Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I love it, Pjohnny!! "Just a diamond necklace with some sapphires Plopped on".. Too funny. Sounds good to me. lol

Thank you for the reply and for all the info you provided, Prince Johnny! I don't remember seeing the DOC with the emerald earrings and the bracelet. Must be lovely to watch - I hope soon! ;)

Well done, Andrew!! :clap: This emerald demi-parure has started to grow on me too!! The bracelet and earrings are equally beautiful.:flowers:

I love them!
Wow, Prince Charles is getting pretty bald. :ROFLMAO:

The Duchess should find ways to wear these beautiful gems more often! Perhaps have a new gown to wear them with??

The Duchess should find ways to wear these beautiful gems more often! Perhaps have a new gown to wear them with??

As previously mentioned, the emeralds have already been used at least 3 times in the last 24 months. For a jewellery collection the size of Camilla's, that is pretty good going.

DELIGHTFUL! I'm also quite pleased to see matching earrings and a bracelet. I do like the necklace at the length it is--but a brooch would be a lovely addition, wouldn't it? As usual, Camilla looks wonderful (and yes, Charles is looking a little sparse :(

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my first time seeing the Emerald parure- and I'm wild over it! Modern, but not in a Wonder Woman, star trek way! (thinking q sonja?!)

The emeralds are divine! They really "pop" against the white jacket she's wearing.

Those are the most delicious emeralds. I soooo love them!!!!

They are indeed lovely. Also the photo of the Queen wearing the Vladimir tiara with the pearls made me wonder when did she last wear them with the emeralds? It seems that she always uses the pearls these days. Anyone know?

They are indeed lovely. Also the photo of the Queen wearing the Vladimir tiara with the pearls made me wonder when did she last wear them with the emeralds? It seems that she always uses the pearls these days. Anyone know?

I found the emerald drops in the tiara being worn NOVEMBER 08 1999 - The Queen Arriving For The State Banquet In Accra, Ghana.
Anyone know of a more recent wearing?

Just found one myself - with Nelson Mandela at Buckingham Palace on May 3, 2000 in Windsor
(pics on Getty)

Last edited:
New brooch! Well, for me at least. Nothing too spectacular though. I am glad Camilla is proving to be somewhat of a brooch lover. We won't have to worry about HM's brooch collection gathering dust in the vaults for at least another generation.

I can't say that I am too impressed with this brooch. It looks like a chink of armor with some nondescript stones. I must say that I like the way she has worn a matching scarf with her jacket, however. It completes the outfit, (as much of it as can be seen). :)

Great, I wonder if these stones are blue sapphires. And how do you think the DOC could have acquired this brooch?! The Qatari's have been travelling to London quite often lately... Just saying.;)

Interesting. I have never seen this particular outfit. Thank you for the link, Andrew!

I loved the colour and contrast of the outfit and jewelry which the Duchess of Cornwall wore when shes visited the Children's Reading Bus at King's College, University of Aberdeen on January 20, 2011.

The picture gives not only a wonderful shot of the aformentioned brooch but also her trademark triple string of pearls nestled in the tartan scarf and a fabulous shot of her favourite pearl earings.
Pic 1

November 2007?
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/andrewcs/caidos2a.jpg

Febrary 2008
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

The earrings may if fact just be her all out favourite as she wears the so often. (See also ** above)

'The Garden Party
to Make a Difference' at Clarence House on September 10, 2010
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 zimbio/gettyimages gallery

September 2008 Battle of Britain Flypast
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh, Scotland, Wednesday June 4, 2008
News Summary ROYALBLOG.NL: Duke & Duchess of Rothesay entertain

Last edited:
She has already worn it in 2005 or 2006. And it was once again in Scotland, so maybe it has a Scottish link.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/andrewcs/75972968.jpg

It's a very traditional Scottish design - one frequently used to anchor a swatch or scarf of tartan fabric.(This style is in every Scottish tourist shop) The stones are most often semi-precious local quartz or similar. It would be very rare and exceptional to have precious stones in a brooch such as this one.

Thanks for clarifying! ;) I thought the brooch was brand new, so I was wrong. MARG, thank you for the extra photos! The DOC has a nice collection of pearl jewellery! :flowers:

Hey GillW, do you know what the technical name for these kind of brooches are? I've seen the general kinds but I've also seen some gorgeous one. I remember once seeing a Scotsmen wearing a huge amethyst one on his tartan. If living in Scotland meant I cld wear a brooch everyday, I'd pack my bags in a heartbeat

The Duchess wore the diamond serpent necklace(one of my favs!) and some pretty amethyst earrings. I can't remember if I've seen these earrings before, I know that she does have some amethyst jewelry but I remember them being smaller.

Hey GillW, do you know what the technical name for these kind of brooches are? I've seen the general kinds but I've also seen some gorgeous one. I remember once seeing a Scotsmen wearing a huge amethyst one on his tartan. If living in Scotland meant I cld wear a brooch everyday, I'd pack my bags in a heartbeat

I'm not aware of a definite name, but they are generally "Celtic" brooches because of the decoration. Not heard of anything more specific.

The Duchess wore these brooches out today, its the most upclose photo of them I've seen to date. I like them very much, but then I'm quite keen on these kind of brooches.

It's for luck, although I admit I've never seen it before.

I've never noticed this before but it looks like she is wearing some sort of jeweled horseshoe around her wrist in the second row of photos. Anyone know anything about it?

Great Royal Weddings: Prince Charles of Great Britain Marries Camilla Parker Bowles - StyleList

Someone must have given this to her when they did the walkabout after the wedding. It's only made of silver plastic, usually has a ribbon on and can be found with other wedding paraphernalia (including silver plastic bells and shoes) at high street stationers like Clintons Cards or Birthday Cards. The horseshoe is a sign of good luck (when the prongs are facing upwards in order to "hold the luck" and many homes have a real horseshoe over the fireplace or front door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom