Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have prefered she wore the entire demi-parure but I think it works fine with tiara, perhaps it would have worked better with the Delhi Dubar. O I must invest in photoshop one of these days.

:previous: Hahaha.. good idea -- .photoshopped and we would get just the look that we like, with the combination of jewels that we love for Camilla. I mentioned on another thread that I wish she would sometimes wear her hair in an updo with her tiara for a change for evening events. But I suppose that this is the style with which she is most comfortable.

I just dont think it likely that Camilla is going to be materially changing her hairstyle at this stage of her life. I personally don't think the hair looked great that night, and I do think she was looking quite tired - perhaps she was unwell !?!?

As regards the jewellery, in an ideal world I would have liked to see her with an emerald and diamond tiara with that necklace. But as she only has the Bourcheron, I suspect she wore the diamond earrings to tie in with the tiara. Its something the Queen does occassionally, and I do agree that it does not always work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hair, tiara, emeralds

Regarding the hairdo, it's teased and whipped and sprayed into volume and width to balance the wide Boucheron tiara... and I don't like it one bit. It's rather like 1977 Farrah Fawcett hair minus a few inches, quite wrong for Camilla and disctracting from the jewelry instead of complimenting it. It's just not a tiara hairdo to begin with.

A minor point: The rather romantic diamond earrings and the stark design of the emerald necklace are not a good match.

I'm a very very old lady, and perhaps too fond of my memories of the 70s, but I must disagree, my dears. I think the hair works for her. She has the presence to carry it off, and it frames her face well. Her stylist did a good job creating a 'do to accommodate the tiara. However, I do agree with you about the mixture of diamonds and emeralds. I think the emeralds would be stunning with a simple scoop or especially a square neckline. As the young people say, I'm not feeling the combination of the tiara, earrings, and necklace. I'm glad I got to see them, though. Now for a cup of cocoa. . .

Her stylist did a good job creating a 'do to accommodate the tiara

For me, her hairstyle does not accommodate the tiara, it totally encompasses it. Unfortunately her hair does not flatter the size of this tiara as it is sizeable itself and as a result, conflicts greatly.

I like it! Push the sides back a little to show of the earrings, and we will al be happier.

Which pair of earrings is the Duchess wearing? I think I've seen them before and they are beautiful and look gorgeous on her.

I find the earrings quite beautiful in their romantic style - especially on a woman at least half the Duchess' age...
Indeed they do not match anything here.

I've notfound a pair of diamond earrings more garish, I must say.

But I don't believe her hair helps convince me otherwise, either.

Im undecided on those earrings, my biased nature likes them on Camilla but I cant really imagin others wearing them and looking good. Does anyone have a clear photo of them?

This sounds crazy, but as beautiful as the emerald necklace is, it seems to me not to be "fancy enough for this tiara" I don't know if that makes sense. All the jewels I think are stunning though. The necklace needs to be more ornate IMO.

This sounds crazy, but as beautiful as the emerald necklace is, it seems to me not to be "fancy enough for this tiara" I don't know if that makes sense. All the jewels I think are stunning though. The necklace needs to be more ornate IMO.

Both the earrings and the neclace are too fancy for my taste. A simple string of diamonds and a pair of solitaires in her ears and the impression would have been perfect. The Boucheron Tiara does not need overdoing.

Now she looks like a walk around Jewellery Shop.

The emerald necklace definitely sits in a rather strange way around the neck - something about it is off-key as if it was altered, or was worn in a wrong way. As it is, it produces an unfortunate 'clothes-pegs on a washing line' effect.

Regarding the hairdo, it's teased and whipped and sprayed into volume and width to balance the wide Boucheron tiara... and I don't like it one bit.
It's rather like 1977 Farrah Fawcett hair minus a few inches, quite wrong for Camilla and disctracting from the jewelry instead of complimenting it. It's just not a tiara hairdo to begin with.

