Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe this is why we haven't seen the Rundell tiara since Queen Alexandra, it's circumference was too big for QEQM and possibly she didn't care much enough for the design of the tiara to have it resized...
I've noticed that QEQM didn't realy liked the Greek design, we didn't see her wearing her wedding present from George VI, a necklace with Greek key motives, nor the tiara in the Greek design that we saw at an exhibition in the 60's.
Maybe Camilla will rediscover these "Greek" pieces!

King George VI necklace, could have been used as a piece worn at family dinners and at privet functions as the Queen has been known to do from time to time with some pieces that we only hear about. Although I do love that piece page 110 of the Royal jewels book -We have never seen the fringe sapphire necklace that was a gift from the queen or the broaches (smaller ones). Some one will have to dig these out of the vault SOON!

Camilla at the Classic Brit music awards ceremony on Thursday, May 14.

Camilla sported a diamond and aquamarine set (earrings, necklace, bracelet) I've never seen before.

From Getty
ImageShack® - Gallery

earrings. necklace. bracelet. Very beautiful.
Unfortunately, the source was unclear.

earrings. necklace. bracelet. Very beautiful.
Unfortunately, the source was unclear.
Could they be part of the set given to the Queen as a Coronation gift from Brazil? See reference on page 135 of "The Royal Jewels" Sue Menzkes.

Could they be part of the set given to the Queen as a Coronation gift from Brazil? See reference on page 135 of "The Royal Jewels" Sue Menzkes.

My understanding is, that The Queen has used all the aquamarines gift from Brazil, into the semi parure - tiara, earrings, bracelet and necklace. The brooch was a separate piece.

Could the aquamarines be a gift from Brunei? I believe the Prince of Wales's annual report mentioned she received jewelry from the Brunei royal family.

No. The aquamarines from Brazil belong to the Crown as a coronation gift to Her Majesty. Camilla could not wear the parure until she is Queen.

No. The aquamarines from Brazil belong to the Crown as a coronation gift to Her Majesty. Camilla could not wear the parure until she is Queen.

Hopefully she won't--not unless she redesigns that tiara. The brooch and earrings I don't mind, though.

There are the gorgeous pink earrings I love! Did we ever decide if they were amethysts or not? I remember them being in an auction catalog some time back but my memory fails me (the perils of turning 35, you know :)
Asian Women of Achievement Awards on May 20:
Getty Images - Asian Women Of Achievement Awards

I confess, I don't much admire the way jewellery, of this size, generally rests on HRH bossom. Looks rather 'icky', imo.

I confess, I don't much admire the way jewellery, of this size, generally rests on HRH bossom. Looks rather 'icky', imo.

So, Madame Royale, it may be safe to assume this is not your favorite piece? ;)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00442/news-graphics-2007-_442993a.jpg

Now, I rather like Saudi piece better (it's a touch less, um, out there)
Getty Images - The Princes Trust - Gala Evening

By the way, has Camilla worn those wonderful rubies of Alice Keppel's since she and Charles got married? The one that can also be worn as a tiara?

You assume right, jcb...hehe.
And the Greville worn at CHOGM...three rows would have been plenty...more than enough.
The sapphires look nice, however.
As for the Alice Keppel piece, I'm not sure. I have a feeling I've seen a photo of her having worn it, but can't be certain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a picture of the jewels Camilla recieved during her visit to Saudi Arabia?

Does anyone have a picture of the jewels Camilla recieved during her visit to Saudi Arabia?
The ruby breastplate and sapphire necklace are in jcbcode99 and Madame Royale's posts just above yours.
The third gift from Prince Al-Waleed is said to be an emerald necklace, which hasn't yet been worn in public.

GillW said:
I have a photo of her wearing it, but although it looks like pre wedding I have no date.
I don't have a date for that photo either but my notes have her as Camilla P-B at the time.

Last edited:
The ruby breastplate and sapphire necklace are in jcbcode99 and Madame Royale's posts just above yours.
The third gift from Prince Al-Waleed is said to be an emerald necklace, which hasn't yet been worn in public.

........ and onewe are eagerly awaiting to see on Camilla!

Thank you for posting the pic, GilW. I'm not sure how I feel about that piece--in Munn's book it looks exquisite but on Camilla it looks a little sparse or something. She should wear it again so I can get a better look at it! :)

Why do the British have to report when they are given jewels and others do not? Just a law in England? We always seem to know where jewels come from on Camilla, Diana, Sophie even the Queen. There always seems to be 'some' kind of information.

Why do the British have to report when they are given jewels and others do not? Just a law in England? We always seem to know where jewels come from on Camilla, Diana, Sophie even the Queen. There always seems to be 'some' kind of information.

Quite often, the "information" for some of the newer pieces is merely speculation on the part of the posters on the TRF. eg, when Camilla wore the choker with the pink topaz / amethyst centre piece at the wedding of Autumn and Peter Phillips, there was quite a lot of speculation as to its origins, but little fact has since emerged.

Emeralds debut!

Camilla has finally worn the emeralds (the third of the three suites of jewelry she supposedly received on their official trip to Saudi Arabia?).
:clap:

Getty
ImageShack© - Gallery

event:
Royal Gala Performance of Peter Pan in London, June 17, 2009.
In aid of The Prince's Foundation for Children and the Arts,
an educational charity that helps children experience the arts
in a high quality and sustained way.

Its wonderful to see the emeralds finally make their public debut. I have mixed feelings about them though - they are wonderful stones, the DoC has worn them well, but they are quite substantial pieces almost bordering on being loud..... but then Camilla has the presense to wear them well.

I'd pick the Cambridge emeralds ANY day over these.
I would agree Madame Royale, but nothing really compares to the Cambridge!!!! These are stunning emeralds and look to be quite big, but I don't think they are right with a white jacket. I do love formal pieces worn with a casualness but these seem too formal, like she should have waited for a gala to pull them out!

I guess I would have had a hard time keeping them in the vaults!!:D:D

One point to note, it has taken over three years for the emeralds to make their debut public appearance.
The DOC was presented with the ruby, sapphire and emerald parures by Prince Al-Waleed in March 2006. Patience has been rewarded! :)

I just find them to be something one would expect a Malaysian Sultana or Lalla Salma of Morocco to wear, not a European royal Duchess. Too many emeralds, and not enough diamonds I think. The emeralds are quite large and as such, are rather intense.

Indeed, the Cambridge emeralds are nothing short of stunning!

What do they sapphires jewels look like, I can't remember seeing them?
That is an incredible necklace. It's stunning.
:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom