Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2e0i8f7.jpg

See link above. Camilla had a new 4 string pearl / choker necklace on when she visited a nursing home yesterday

Duchess of Cornwall Pictures - Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits Melcombe Primary School - Zimbio
Courtesy: Zimbio

A close-up picture of the new pearl and diamond choker that Camilla wore earlier this month, and then again today at a school in Hammersmith, in West London. Not a great picture of Camilla, but certainly the best close-up of the necklace we have seen so far.

I like the necklace as well as the way she wore it - the paved diamond part is exceptional!

She wore it just recently but I dont remember seeing it before. Perhaps the diamond pendant is an older jewel from the BRF? The duchess wore here aquamarines tonight for the Alice and Wonderland premier.

The aquamarine necklace is beautiful - exactly the right size... Now if only she had a tiara to go with it....

The aquamarine necklace is beautiful - exactly the right size... Now if only she had a tiara to go with it....

An acquamarine tiara would be lovely for Camilla, though she may have to wait till she gets the top job - there is a rather big acquamarine tiara waiting for her to rework!

I like her aquamarine necklace too. It flatters her a lot! Now looking forward to that new tiara - it definitely intrigued me!

Surely she doesn't nee to wait?! If Charles can afford to keep buying her all these fabulous necklaces (or someone is giving them to her...) surely a tiara could somehow get slipped in?! She could rework one of the necklace perhaps...? And besides, some of the necklaces (ruby breastplate, sapphires) would suit being fitted to a base as a tiara.

Surely she doesn't nee to wait?! If Charles can afford to keep buying her all these fabulous necklaces (or someone is giving them to her...) surely a tiara could somehow get slipped in?! She could rework one of the necklace perhaps...? And besides, some of the necklaces (ruby breastplate, sapphires) would suit being fitted to a base as a tiara.

IMO, its not about Charles not being able to afford to get her a new tiara. My sense is that this is a PR issue. The BRF do not want to appear to be splurging on yet more ostentatios things like tairas. In her reign to date, HM herself has only got 3 tiaras made. The necklaces / demi-parures that Camilla has acquired are quite low profile - the higher profile ones (the ruby breastplate, the emeralds etc) are all gifts.

Yeah - I see your point, but all the same, do these things really get picked up in the media? I don't think it's that newsworthy outside of Royal watchers really...

Yeah - I see your point, but all the same, do these things really get picked up in the media? I don't think it's that newsworthy outside of Royal watchers really...

I think if Camilla got a new toara, it would be splashed across the Daily Mail and the tabloids, and quite a lot of the broadsheets as well. The story would essentially talk about the rtoyals spending money on yet more jewels in a time of national hardship........... need I add more?

Well maybe... but then the story would die down quickly, and she's get a new tiara, and we'd get somethig to admire. A small price to pay surely ;-))

As much as I would love it, I dont think the Duchess will be getting a brand new tiara, unless someone gifts it to her. But I dont think Camilla is much of a tiara person to be honest. If anything, she may get another tiara from the royal collection.

South African President's State Visit

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/97...1B47B707AEE09C73485AB57572F95C1E9FAA69EAC4D25

The Duchess has worn the Honeycomb tiara and I think it looks lovely in her hair tonight and to my delight she wore her emerald necklace and a emerald green gown! =D

I too am pleased the DoC has worn her emeralds again, there just so yummy! I would love to see the Delhi Durbar given another twirl but a big part of me thinks we wont see it again. It was just a one time showstopper type thing. Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Madame! I too am pleased the DoC has worn her emeralds again, there just so yummy! I would love to see the Delhi Durbar given another twirl but a big part of me thinks we wont see it again. It was just a one time showstopper type thing. Sigh.

No probs, PJ.

I've always thought that the Delhi Durbar was used by Camilla because at that point in time, the Queen Mothers jewels (the ones now used by the Duchess), had not yet been allocated to Charles for his wifes use. As it hasn't been seen again, I've long thought that the Durbar was a "stand in", which would be quite the shame because it would be great to see it again.

A better photo of the DoC's deliciously gorgeous emeralds, hopefully better photos will come through tomorrow. Bit upset there is no brooch but I like the RFO.

Is that the emerald necklace the Duchess received from Saudi Arabia?

Im pretty certain it is one of the demi-parures the DoC received from the Saudi's.

Is that the emerald necklace the Duchess received from Saudi Arabia?

That is certainly the widely held view, with no evidence to the contrary.

The tiara suits her. But I'm not sure about the emeralds. Square cut?

The honeycomb looks stunning on Camilla as do the emeralds.
Yes they are square cut. :)

The emeralds are lovely, though I am not sure I like the necklace overall. Perhaps this is why Camilla has taken her time to wear them - they have only been seen once before (last summer), even though she has had them for 3 years.

I have definitly gotten used to the tiara, though I think it looks better from the side than the front. But I love the necklace, it looks very modern but I remember seeing a photo of a Indian Maharaja wearing a necklace nearly exactly the same. but perhaps she should have worn it a notch tighter and closer to the neck.

The Queen Mum and the DoC have very different shaped heads, I love the way the tiara sits on the Queen Mum with her short hair.

The emerald necklace definitely sits in a rather strange way around the neck - something about it is off-key as if it was altered, or was worn in a wrong way. As it is, it produces an unfortunate 'clothes-pegs on a washing line' effect.

Regarding the hairdo, it's teased and whipped and sprayed into volume and width to balance the wide Boucheron tiara... and I don't like it one bit.
It's rather like 1977 Farrah Fawcett hair minus a few inches, quite wrong for Camilla and disctracting from the jewelry instead of complimenting it. It's just not a tiara hairdo to begin with.

A minor point: The rather romantic diamond earrings and the stark design of the emerald necklace are not a good match.

It may be a minor point, but that was my first thought as well, re the earrings and necklace being a poor match. As a matter of fact, I don't think that any of the jewels go well together including the tiara. I would have preferred all diamonds with the emerald necklace worn alone.

I do agree with you Boris - I feel although each piece is exquisite in its own right , the overall impression isnt good but rather mismatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom