The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I'm hoping Camilla turns the ruby necklace into a tiara and small necklace set.
I think the emeralds could work well in a tiara, but I suspect they will need a lot of diamonds around them to be a really attractive tiara. Also, I think big tiaras work best for Camilla because of her hair, so the resultant tiara would need quite a lot of "height"

Old 07-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

You're right, muriel. Bigger tends to look better on Camilla. Say for instance Camilla borrowed Mette-Merit's beautiful little daisy tiara (the one MM married in)... it would be totally lost on Camilla. But borrow some of Silvia's big Swedish tiaras... Camilla would look gorgeous. If the day ever comes, we'll get the fun of seeing Camilla wear some great tiaras besides the Delhi Durbar tiara.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
If the day ever comes, we'll get the fun of seeing Camilla wear some great tiaras besides the Delhi Durbar tiara.
I take it you mean "when the day comes...."

You are right, she would look lovely in some of the larger tiaras that are gathering dust at Buck House.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Royal Highness

I personally am not a fan of the big hair-big tiara look. For me big tiaras are ok if the hair is flat or gathered, and big hair goes well with a bandaue or fringe tiara.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:35 AM
Administrator

New member pizzo has come up with a, umm.. startling revamp of the Saudi ruby necklace. Check it out in the photoshopping thread.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful, terrific, stunning, amazing, I'm gobsmacked! Perhaps just a tad too high, but then, what's a cm or two here or there between fellow jewellry addicts.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Even if she turned the Saudi necklace into a two-tiered tiara, she'd still have a lot of stones left. But I wish she'd dismantle the whole piece and have something more attractive created, maybe a grand tiara and some other matching pieces.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Wouldn't that be slightly disrespectful towards the Saudi Royal Family? It was a gift, after all (and not a cheap one too).
Old 07-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness

It's not unusual for gifts to be altered--Diana altered a whole sapphire suite.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

hey, does anybody have any close up photos of the cubbit-shand tiara. Ive been searching endlessly for some photos and history in it but no luck. Does anyone know what its made out of and the motif?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
hey, does anybody have any close up photos of the cubbit-shand tiara. Ive been searching endlessly for some photos and history in it but no luck. Does anyone know what its made out of and the motif?

You should find pictures of the tiara in the thread about the wedding of Camilla's daughter, Laura in 2006.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:11 PM
Royal Highness

Cubitt-Shand tiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
hey, does anybody have any close up photos of the Cubitt-Shand tiara.
This is the best I could find (Kate Middleton was at the weddind there are more pictures of her than there are of the bride!)

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Fabulous! Thank you so much! Its quite an interesting tiara, pretty, delicate and messy at the same time. If did not get lost in Camilla's hair I would love it if she wore it more often.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

WOW, we have waited for a very long time for the Emeralds to make an appearance. I think I like them I will wait for a better close up before I make up my mind. They can always be set with some larger diamonds from the royal collection later on.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
New member pizzo has come up with a, umm.. startling revamp of the Saudi ruby necklace. Check it out in the photoshopping thread.
It looks like a rather unfortunate kokoshnik. If she were really to have it converted to a tiara, to be fair, it would be smaller than it appears in that photoshopped version. I happen to think it'd be a perfect candidate not only for transformation into a tiara, but probably has enough stones to supply an entire parure. Only, the design definitely could use some modification...
Old 07-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Royal Highness

this may be off the topic, but Laura PB/Lopez is a pretty woman, a pleasure for the eyes...
Old 07-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
this may be off the topic, but Laura PB/Lopez is a pretty woman, a pleasure for the eyes...
She is a very beautiful woman. I would love to one day see her in her mothers jewels. Or at least one necklace.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Certainly anything privately owned by Camilla, but I wouldn't much appreciate seeing Laura wear anything belonging to the royal family, and so therefore, the state. Non non.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Royal Highness

I don't think Laura is a particularly attractive young (but neither was her mother). I'm sure Camilla wouldn't lend out royal heirlooms, she's a sensible woman, although she might let her wear private gifts. It doesn't look like Laura's going to have a life full of grand occasions so we probably won't see that happen often.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldorlord View Post
WOW, we have waited for a very long time for the Emeralds to make an appearance. I think I like them I will wait for a better close up before I make up my mind. They can always be set with some larger diamonds from the royal collection later on.
Quite right. There are enough large emeralds in the necklace to make a very substantial tiara and a serious necklace if enough diamonds were used to complement the emeralds.

Tags
camilla jewellery, duchess of cornwall jewellery