Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcbcode99

Royal Highness
City
Richmond Area
Country
United States
Charles bought Camilla a tiara of synthetic rubies and diamonds set in platinum that the King had bought for Alice Keppel. There are also some other pieces that Charles has given Camilla--and Camilla has worn the piece as a necklace. If you go to Magnolia's site, it is the fourth tiara down---
Cornwall

Charles bought Camilla a tiara of synthetic rubies and diamonds set in platinum that the King had bought for Alice Keppel. There are also some other pieces that Charles has given Camilla--and Camilla has worn the piece as a necklace. If you go to Magnolia's site, it is the fourth tiara down---
Cornwall

I guess the tiara worn by Camilla on her first marriage and the one that her daughter wore to her own wedding is passed down from mother to daughter in that family.
Does anyone know how long it's been in the family????
It is a very beautiful tiara i think. It looked great on Laura on her wedding day.
Maybe the Duchess of Cornwall should wear it more often or has it now been given to Laura???

Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: February 2008-

Welcome to the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread part 6

commencing January 2008

Part 5, covering November 2007 to January 2008 can be found here.

°°°

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla has a lovely collection of brooches, but most of them see to have coloured stones. I am not sure if I have seen any with just diamonds - wonder why? Has anybody seen her with any?

Thanks Andrew. They are lovely. I do recall Camilla has worn the twin diamond brooch on other occassions as well, including at her first Ascot as DoC. I have not seen the brooch on the 1st of the 3 pictures you have posted been worn pther than when she wore it to one of her first visits to the Middle East as DoC.

I am not sure the brooch on the 2nd of the 3 pictures you posted is diamonds

ANything that Camilla wears is ok with me. Her history of dignity can carry anything off, bless her!
You lot on this forum leave me gob-smacked with your knowledge. I am obsessed with royal jewels, and so have spent all my time reading and droolin, and therefore not posting! Thanks everyone for all your Wonderful photos and links, they have given me so much pleasure. (I am a computer idiot, and do not know how to post linx and pix, so thankyou all.)

Oh...you had me excited for a second thinking that some of the Rundell parure had finally resurfaced. :)

One, that Rundell Tiara is stunning--it really should resurface.

Two--the bracelet's look to be the same -- Andrew, I am in awe of your skills! I would never have noticed such a thing. That was a treat!

BTW, I love the photo of Camilla Andrew posted--in the cream jacket with the sage/mint skirt--she looks wonderful--and wearing the PoW brooch with emerald drop and the emerald drop earrings! Those three pieces just make me drool. I would love to see the Vladimir emerald drop tiara accompany these stones. What a beautiful sight they would be!

It is such a shame(or mystery) that the Queen Mum did not wear the Rundell tiara, especially as she has worn the necklace from the parure some 2 billion times!
The Queen should let her daughter and daughters-in-law into that vault and have them search through those boxes! Of course everything would be on loan!
I bet that Princess Marie Christine(Michael) would take full advantage of the occasion, she seems to enjoy her jewellery!

HM has some of the most beautiful emerald jewels. Camilla could wear that tiara with the existing emerald jewels she has now.

She looks spectacular! The only thing she needs is a sash.......maybe soon.
I love to see the collet necklaces--I am assuming this is the same one she wore for her 60th birthday party? It was the Queen Mum's.
I supposed this tiara is her signature piece--don't get me wrong, I do love it. It's very impressive and she wears it wonderfully but I would love to see something else. It's becoming redundant.

I agree jcb, she looks wonderful, but I wish that we could see something different. I'd love to see her wearing amethysts.

It is very interesting that Princess Diana was Princess of Wales for more than 10 years and except the Royal Family Order and a Dutch Order(personal gift of QBeatrix) she did not receive any orders...:ohmy:
The Queen seems to be veeeery precautious about giving out orders. I wonder how will it be during Charles'(or Williams) reign?

It is very interesting that Princess Diana was Princess of Wales for more than 10 years and except the Royal Family Order and a Dutch Order(personal gift of QBeatrix) she did not receive any orders...:ohmy:
The Queen seems to be veeeery precautious about giving out orders. I wonder how will it be during Charles'(or Williams) reign?

The Queen is picky about who she gives orders to, but she does hand them out eventually. All of her children now have the Order of the Garter, even if I don't necessary think they all deserve it. (I also wonder why she hasn't given it to the Duchess of Kent, who I think has done a great deal for Great Britain over the decades. Her de facto separation from her husband shouldn't diminish that contribution in any way.)

When it comes to orders from other countries, Diana tended to travel to non-royal countries that might not have these orders or that do not have events that require guests to wear them if they have received one. I've noticed that republican countries will only have full regalia at gala dinners when a royal head of state is making the state visit, and then usually only ones of the stature of Queen Elizabeth II. Official visits involving other royals tend to be more relaxed, or less formal, as are state visits between non-royal countries. Since Diana only made official visits, she might have had more orders than we ever saw her wearing.

Having said that, many other monarchs are equally picky about giving out their orders. The King of Spain rarely gives out his country's highest order: his own daughters do not have this order, nor do many other foreign royals. In fact, he doesn't usually give it to queen consorts or queen consorts, at least not right away.

I agree jcb, she looks wonderful, but I wish that we could see something different. I'd love to see her wearing amethysts.

I completely agree--she seems to like the stone -- I just love those large amethyst earrings she wears--and I think she could do the Kent demi-parue real justice.

As for Orders--I was expecting to see the RVO, too. It would be nice if she had one to wear. She has more than proven she's in this relationship for the long haul.

The trouble with all of us is that every time we see something new we just want more. More, heaps more, pile it on . . . . open up those vaults!!

It's an RAF badge of some sort and has a crown surmounting the wings.

It looks like something from the streeter Co catalog 1900-They did a lot of diamond animals and birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom