Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Bobby....

Glad-rags is a slang phrase for all those extra special lovely clothes that one wears to really special occasions like weddings and parties and the opera!

The above choker is quite impressive, but doesn't look good on Camilla, imo. She looks better with "lighter" jewels. JMHO

Thanks for the explanation, Connie!

MelinaB.,
Usually the choker looks good on Camilla, but when worn with lighter and lower cut dresses. Thisi is how the impressive jewel shows in full glitter. On 10 November it was partly hidden by the dress' collar. Also the colour of the dress wasn't a good match with the lovely pink topaz. Of course that's just my humble opinion.

Bobby

Yes Bobby good point about theatre goers and their rather 'casual' panoply! I often used to feel overdressed myself when I ventured into the West-end clad in my glad-rags! But then again one can get one's own little fix if one goes to Covent Garden for a gala evening I suppose. Doesn't the Queen wear a tiara when she goes to the theatre anymore....I never thought standards had slipped to such a degree that high up the social pyramid?!?!?! The paraphernalia of family orders I can understand being left in the vault but sans tiara:eek:....I am most disturbed and am beginning to feel decidedly Tiaranemic.....I think I need to do a spot of my mantra!!!!!

As you say....white tie events seem to be increasingly rare events these days....which I do think is such a shame! Black tie more or less everything...again sad IMHO!

With regards to the choker.... didn't Prince Charles give it to Camilla as a present. Perhaps it is rather sentimentally valuable to her. Maybe it is one of DOC's favourites so it will perhaps get preferential treatment and regular outings! We just have see!
This too must be my problem....Tiaranemic:lol::lol:Too too funny! I also wish for more formal events to use a tiara. I think the DOC will keep us guessing as to how often one will be used. Maybe we will be surprised! If I had me a tiara, I just don't know how I would live my life.You know all that walking in front of the mirror would ruin the rugs!!:D

Here are the matching earrings to the pink and diamond pearl choker. Its not a very good picture but all that I good find. Are the pink stones topaz?

Earrings

Found some more photos!

Pic2

Last edited:
Hello hello!, besides the greville jewels, Im also trying to find out which jewels Camilla recieved as gifts since her time as a royal began. So far I got...

Saudi Arabia: The Ruby Breastplate The Emerald Demi-Parure The Sapphire Necklace

Did she receive any other gifts from other countries?

I believe she received a set of aquamarines from Brunei and I think they are the jewels she wore to the Classical Brit Awards in London on May 14, 2009.

CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images)

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

I believe she received a set of aquamarines from Brunei and I think they are the jewels she wore to the Classical Brit Awards in London on May 14, 2009.

CARL DE SOUZA/AFP/Getty Images)

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Adamari: Would you have any basis for suggesting that the acquamarines were a gift from Brunei, other than the co-incidence of them emerging only after the trip to Brunei?

I like the aquamarine drop, but not the rest of the necklace, it seems to be washed out on Camilla. To me the necklace looks a little small for the DoC, since she wears dramatic larger pieces so well, IMO.

I like the aquamarines. A girl needs something smaller sometimes. But not too small.
Nothing with the word dainty attached!

The aquamarines are lovely; I like them better than that clunker of a tiara HM wears.

The aquamarines are lovely; I like them better than that clunker of a tiara HM wears.

I think they are lovely too. The only reason I questioned the suggestion that they might be a gift from Brunei is because to me, they appear to be a relatively traditional "European" design, and I suspect any gifts from Brunei might have a bit more obvious wow factor.

The gift list from Brunei mentions jewelry but it doesnt say what kind. So we have no real way of saying if they are from Brunei. Though I would expect something a bit more grand and modern from Brunei.

Last edited by a moderator:
The DoC wore a lovely Peacock brooch to the Christmas Service today.

I adore how HRH wears whimsical pieces! The "stink bug" brooch and this are just lovely. I would love to see a more detailed close up!

This is a new brooch for The Duchess. Her Christmas present to us, jullies.

Adamari: Would you have any basis for suggesting that the acquamarines were a gift from Brunei, other than the co-incidence of them emerging only after the trip to Brunei?

I made the suggestion based on reading the list of gifts given to the royal couple during their trips between 2003 and 2008, which the Prince of Wales posted in three PDFs on his official website (2003-2006; 2007; 2008). They list the Duchess and Prince as receiving several pieces of jewelry, usually individual pieces such as a watch, necklace, broach, that sort of thing.

But the 2008 list indicates the Duchess received a set of jewelry from a member of the Brunei royal family, the only listing other than the one for the Saudi rubbies, sapphires, and emeralds (the 2003-2006 list) that specifically indicates a related suite of jewels. This is the main reason why I suggested the aquamarines might have come from Brunei.

Hi there - The DoC may well have recd a set of jewellery from Brunei, but it could just be a co-incidence that the acquamarines made a public debut thereafter. My view is that the acqumarines are a very European design, and possibly quite an old set, perhaps acquired by the DoC at auction or from HM. There may well be a flashier set of jewellery sitting in CH that came from Brunei.

Hi there - The DoC may well have recd a set of jewellery from Brunei, but it could just be a co-incidence that the aquamarines made a public debut thereafter. My view is that the aquamarines are a very European design, and possibly quite an old set, perhaps acquired by the DoC at auction or from HM. There may well be a flashier set of jewellery sitting in CH that came from Brunei.

Middle/eastern gifts are not necessarily influenced in their style by the donor - in the past some were bought from Harry Winston or from the large European houses such as Cartier, Boucheron or Garrard's, so this is not a reliable indicator.....

This peacock brooch, might be Sri Lankan.
Earlier last year, The Royal Collection had gifts of jewellery from Commonwealth countries. A mystery was solved of a QEII brooch, with many different gemstones. It turned out to be the 1971 Sri Lankan gift of a sword fruit flower brooch presented in Kandy, Ceylon[Sri Lanka now].
This style looks similar to me.

Middle/eastern gifts are not necessarily influenced in their style by the donor - in the past some were bought from Harry Winston or from the large European houses such as Cartier, Boucheron or Garrard's, so this is not a reliable indicator.....

I agree that it may not be the most reliable indicator, but it could just as well be a coincidence that Camilla wore the acquamarines after the trip to Brunei, even though she may have acquired them elsewhere.

I liked Camilla's look on Christmas. The brooch and the simple pearl earrings were beautiful. Sometimes simplicity is so much better.

Fully agree with your "Sometimes simplicity is so much better" comment, but IMO, the earrings that Camilla is wearing in the pictures are the same as those she normally wears, ie diamonds cluster with a dangling pearl drop, the pearl drop of which is visible in the picture

Fully agree with your "Sometimes simplicity is so much better" comment, but IMO, the earrings that Camilla is wearing in the pictures are the same as those she normally wears, ie diamonds cluster with a dangling pearl drop, the pearl drop of which is visible in the picture

So true. She wears them all the time. ;) Personally, I don't mind seeing a royal with the same earrings/accessories etc. so often. Perhaps they mean something to her. Her favourite gift from her husband maybe? :rolleyes:

The Aquamarines certainly are beautiful, but their proportions seem off on the DoC. The necklace length is too long I think.

Besides the diamond Prince of Wales pendant that DofC wears as a brooch, what other pieces did she inherit from Diana?

Besides the diamond Prince of Wales pendant that DofC wears as a brooch, what other pieces did she inherit from Diana?

Camilla did not inherit any pieces from Diana.

Which brooch?
And Camilla didn't inherit any as far as I recall. All Diana's jewellery is reserved for Harry and William's wives i believe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom