Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never noticed this before but it looks like she is wearing some sort of jeweled horseshoe around her wrist in the second row of photos. Anyone know anything about it?

Great Royal Weddings: Prince Charles of Great Britain Marries Camilla Parker Bowles - StyleList

This was on another thread, most was about fruit cake, but there was this part.

Brides sew a good luck charm, such as the silver horseshoe of royal British brides, to the hem of their wedding dresses. Old English wedding tradition also calls for the bride to carry a horseshoe, streaming with ribbons, for good luck.

Diana was said to have sewn one into her dress as well. There were some other interesting things. I guess the tradition of tying shoes to a car (or cans) for the couple, is from Tudors time when they threw shoes at a couple for good look.

Wow! That is a great look. I love the way she uses her jewelry to compliment the colour she is wearing. I have to admit this has made me curious to see photo's of all the variations of this particular demi-parure.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Wow, is right! Her jewelry looks beautiful...simple yet elegant.
Do I sense a bit of Botox to enhance her lips and lessen the wrinkles from smoking? hmmm...

:previous: I don't think she'd have her smile if she were chock full of Botox! ;)

:previous: Flash photography softens anyones wrinkles, smoke lines etc ;)

Not sure the pendant is from the same parure.

On second thoughts, the designs are very similar, and I think the pendant could well be from the Saudi sapphire necklace.

I am really struck by the absence of jewellery on Day2 of the visit to Portugal - no brooch/no necklace.

A duchess without jewels see pic 2
I know these are austere times but really, this is very disappointing when she has so many pieces to choose from - I wonder if someone forgot to pack them.

I am really struck by the absence of jewellery on Day2 of the visit to Portugal - no brooch/no necklace.

I know these are austere times but really, this is very disappointing when she has so many pieces to choose from - I wonder if someone forgot to pack them.

I think it has more to do with the setting than austere times. The common people know the royals have tons of jewels, so unless it is a new piece, no one would comment. She was at a medical lab, and a horse track, pretty casual settings, she may have looked a bit over done with jewels. Now if she went out to dinner that night without something like at least her pearls I'd be surprised.

I think it has more to do with the setting than austere times. The common people know the royals have tons of jewels, so unless it is a new piece, no one would comment. She was at a medical lab, and a horse track, pretty casual settings, she may have looked a bit over done with jewels. Now if she went out to dinner that night without something like at least her pearls I'd be surprised.

Also, the jacket hardly allowed for her to have much of a necklace. At best, she could have had a brooch on.

Wow those sapphires are a knock out! I'm curious where they came from.

Yet the bracelet could be said to be rather extravagant.

Bracelet

Lovely jewels and what a bracelet! I thought the Duchess was perfectly jeweled for a country in such rough economic times. I wonder if this pendant is a sign of the Saudi jewels being taken apart and redesigned? I'm hoping for tiaras in Spain and Morocco!

Here is probably the very best photo of her engagement ring I have ever seen. What a rock! Courtesy of emeraldeyes on RJWMB. And forgot to mention, how sensation does the portugese Duchess look. The hair, the earrings, the red shawl, I need to pay more attention to her.

Last edited:
Def not a fan of this no tiara trend coming from Camilla but wow!, finally a clear photo of that necklace.

The earrings and necklace are beautiful. At first I thought this was "The King Faisal" necklace owned by the Queen but on closer look I don't think so.:cool:

The earrings and necklace are beautiful. At first I thought this was "The King Faisal" necklace owned by the Queen but on closer look I don't think so.:cool:

This is not the King Faisal necklace, I do not believe this necklace has been seen previously in public. This necklace should not be confused with the diamond necklace that had its debut appearance in the US in autumn 2005, and has been used extensively since by Camilla.

Getty Images - Navegador no compatible detectado

http://noticias.terra.es/2011/mundo/0330/fotos-media/espana-runido-los-principes-de-asturias-ofrecen-una-cena-al-principe-carlos-de-inglaterra-y-a-la-duquesa-de-cornualles-16$599x0.jpg

If you look at the next few photo's you would have seen that she is wearing her signature pearl drop earrings. :flowers:

Today the Duchess wore a striking lily-of-the-valley pin. Has she worn it before, and was it possibly one of the Queen Mother's?

Majesty magazine said the Lily of the Valley brooch was a gift to the Queen Mother from Russian Premier Nikita Krushev during the 1950's. Which means during the cold war with the west. As far as we know the Queen Mum never wore it, possibly because she didn't like the giver - him being a communist. Which makes one wonder how many other jewels did she receive and never wore because she did not like the giver of the gift. Luckily for us it is being worn now and is a very nice piece. Sorry I do not know how to post a pic.

Is this the diamond necklace Sophie wore at the Swedish royal wedding?

Is this the diamond necklace Sophie wore at the Swedish royal wedding?

No, I do not think this neckalce has been worn before in public.

Today the Duchess wore a striking lily-of-the-valley pin. Has she worn it before, and was it possibly one of the Queen Mother's?

The Duchess has worn the brooch on a number of occassions previously.

Def not a fan of this no tiara trend coming from Camilla but wow!, finally a clear photo of that necklace.

The "no tiara trend from Camilla" has pretty much been the way it has been since Camilla married Charles. My sense is that she usually only wears tiaras at state events - these are typically State dinners in the UK. When abroad, they tend not to be state dinners, as Charles is not head of state. I know Diana and Sarah used tiaras when they travelled aborad in the 1980s, but I think this may just be a recognition of changed times.

The "no tiara trend from Camilla" has pretty much been the way it has been since Camilla married Charles. My sense is that she usually only wears tiaras at state events - these are typically State dinners in the UK. When abroad, they tend not to be state dinners, as Charles is not head of state. I know Diana and Sarah used tiaras when they travelled aborad in the 1980s, but I think this may just be a recognition of changed times.
It's the same with hats she very often wears no hat for engagements in the Uk and also at offiviual Visits abroad like last wek.
As for the no tiara i think she very well could wear her Family tiara as it's not as big as the honeycomb.

It's the same with hats she very often wears no hat for engagements in the Uk and also at offiviual Visits abroad like last wek.
As for the no tiara i think she very well could wear her Family tiara as it's not as big as the honeycomb.

In fairness, I can't really disagree with the line she has taken with hats and tiaras. The fact is that women in the UK hardly wear hats any more (and certainly, do not really wear tiaras at all, other than as brides); hats are typically only worn for weddings, and in some cases, funerals and chritenings. If Camilla were to appear in a hat all the time, she really would look at odds with the people.

In fairness, I can't really disagree with the line she has taken with hats and tiaras. The fact is that women in the UK hardly wear hats any more (and certainly, do not really wear tiaras at all, other than as brides); hats are typically only worn for weddings, and in some cases, funerals and chritenings. If Camilla were to appear in a hat all the time, she really would look at odds with the people.
But it would help to hold her hair more in place. If it's windy Camilla's hair often doesn't look good anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom