-2012, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I actually like the diamond dragonfly set better; they seem more antique and realistic in design and have less of a butterfly effect than the blue and white set. The upper one looks like it has a green body; I wonder if it's enamel. But I wouldn't say no to either set, either!
Old 04-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was about to say the same thing, Baroness. The new set look more life-like, well as life-like as diamond encrusted insects can look. Both sets are superb.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm wondering if this newer set has articulated wings to tremble with movement. Many of these larger pieces have this feature to give a life-like appearance.