A minor point: The rather romantic diamond earrings and the stark design of the emerald necklace are not a good match.
The more I look at Camilla, the more I don't like the entire jewel combination. The emerald necklace is entirely out of place with the tiara and earrings. The necklace is too "chunky" to wear with the design of the tiara. As for Camilla's hairdo, it is distracting, but I've read that Charles likes her hair as such so we won't probably be seeing any new hairstyle on the Duchess in the future.;)

The diamond earrrings that Camilla wore at the reception for the SA president have been regularly used. The first premiered in the US in late 2005, her first trip abroad as DoC. She has used them often, including with the Greville 5 string, the collet collier necklace, and other diamond necklaces.

The origins of the emerald necklace have commonly been ascribed to the Saudi's, as it was announced that she had recd emerald, ruby and sapphire demi-parures from them and the emerald one had not been seen till last summer. However, just wondered if they, in fact, were a present from the royal family in Brunei? The visit to Brunei was in autumn 2008, and these emeralds only had their first public outing in summer 2009. I know that some posters have suggested the acquamarine necklace may have been from Brunei, but I am more inclined to believe the emeralds are from Brunei. Would love to hear what the other posters on TRF thought.

Both the earrings and the neclace are too fancy for my taste. A simple string of diamonds and a pair of solitaires in her ears and the impression would have been perfect. The Boucheron Tiara does not need overdoing.

In this instance, I agree. Given the dominance of the tiara, a 'simple' diamond collier and perhaps the Queen Mothers diamond drop earrings would have been perfect.

In this instance, I agree. Given the dominance of the tiara, a 'simple' diamond collier and perhaps the Queen Mothers diamond drop earrings would have been perfect.

As you have suggested, Camilla has used the tiara with the collet necklace when the French visited in Mar 2008.

As you have suggested, Camilla has used the tiara with the collet necklace when the French visited in Mar 2008.

She did indeed. Probably her best banquet appearance to date.

She did indeed. Probably her best banquet appearance to date.

Can't agree more :

I made a very personnal poll about the DOC 's state appearances ,only during state banquets, i can't find any decent pictures of HRH during annual diplomatic recepetions (such a shame because she use to wear her family tiara). So:

1: French state banquet in 2008
As Madame royale said her best choice so far : simple and elegant.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/80...ED1B31FA067B878639F7C23BBDD6994ED04EB11550465

2: Norwegian visit in 2005
The memorable Dehli Durbar statement, nice touch with the antique serpent necklace and earrings.

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/74...8777C4B92AFE8D190E5D9C753F49F2EF0CA78FCC0DF24

3: Indian state visit 2009
The picture is not clear but she seems to wear her matching diamond necklace and earrings: nice combination imho.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/92...EB06B6B9B9A06B49FCD3A54D441B6062BB5F0DFB6B246

4: Brazilian state visit 2006
Same combination from above... without RFO. First outing of the Honeycomb.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/57...59CAE1F407EF11329BD50F7F940FBE30A760B0D811297

4. Saudi arabian state visit in 2007.
Well known dress here. First outing of the RFO and the nicest set from saudi Arabia: the saphire parure.

Camilla becomes the royal dazzler at controversial banquet | Mail Online

5: South african state visit in 2010:
Quite similar from above but i'm not a big fan of the emerald necklace, it matchs the dress though. The choice of the earrings is not particulary wise.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xr/97...485AB57572F9518E790DC60CB1F774E9C89C783688B46

6. Uganda Commonwealth banquet 2007
Well only one sentence : too much. Nice try to use the Greeville necklace though.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/78...6337770D169290481A6339A50AC0E5650CECDBCBF896D

All but one of those links came up "Forbidden". :bang:

All but one of those links came up "Forbidden".

It's the "Getty effect" ;)

Just try to refresh the page ...

Nothing from Cache comes up for me. I don't know about the "Getty effect"...

The links all work for me if i press refresh, and Camilla looks stunning in all 6 pictures. :flowers:

Stunning! Where did they come from, does anyone know?

Stunning! Where did they come from, does anyone know?

The provenance of the DoC's acquamarine necklace is unknown. They appear to be quite old, so it may be that she acquired them through a UK based jewellers.

I think Charles has been buying jewels for Camilla for some time and she seems to enjoy the older styles (like me)! I'm sure she has quite a collection of her own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom