The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
I've never noticed this before but it looks like she is wearing some sort of jeweled horseshoe around her wrist in the second row of photos. Anyone know anything about it?

Great Royal Weddings: Prince Charles of Great Britain Marries Camilla Parker Bowles - StyleList
This was on another thread, most was about fruit cake, but there was this part.

Brides sew a good luck charm, such as the silver horseshoe of royal British brides, to the hem of their wedding dresses. Old English wedding tradition also calls for the bride to carry a horseshoe, streaming with ribbons, for good luck.

Diana was said to have sewn one into her dress as well. There were some other interesting things. I guess the tradition of tying shoes to a car (or cans) for the couple, is from Tudors time when they threw shoes at a couple for good look.

Old 03-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Wow! That is a great look. I love the way she uses her jewelry to compliment the colour she is wearing. I have to admit this has made me curious to see photo's of all the variations of this particular demi-parure.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 03-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, is right! Her jewelry looks beautiful...simple yet elegant.
Do I sense a bit of Botox to enhance her lips and lessen the wrinkles from smoking? hmmm...
Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 AM
Majesty

I don't think she'd have her smile if she were chock full of Botox!
Old 03-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Flash photography softens anyones wrinkles, smoke lines etc

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 03-29-2011, 04:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
A new Sapphire pendant tonight :

First outing of a new element of the well known arabian sapphire parure (see the earrings) or a pendant taken from the main necklace ?
Not sure the pendant is from the same parure. Perhaps it was another gift.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Not sure the pendant is from the same parure.
On second thoughts, the designs are very similar, and I think the pendant could well be from the Saudi sapphire necklace.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am really struck by the absence of jewellery on Day2 of the visit to Portugal - no brooch/no necklace.

A duchess without jewels see pic 2
I know these are austere times but really, this is very disappointing when she has so many pieces to choose from - I wonder if someone forgot to pack them.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I am really struck by the absence of jewellery on Day2 of the visit to Portugal - no brooch/no necklace.

I know these are austere times but really, this is very disappointing when she has so many pieces to choose from - I wonder if someone forgot to pack them.
I think it has more to do with the setting than austere times. The common people know the royals have tons of jewels, so unless it is a new piece, no one would comment. She was at a medical lab, and a horse track, pretty casual settings, she may have looked a bit over done with jewels. Now if she went out to dinner that night without something like at least her pearls I'd be surprised.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMolly View Post
I think it has more to do with the setting than austere times. The common people know the royals have tons of jewels, so unless it is a new piece, no one would comment. She was at a medical lab, and a horse track, pretty casual settings, she may have looked a bit over done with jewels. Now if she went out to dinner that night without something like at least her pearls I'd be surprised.
Also, the jacket hardly allowed for her to have much of a necklace. At best, she could have had a brooch on.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

Wow those sapphires are a knock out! I'm curious where they came from.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMolly View Post
Yet the bracelet could be said to be rather extravagant.

Bracelet
Old 03-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely jewels and what a bracelet! I thought the Duchess was perfectly jeweled for a country in such rough economic times. I wonder if this pendant is a sign of the Saudi jewels being taken apart and redesigned? I'm hoping for tiaras in Spain and Morocco!

Here is probably the very best photo of her engagement ring I have ever seen. What a rock! Courtesy of emeraldeyes on RJWMB. And forgot to mention, how sensation does the portugese Duchess look. The hair, the earrings, the red shawl, I need to pay more attention to her.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Royal Highness

HRH the Duchess of Cornwall in all her glory tonight in Madrid :

Old 03-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
HRH the Duchess of Cornwall in all her glory tonight in Madrid :

Wow ! really stunning...
Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Def not a fan of this no tiara trend coming from Camilla but wow!, finally a clear photo of that necklace.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Serene Highness

The earrings and necklace are beautiful. At first I thought this was "The King Faisal" necklace owned by the Queen but on closer look I don't think so.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
The earrings and necklace are beautiful. At first I thought this was "The King Faisal" necklace owned by the Queen but on closer look I don't think so.
This is not the King Faisal necklace, I do not believe this necklace has been seen previously in public. This necklace should not be confused with the diamond necklace that had its debut appearance in the US in autumn 2005, and has been used extensively since by Camilla.

Getty Images - Navegador no compatible detectado

http://noticias.terra.es/2011/mundo/0330/fotos-media/espana-runido-los-principes-de-asturias-ofrecen-una-cena-al-principe-carlos-de-inglaterra-y-a-la-duquesa-de-cornualles-16$599x0.jpg
Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 AM
Majesty

Fiesta en honor al Príncipe Carlos y Camila ? Videos en lainformacion.com

Nice video showing the new necklace in some detail.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post

If you look at the next few photo's you would have seen that she is wearing her signature pearl drop earrings.

Tags
camilla jewellery, duchess of cornwall jewellery