Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

http://i38.tinypic.com/2emhiew.jpg Royal Variey Performance 11th dec

Old 12-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
http://i38.tinypic.com/2emhiew.jpg Royal Variey Performance 11th dec
Good to see this "mystery" diamond necklace of Camilla's reappear after a few years. The earrings have had regular outings with the collet collier necklace and the Greville 5 strings.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Royal Highness

I must say, Camilla is displaying these jewels quite impressively.

On a different note, I haven't seen any photos from the Diplomatic Corp Reception.....anything worth posting?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla sure seems to wear the big 'stuff' with ease. Good for her!! Love this necklace!!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Good to see the diamond serpent pecklace reappear after a few years rest at The Sun Military Awards at Hampton Court Palace on 16 Dec

http://i40.tinypic.com/r70fhj.jpg
Old 12-17-2008, 07:55 AM
Nobility

I think The Duchess of Cornwall wore this diamond serpent necklace as well during the State Banquet in honour of the Norwegian royals back in 2005.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth View Post
I think The Duchess of Cornwall wore this diamond serpent necklace as well during the State Banquet in honour of the Norwegian royals back in 2005.
Thats right, but it has not been seen much since early 2006.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Royal Highness

I"ve always rather liked this necklace. Didn't Charles purchase it for her?
And, loving the Duchess in that gown!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I"ve always rather liked this necklace. Didn't Charles purchase it for her?
And, loving the Duchess in that gown!
Charles is meant to have bought it for Camilla in the early part of this century, and it is rumoured to hav been one of the Keppel jewels.

I too love the gown - it is wonderfully theathrical, and I just love the way Camilla continues to recycle these suingature pieces over the years. That said, I am not sure if some of her more recent gowns will be that "durable"
Old 12-23-2008, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
I'm not one for brooches - too many on a person just looks gaudy; but the 2nd pic of Camilla's brooch is of a stick bug. A stick bug in diamonds? That's ugly - sorry, but it is.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightLighter View Post
I'm not one for brooches - too many on a person just looks gaudy; but the 2nd pic of Camilla's brooch is of a stick bug. A stick bug in diamonds? That's ugly - sorry, but it is.
That's not really the best angle or background for the bug brooch. It's actually a lovely piece--I believe it is art deco in its design and at one point insect and bug brooches were really popular. There is a photo of Camilla wearing it on black velvet background and it really pops and looks lovely. I can't find --it was on Magnolia's website which is not tragically not up any longer. Perhaps someone else has it?

Old 01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Next months Majesty magazine (Feb issue) is featuring an insight into the jewels of Camilla which should be interesting

Old 01-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightLighter View Post
Camilla is very fond of the stick insect brooch as her father bought it for her.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

GillW--is there, perchance, a Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall brooch database being created??

Old 01-13-2009, 01:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
GillW--is there, perchance, a Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall brooch database being created??
Not as such (not by me anyway! ...not to date...) But that doesn't mean I don't take any notice...I try to keep a picture record of each one I spot her wearing, and remember snippets if I read anything interesting. I also note any Camilla wears which formerly belonged to the queen Mum....
Old 01-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Nobility

In the next edition of Majesty, the jewellery box of The Duchess of Cornwall will be opened to us. I can't wait!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

See below the pearl choker that Camilla is wearing. Does anybody know much about its provenance? Camilla is usually only seen wear it in Scotland, and I think the first time I saw her wear it was on their honeymoon.

---------------------
The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to a group of historic
buildings near Balmoral Castle the Royal Family's Scottish
estate in Aberdeenshire, January 15, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 01-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Courtier

I have note of an event in 2006 in London, so it is not exclusive to Scotland

details_pop
Old 01-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Nobility

I once read that this pearl choker with a central amethyst or sapphire, don't know, I think she possesses more than one of this kind, was once proporty of The Duchess' mother. I think this one is from her mother; and the one she wore on the Phillips weddings in May is one she received from The Prince of Wales.
But I advice to buy Majesty this month, where the jewellery box of Camilla will be opened to us.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
Camilla is very fond of the stick insect brooch as her father bought it for her.
I was under the impression it was a piece of the queen mum's. Where did you get your info?

As for the Majesty article, it's not like Camilla is going to provide an interview. There is nothing she has worn in public that hasn't been mentioned on the forum.

Tags
camilla jewellery, duchess of cornwall jewellery