The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

The emeralds are divine! They really "pop" against the white jacket she's wearing.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those are the most delicious emeralds. I soooo love them!!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Gentry

They are indeed lovely. Also the photo of the Queen wearing the Vladimir tiara with the pearls made me wonder when did she last wear them with the emeralds? It seems that she always uses the pearls these days. Anyone know?
Old 01-16-2011, 02:55 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalil View Post
They are indeed lovely. Also the photo of the Queen wearing the Vladimir tiara with the pearls made me wonder when did she last wear them with the emeralds? It seems that she always uses the pearls these days. Anyone know?
I found the emerald drops in the tiara being worn NOVEMBER 08 1999 - The Queen Arriving For The State Banquet In Accra, Ghana.
Anyone know of a more recent wearing?

Just found one myself - with Nelson Mandela at Buckingham Palace on May 3, 2000 in Windsor
(pics on Getty)
Old 01-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

New brooch! Well, for me at least. Nothing too spectacular though. I am glad Camilla is proving to be somewhat of a brooch lover. We won't have to worry about HM's brooch collection gathering dust in the vaults for at least another generation.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't say that I am too impressed with this brooch. It looks like a chink of armor with some nondescript stones. I must say that I like the way she has worn a matching scarf with her jacket, however. It completes the outfit, (as much of it as can be seen). :)
Old 01-23-2011, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Great, I wonder if these stones are blue sapphires. And how do you think the DOC could have acquired this brooch?! The Qatari's have been travelling to London quite often lately... Just saying.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

She has already worn it in 2005 or 2006. And it was once again in Scotland, so maybe it has a Scottish link.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/75972968.jpg
Old 01-23-2011, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting. I have never seen this particular outfit. Thank you for the link, Andrew!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 AM
Majesty

I loved the colour and contrast of the outfit and jewelry which the Duchess of Cornwall wore when shes visited the Children's Reading Bus at King's College, University of Aberdeen on January 20, 2011.

The picture gives not only a wonderful shot of the aformentioned brooch but also her trademark triple string of pearls nestled in the tartan scarf and a fabulous shot of her favourite pearl earings.
Pic 1

November 2007?
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/caidos2a.jpg

Febrary 2008
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

The earrings may if fact just be her all out favourite as she wears the so often. (See also ** above)

'The Garden Party
to Make a Difference' at Clarence House on September 10, 2010
Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 zimbio/gettyimages gallery

September 2008 Battle of Britain Flypast

Holyroodhouse, Edinburgh, Scotland, Wednesday June 4, 2008
News Summary ROYALBLOG.NL: Duke & Duchess of Rothesay entertain
Old 01-24-2011, 02:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
She has already worn it in 2005 or 2006. And it was once again in Scotland, so maybe it has a Scottish link.

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/75972968.jpg
It's a very traditional Scottish design - one frequently used to anchor a swatch or scarf of tartan fabric.(This style is in every Scottish tourist shop) The stones are most often semi-precious local quartz or similar. It would be very rare and exceptional to have precious stones in a brooch such as this one.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for clarifying! I thought the brooch was brand new, so I was wrong. MARG, thank you for the extra photos! The DOC has a nice collection of pearl jewellery!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Hey GillW, do you know what the technical name for these kind of brooches are? I've seen the general kinds but I've also seen some gorgeous one. I remember once seeing a Scotsmen wearing a huge amethyst one on his tartan. If living in Scotland meant I cld wear a brooch everyday, I'd pack my bags in a heartbeat
Old 02-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess wore the diamond serpent necklace(one of my favs!) and some pretty amethyst earrings. I can't remember if I've seen these earrings before, I know that she does have some amethyst jewelry but I remember them being smaller.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Hey GillW, do you know what the technical name for these kind of brooches are? I've seen the general kinds but I've also seen some gorgeous one. I remember once seeing a Scotsmen wearing a huge amethyst one on his tartan. If living in Scotland meant I cld wear a brooch everyday, I'd pack my bags in a heartbeat

I'm not aware of a definite name, but they are generally "Celtic" brooches because of the decoration. Not heard of anything more specific.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess wore these brooches out today, its the most upclose photo of them I've seen to date. I like them very much, but then I'm quite keen on these kind of brooches.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've never noticed this before but it looks like she is wearing some sort of jeweled horseshoe around her wrist in the second row of photos. Anyone know anything about it?

http://www.stylelist.com/2011/03/25/...arles-camilla/
Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

It's for luck, although I admit I've never seen it before.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
I've never noticed this before but it looks like she is wearing some sort of jeweled horseshoe around her wrist in the second row of photos. Anyone know anything about it?

Great Royal Weddings: Prince Charles of Great Britain Marries Camilla Parker Bowles - StyleList
Someone must have given this to her when they did the walkabout after the wedding. It's only made of silver plastic, usually has a ribbon on and can be found with other wedding paraphernalia (including silver plastic bells and shoes) at high street stationers like Clintons Cards or Birthday Cards. The horseshoe is a sign of good luck (when the prongs are facing upwards in order to "hold the luck" and many homes have a real horseshoe over the fireplace or front door.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness

A new Sapphire pendant tonight :

First outing of a new element of the well known arabian sapphire parure (see the earrings) or a pendant taken from the main necklace ?

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla jewellery, duchess of cornwall jewellery