The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Royal Highness

The aquamarines are lovely; I like them better than that clunker of a tiara HM wears.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
The aquamarines are lovely; I like them better than that clunker of a tiara HM wears.
I think they are lovely too. The only reason I questioned the suggestion that they might be a gift from Brunei is because to me, they appear to be a relatively traditional "European" design, and I suspect any gifts from Brunei might have a bit more obvious wow factor.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

The gift list from Brunei mentions jewelry but it doesnt say what kind. So we have no real way of saying if they are from Brunei. Though I would expect something a bit more grand and modern from Brunei.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

The DoC wore a lovely Peacock brooch to the Christmas Service today.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Royals Attend Christmas Day Service At Sandringham - Pictures - Zimbio

A better link, a beautiful picture.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

I adore how HRH wears whimsical pieces! The "stink bug" brooch and this are just lovely. I would love to see a more detailed close up!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Nobility

This is a new brooch for The Duchess. Her Christmas present to us, jullies.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Adamari: Would you have any basis for suggesting that the acquamarines were a gift from Brunei, other than the co-incidence of them emerging only after the trip to Brunei?
I made the suggestion based on reading the list of gifts given to the royal couple during their trips between 2003 and 2008, which the Prince of Wales posted in three PDFs on his official website (2003-2006; 2007; 2008). They list the Duchess and Prince as receiving several pieces of jewelry, usually individual pieces such as a watch, necklace, broach, that sort of thing.

But the 2008 list indicates the Duchess received a set of jewelry from a member of the Brunei royal family, the only listing other than the one for the Saudi rubbies, sapphires, and emeralds (the 2003-2006 list) that specifically indicates a related suite of jewels. This is the main reason why I suggested the aquamarines might have come from Brunei.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:54 PM
Majesty

Hi there - The DoC may well have recd a set of jewellery from Brunei, but it could just be a co-incidence that the acquamarines made a public debut thereafter. My view is that the acqumarines are a very European design, and possibly quite an old set, perhaps acquired by the DoC at auction or from HM. There may well be a flashier set of jewellery sitting in CH that came from Brunei.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Hi there - The DoC may well have recd a set of jewellery from Brunei, but it could just be a co-incidence that the aquamarines made a public debut thereafter. My view is that the aquamarines are a very European design, and possibly quite an old set, perhaps acquired by the DoC at auction or from HM. There may well be a flashier set of jewellery sitting in CH that came from Brunei.
Middle/eastern gifts are not necessarily influenced in their style by the donor - in the past some were bought from Harry Winston or from the large European houses such as Cartier, Boucheron or Garrard's, so this is not a reliable indicator.....
Old 01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
This peacock brooch, might be Sri Lankan.
Earlier last year, The Royal Collection had gifts of jewellery from Commonwealth countries. A mystery was solved of a QEII brooch, with many different gemstones. It turned out to be the 1971 Sri Lankan gift of a sword fruit flower brooch presented in Kandy, Ceylon[Sri Lanka now].
This style looks similar to me.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW View Post
Middle/eastern gifts are not necessarily influenced in their style by the donor - in the past some were bought from Harry Winston or from the large European houses such as Cartier, Boucheron or Garrard's, so this is not a reliable indicator.....
I agree that it may not be the most reliable indicator, but it could just as well be a coincidence that Camilla wore the acquamarines after the trip to Brunei, even though she may have acquired them elsewhere.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
I liked Camilla's look on Christmas. The brooch and the simple pearl earrings were beautiful. Sometimes simplicity is so much better.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
I liked Camilla's look on Christmas. The brooch and the simple pearl earrings were beautiful. Sometimes simplicity is so much better.
Fully agree with your "Sometimes simplicity is so much better" comment, but IMO, the earrings that Camilla is wearing in the pictures are the same as those she normally wears, ie diamonds cluster with a dangling pearl drop, the pearl drop of which is visible in the picture
Old 01-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Fully agree with your "Sometimes simplicity is so much better" comment, but IMO, the earrings that Camilla is wearing in the pictures are the same as those she normally wears, ie diamonds cluster with a dangling pearl drop, the pearl drop of which is visible in the picture
So true. She wears them all the time. Personally, I don't mind seeing a royal with the same earrings/accessories etc. so often. Perhaps they mean something to her. Her favourite gift from her husband maybe?
Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 AM
Majesty

http://i45.tinypic.com/2e0i8f7.jpg

See link above. Camilla had a new 4 string pearl / choker necklace on when she visited a nursing home yesterday
Old 01-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Royal Highness

The Aquamarines certainly are beautiful, but their proportions seem off on the DoC. The necklace length is too long I think.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Serene Highness

Besides the diamond Prince of Wales pendant that DofC wears as a brooch, what other pieces did she inherit from Diana?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Besides the diamond Prince of Wales pendant that DofC wears as a brooch, what other pieces did she inherit from Diana?
Camilla did not inherit any pieces from Diana.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Which brooch?
And Camilla didn't inherit any as far as I recall. All Diana's jewellery is reserved for Harry and William's wives i believe.

Tags
camilla jewellery, duchess of cornwall jewellery