Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love her turquoise and diamond necklace!!!

Thanks for the clarification, people do say pin here, even though I have always said brooch.

I think everyone agrees Camilla has some outstanding pieces of jewelry. My questions is: The jewelry given to Camilla has a "gift" do they belong to her and may she do whatever she wishes with this jewelry.
Can she give them away, say to her daughter or son or her sister--or who ever????
Including leaving them to whomever she pleasees in her will ???

It really depends on which pieces you are referring to. Pieces she inherited (eg the earrings she wore at her weddding, the Shand tiara etc), or those she or Charles privately acquired are hers to do as she pleases with. There are pieces that are part of the Royal Collection, eg the Delhi Durbar tiara, which do not belong to her personally, and she has access to with the permission of HM. There are other pieces belonging to the Windsor family, some of which QEQM left to HM, which again Camilla has access to, but does not own outright. I hope that is useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the same, Krisotter. While I don't care for the fabric of the dress, the necklace is exquisite! It appears to be aquamarines and diamonds to me. I am hoping that someone will know more about it.

The dress looks like a nightgown from Wal-Mart. The necklace looks very pretty.

You have a good point there, Countess! It isn't the most elegant gown I have seen...

Judy, she, always, looks lovely in velvet, but her other gowns are atrocious.

The color of the gown compliments the necklace. Aquamarines???

That is what I am thinking, Duchessm. It appears to my untrained eye to be aquamarines and diamonds.

I'm pretty sure it's aquamarines and diamonds. It's a beautiful necklace and Camilla wears it well.:flowers:

It appears to be aquamarines and diamonds to me. I am hoping that someone will know more about it.

Thats right, it is aquamarines and diamonds indeed. The necklace made its first appearance about 2 years ago at The Royal Albert Hall at an event that the Duchess of Cornwall attended. You should be able to find better pictures of the necklace further up the thread.

Love this necklace of aqua's. Not crazy about the Duchess in frilly things, they just never look right. Her jewels are gorgeous.

Thank you, James! I must say that it looks better with the gown you showed as the gown is so much richer and elegant than the one she wore in India.

That's a very nice picture of the Duchess Camilla. Thanks for sharing. Nice jewelry and gown color. I love it when she smiles. Have to compliment her hair too. Very nice.

For the Qatari State Visit the DOC wore the Queen Mother's favourite tiara.
In this pic the Princess Royal is wearing the Meander tiara and HM the Vladimir with pearls.

DOC Boucheron Tiara, Qatari State Visit Oct 2010

= pic courtesy of Tamara at RJOTWMB =

Thanks for the link, Jonc93! :flowers: It's not the most beautiful or finest tiara I've seen, but still, the DOC can pull it off quite well.

SV from Qatar- brooches
pic

It certainly took Camilla a while to get the emeralds out after she first received them, but she certainly seems to have warmed to them since.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a very beautiful necklace. Did Camilla receive a whole emerald parure from the Saudis or just the necklace? :flowers:

She got a demi-parure: earrings, necklace, and bracelet. I love the Emerald and Sapphire demi-parure's she received and I'm glad she is warming to them. They just need to redo the Ruby one..

She got a demi-parure: earrings, necklace, and bracelet. I love the Emerald and Sapphire demi-parure's she received and I'm glad she is warming to them. They just need to redo the Ruby one..

I suspect the ruby parure will not be redone until Charles becomes King.

The emeralds were not my favorite at first, but I am gradually warming to the them as well! They look to be very nice stones.

The stones are gorgeous 99! The colour is so deep and delicious. My only request is to shorten the necklace by a few stones so it sits closer to the neck. They can use the spare stones to create a brooch, ring, and/or hair ornament. I'm actually not sure about the Sapphire set though, perhaps I just need to see a better photo. They seem boring and poorly designed in my opinion. Just a diamond necklace with some sapphire pendants plopped on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom