The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normalil View Post
I agree jcb, she looks wonderful, but I wish that we could see something different. I'd love to see her wearing amethysts.
Hi there. I am very glad to see Camilla finally wearing the royal jewels and yes i personally think that the Kent Demi Parure would look stunning on Camilla. I love Amethysts myself. There is just something magical about them. Is there anyone that can help me with close up pics of the Kent Demi Parure, because you do not see it alot or read about it alot. I would love to know more about it. I am a Royal Jewels fan.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Royal Highness

I was over on the Royal Jewels of the World site and there is a link to the Lady Diana Discussion Board regarding the Prince of Wales Feather Pendant; in a nutshell, Diana wore Queen Alexandra's. Queen Alexandra had one made for Mary when she was elevated to PoW--and that Camilla wears Queen Mary's. This information comes from Leslie Field--here's the link. But, I recommend reading the entire thread. It's very interesting.
The Lady Diana Discussion Board: Re: Prince of Wales Feather Pendant

The Royal JEwels of the World discussion about this new information:
http://members2.boardhost.com/royal-...250062908.html

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 AM
Administrator

Just in case this is not permanent I'll quote from The Lady Diana Discussion Board: Re: Prince of Wales Feather Pendant

excerpt courtesy of The Lady Diana Discussion Board and poster Rae, 12 August 2009

Ms. Field was kind enough to point out to me a few differences in the design of each emblem: for one, the POW feathers in each were noticeably different - Diana's emblem had longer feathers, with less 'foldover' at the top, and the coronet was set lower on the 'stem' of the feathers. Her pendant was also longer, and has several more diamonds around the edge. The cabochon emerald drop on Diana's pendant is also a darker green that the one on Camilla's brooch. Also, Diana's drop was removable-Camilla's is not.

While Diana's royal pieces were returned to the Queen's collection after her death, they will only be passed on to the wives of her sons and future female descendants in her direct line.

I haven't read through the entire discussion on both boards so there may be more to say one way or the other.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Not so much jewellery, more a regimental badge and miniature.
Courtesy of dazzling in the British Forum,
The DOC met injured soldiers at the armed forces rehabilitation centre in Surrey including soldiers from her own regiment, 4th Battalion The Rifles, of which she is Royal Colonel.

--> DOC regimental badge and miniature
Old 10-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Royal Highness

DoC wearing a multi-strand choker with what appears to be sapphire, and the rock crystal and diamond deco brooch--but I can't find a pic, just a video--for the Land Girls tea party

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 10-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Courtier

Do we have a photograph? Sounds interesting.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Nobility

The Duchess of Cornwall has worn a new brooch to an evening event in Bath.
Thankyou to RJWMB and poster [apologies forgot posters name.]
Old 10-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness

I don't have a photo of the necklace, but she has worn it before- -as well as the brooch. Here is a link to the video--it's actually very intesting and I recommend watchign the entire clip.
BBC NEWS | UK | Queen takes tea with Land Girls

New brooch, courtesy of RJWMB: Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Another new brooch for Camilla

Old 10-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

What a lovely bow! Not exactly classic, but definitely lovely!
Any ideas about its materials?
Old 10-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

It is probably art deco, platinum, diamonds, sapphires. I love it--but odd to wear sapphires with emerald green--at least in my opinion.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Aristocracy

I love the clip - and I agree I dont like blue with that shade of green
Old 10-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Royal Highness

The Boucheron with a lovely diamond necklace and earrings we have seen before--as well as the RFO (naturally). Would love a close-up picture--
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 10-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Serene Highness

I think the Boucheron tiara looks lovely on the DoC. I might have disliked it on a younger princess, but it is ideal for Camilla, imo.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
The Boucheron with a lovely diamond necklace and earrings we have seen before--as well as the RFO (naturally). Would love a close-up picture--
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
I love the tiara on Camilla, she looks wonderful.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Nobility

Getty
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2...mondbroach.jpg

This is certainly not a new brooch, because The Duchess of Cornwall wore this brooch already before, e.g. on her white and navy dress and coat seen in the picture below.

Royal Navy

I mentionned an earlier photo here, but I think it is an adapted version of a diamond brooch once belonged to Princess Marie Louise, the granddaughter of Queen Victoria. That one belonged to The Queen Mother and was worn by her on the 1969 photo in red with the whole family around chairs, relaxing and laughing. Could that be?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Saint John's, Canada, 2 Nov 2009
DOC Maple Leaf Brooch
Old 11-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

So fitting that DoC wore the diamond maple leaf brooch on their visit to Canada as it is their national symbol, nice tocuh, IMO.

Warren, can you tell me, does it have any historical signifigance that you know of? Thanks in advance.

BTW, loved Camilla in the Bouchern Tiara at the Indian State Dinner Last week, I really think that is a prefect tiara for her!
Old 11-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I am presuming that the diamond maple leaf brooch has been loaned to Camilla for this tour by the Queen - the brooch was given to the late Queen Mother during the 1939 tour of Canada and she loaned it to her daughter in 1951 for Princess Elizabeth's tour of Canada. The Queen Mother was frequently seen wearing the Candian maple leaf brooch during the war years and right up to her death in 2002. The Queen has worn the brooch a number of times in the last few years when she is attending events linked to Canada. The brooch was put on display at the commonwealth exhibition this year at the Palace - blog

Old 11-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Administrator

Maple Leaf brooch
Here's the close-up from PrincessofEurope's blog entry.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

The Maple Leaf brooch is an exceptional piece! And it has the ideal size, imo. Not too big and not too small. Perfect!

Tags
camilla jewellery, duchess of cornwall jewellery