Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen the two brooches before. I think the jewelry is new. She sure likes modern styled animal brooches.

I want to say that I've seen them before. I think.

They look like two Dragonflies to me. Not very impressive...

They look like two Dragonflies to me. Not very impressive...

The problem is that we do not have close up shots of the brooches, so it is difficult to see the detail and tell if they are made in silver (or similar) or in small diamonds.

I think this pair of brooches are new.

They might be new, but they are definitely not in the brooch category. And certainly not elegant nor regal... Camilla needs to wear more impressive brooches. Just my humble opinion.

Are these the brooches that Camilla's father gave her? I don't know? Gill would know.:flowers:

I think this pair of brooches are new.

Today at the Sandringham Flower Show, the Duchess has worn this pair of brooches again.
It is clear to see that one is white, the other blue.

^ They don't look that bad here, rather cute actually. Now I'm quite intrigued by the gold bracelet. Is it Camilla's? Does anyone know?

Bracelet is pretty. Up close, I have to admit the brooches are kind of cute and summery.

I like the dragonfly brooches, perfect for day wear at those activities.

I like the dragonfly brooches and the pearls, they're lovely.

What ever I think of Camilla and I can't have Warren sighing all over the show she has the most beautiful jewels and they ever look good on her except I think she struggles carrying off Queen Mary's tiara. Thought the jewels at the recent garden party were especially well suited.

^ They don't look that bad here, rather cute actually. Now I'm quite intrigued by the gold bracelet. Is it Camilla's? Does anyone know?

The bracelet goes back to her early Parker Bowles days.

Goodness, the dragonflies are hardly "brooches".... More like dragonfly pins! They are quite pretty, however.

I do not think that her bracelet is the one that she used to wear...

What ever I think of Camilla and I can't have Warren sighing all over the show she has the most beautiful jewels and they ever look good on her except I think she struggles carrying off Queen Mary's tiara. Thought the jewels at the recent garden party were especially well suited.

Which of Queen Mary's tiara's are you referring to?

Perhaps they refer to the late Queen Elizabeth's Boucheron?

She only wore the Delhi Durbar once as we know, and the Cubbit family tiara also once.

It would be nice to see her in another tiara, but that's unlikely until Charles succeeds his mother.

Agree with you! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does she own the Cubbit tiara or someone else in her family?

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness, the dragonflies are hardly "brooches".... More like dragonfly pins! They are quite pretty, however

"Pin" is more an American term. Here in Australia and, indeed, in Britain such a piece of jewellery would always be referred to as a brooch.

Camilla has the tiara as far as I know, Laura wore it to her wedding.
We don't know for sure who has the tiara, it may be a Shand family piece, eg owned by her brother, Mark.
Something we can be certain of, the tiara is not lacking in diamonds and would glitter quite satisfactorily:

-> Cubitt or Shand Tiara

It is a stunning tiara, I have never seen it on Camilla though. Has anyone got a picture?

:previous:
Three posts above yours.

- - - - -

While we're talking tiaras, an oldie but goodie, taken en route to the Diplomatic Reception at BP, November 2007:

-> DOC with Shand Tiara

The DOC wearing her diamond & turquoise necklace, the POW wearing what looks to be his diamond Garter Star.

Last edited:
Oh, hadn't seen those ones, and I can't remember that event or that wonderful dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom