The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I do like Camilla's engagement ring, and I am actually excited that Camilla is wearing some of the Queen Mother's jewels. It's a shame that some of the older pieces (from the 1920s) had been retired and I really like seeing these Art Deco pieces (for the first time in my life!).

Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
I do like Camilla's engagement ring, and I am actually excited that Camilla is wearing some of the Queen Mother's jewels. It's a shame that some of the older pieces (from the 1920s) had been retired and I really like seeing these Art Deco pieces (for the first time in my life!).
It is very exciting to see these Art Deco pieces on the Duchess. They suit her quite well.
Some of the QM's pieces have been retired because of deterioration. I seem to recall that the Strathmore Rose tiara was retired because it is so badly tarnished it is about to fall apart and must be reset.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Nobility

Maybe if all the poster sent $1.00 (or the equivalent) they might be able to reset in a platinum setting. Just a thought.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Aristocracy

Good information on the engagement ring. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
It is very exciting to see these Art Deco pieces on the Duchess. They suit her quite well.
Some of the QM's pieces have been retired because of deterioration. I seem to recall that the Strathmore Rose tiara was retired because it is so badly tarnished it is about to fall apart and must be reset.
I had wondered what had happened to the Strathmore Rose tiara as I've always thought it was a pretty piece. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Tiaras made with silver frames and settings require regular cleaning and ongoing maintenance. Hence the preference for gold (heavy) or best of all, platinum (more expensive, but lighter, stronger than gold thus requiring less metal, and more durable).
Old 02-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Majesty

Camilla treads Coronation Street's famous cobbles during Royal visit to mark soap's 50th anniversary | Mail Online

Scroll down in the story to see Camilla in her new 3 Ducks "Corrie" brooch! This will be auctioned for charity shortly
Old 02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love that the brooch has some meaning to it.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Although this isn't the most beautiful piece of jewellery I have seen, the whole story is quite interesting. Thanks for sharing Muriel!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Majesty

‘Yereven My Love’: Prince Charles Hosts Dinner to Celebrate British and Armenian Charities at Windsor Castle | Asbarez Armenian News

Pictures of C&C at the Armenian dinner at Windsor Castle earlier this month. Difficult to tell from the pictures, but I think the diamond necklace first seen in the US in 2005 made an appearance again.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
http://i45.tinypic.com/2e0i8f7.jpg

See link above. Camilla had a new 4 string pearl / choker necklace on when she visited a nursing home yesterday
Duchess of Cornwall Pictures - Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visits Melcombe Primary School - Zimbio
Courtesy: Zimbio

A close-up picture of the new pearl and diamond choker that Camilla wore earlier this month, and then again today at a school in Hammersmith, in West London. Not a great picture of Camilla, but certainly the best close-up of the necklace we have seen so far.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the necklace as well as the way she wore it - the paved diamond part is exceptional!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Looks familiar for some reason.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

She wore it just recently but I dont remember seeing it before. Perhaps the diamond pendant is an older jewel from the BRF? The duchess wore here aquamarines tonight for the Alice and Wonderland premier.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Aristocracy

The aquamarine necklace is beautiful - exactly the right size... Now if only she had a tiara to go with it....
Old 02-26-2010, 06:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by James in London View Post
The aquamarine necklace is beautiful - exactly the right size... Now if only she had a tiara to go with it....
An acquamarine tiara would be lovely for Camilla, though she may have to wait till she gets the top job - there is a rather big acquamarine tiara waiting for her to rework!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I like her aquamarine necklace too. It flatters her a lot! Now looking forward to that new tiara - it definitely intrigued me!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Aristocracy

Surely she doesn't nee to wait?! If Charles can afford to keep buying her all these fabulous necklaces (or someone is giving them to her...) surely a tiara could somehow get slipped in?! She could rework one of the necklace perhaps...? And besides, some of the necklaces (ruby breastplate, sapphires) would suit being fitted to a base as a tiara.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by James in London View Post
Surely she doesn't nee to wait?! If Charles can afford to keep buying her all these fabulous necklaces (or someone is giving them to her...) surely a tiara could somehow get slipped in?! She could rework one of the necklace perhaps...? And besides, some of the necklaces (ruby breastplate, sapphires) would suit being fitted to a base as a tiara.
IMO, its not about Charles not being able to afford to get her a new tiara. My sense is that this is a PR issue. The BRF do not want to appear to be splurging on yet more ostentatios things like tairas. In her reign to date, HM herself has only got 3 tiaras made. The necklaces / demi-parures that Camilla has acquired are quite low profile - the higher profile ones (the ruby breastplate, the emeralds etc) are all gifts.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Yeah - I see your point, but all the same, do these things really get picked up in the media? I don't think it's that newsworthy outside of Royal watchers really...

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla jewellery, duchess of cornwall jewellery