Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 7: September 2011- December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting them. Until today, I always thought she changed the clasp/brooch.

I like 4, 2, 1, 3, 6, 5

Now I want her to wear those matching pink topaz earrings with the choker. Please make me happy, Camilla!:D

That would knock my socks off too. The pieces are gorgeous separately, but together...wow. Hopefully we'll be treated to a picture of that sometime in the near future.

:previous:
Although I've always thought the beads in that one to be rubies as well, it has been suggested they might actually be (shudder) mere glass.
Anyway, all the chokers and choker-like necklaces the Duchess owns (that I know of).
Artemisia - you amaze me. Not only do you have the answer, you have great photos of the choker sets so that we can see the differences in the pearls.:flowers: Hats off to you.

I like #6 hands down - I like small and delicate. If I was forced to choose a top three it would be #6 by a yard and then #4 and then #3. though I probably wouldn't wear the larger two - just look too heavy for my taste.

Is it a different choker each time - or simply a different stone enhancer each time? I have noticed there is usually a three stand pearl set that the large stone surrounded by diamonds connects to. But does anyone know if these are enhancers or if the entire necklace is different each time?

IMO, they are all different necklaces.

You are welcome, everyone. :)
I've become addicted to Camilla's (and of course, the Queen's) jewellery collection, so it's my pleasure.

IMO, they are all different necklaces.
Definitely different.

In the 2 four-strand chokers (number 1 and 2), the pearls are different sizes (pearls in 1 are bigger, apart from the smaller pearls next to the clasp).
The 3 three-strand chokers (topaz, red glass and small amethyst - 3, 5, 6) all have different-sized pearls. Topaz and the red glass ones are similar in sizes, apart from the pearls right next to the clasp: the topaz one has all the same size, whereas the red glass one has much smaller ones.
The five-strand topaz choker (number 4) is all on its own.

Last edited:
the red glass looks like it could be garnet

Baroness of Books said:
I've been through so many pictures trying to find the one where she wore those matching earrings, but haven't been at all successful. Yet I know I saw it and websites have confirmed there are matching earrings as well. I think this pink choker is the grande dame of all the ones she owns, and I'm happy that Camilla was so thoughtful to give us another outing of it after the recent discussion here.:whistling: Now if she'd only oblige us by wearing those matching earrings!

I've seen te matching earrings too and am still endeavouring to find the evidence!

:previous:Check Nico's post #258 for a picture of the earrings, although I know I've seen another photo of her wearing them.

Those pink topaz earrings are absolutely stunning!
Thanks for the pictures, Nico. :)

Ah, you're coming up trumps, Nico, thank you again!:flowers: I knew I wasn't delusional! I just hope, with these gentle reminders, Camilla digs these earrings up again and wears them for her adoring jewelry aficionados.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, thank you so much for providing pictures of the earrings and chocker together. These are such stunning pieces and I'm glad to see Camila wear them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to read that Camilla is in possession of the Teck Cresent Tiara - when (if) she wears this it will be her 4th tiara

Camilla has to have the best jewellery collection of any crown princess in Europe, by some considerable distance. I have a particular soft-spot for this emerald necklace. It has a modern feel but still packs a real punch. Is it likely to be a Middle East gift?

:previous:
Yes, it's one of the three parures she received from Prince Al-Waleed during their 2006 visit to Saudi Arabia (the others being ruby and sapphire).

Sorry if I'm being particularly stupid, but I can't find any discussion of what Camilla wore for the Olympic opening ceremonies? Anybody?

Thanks, AdmirerUS! She looks nice, as always, and very patriotic, but she might have made more of a jewelry effort, considering her mum-in-law wore that honking diamond brooch...

Well, she did wear one of her chokers with the diamond studded center clasp, so she did have a little bling going on...

The earrings as most of her jewellery were given and left to HRH Prince Charles By Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.

The Duchess of Cornwall's pearls and Kunzite.

The natural pearls have a 100+carat Kunzite as the centre stone. These belonged to the Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother and were left for HRH the Prince of Wales to give to his wife to be.

None of The Queen Mother's jewelry was left to Prince Charles. All of her personal property, including her jewels, were left to The Queen in a sovereign-to-sovereign transfer to avoid estate duties.

The Duchess has the use of The Queen Mother's personal jewels, most of which are from the Greville bequest. The royal pieces were returned to The Queen and she has since worn them (Queen Victoria's Oriental Tiara, Queen Alexandra's ruby parure, George III Fringe Tiara).

Yes, the Royal ripoff. They don't have to pay taxes on this stuff, others do and then they underhandedly pass the jewelry to others. So, the DOC has these pieces and Charles pays nary a cent. Very cleaver.

COUNTESS said:
Yes, the Royal ripoff. They don't have to pay taxes on this stuff, others do and then they underhandedly pass the jewelry to others. So, the DOC has these pieces and Charles pays nary a cent. Very cleaver.

Would you prefer to see a large collection of historical jewelry broken up and sold to the highest bidder?

No, I would prefer to see the proper taxes paid. These families have inordinate amounts of money. Others in the family have had to make a choice. So, be it. The Greville bequest is hardly historic, just greed.

:previous: You don't think that because Mrs Greville left the collection to "The Queen", that the Queen (Mother) may have felt they belonged to "The Queen" and, not seen them specifically as personal property, left them to "The Queen"?

Since we (or at least those who call her "their" Queen) reap the benefit of these jewels, whether she wears them herself or loans them to her daughter in law, we get to see them, love them and feel pride at seeing them being worn on official occasions.

Come to think of it, all royal jewellery, except the crown jewels, are "personal" property and I do not see the point of losing large parts of the collection, those gifts from the present Queen's grandparents, parents, Commonwealth Countries or the ubiquitous middle eastern sourced "gifts", in fact the vast majority of the mythical "Vaults" not to put too finer point on it, to pay off a very, very, extremely large, inheritance tax!

Good grief . . . . . how many dozen brooches alone would we lose on the death of the Queen . . . . and the tiara's . . . . and we haven't even touched on the rest of the Crown Estate!

By the by, does anyone know if the Greville collection plus all the rest of Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother's personal jewellery was the first and only such Sovereign to Sovereign transfer?

Are you outraged at this so-called greed as a fully tax paid up UK citizen, as a "dispassionate" bystander or because HM has lent the greater part of the Greville collection to the DOC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom