The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe this is why we haven't seen the Rundell tiara since Queen Alexandra, it's circumference was too big for QEQM and possibly she didn't care much enough for the design of the tiara to have it resized...
I've noticed that QEQM didn't realy liked the Greek design, we didn't see her wearing her wedding present from George VI, a necklace with Greek key motives, nor the tiara in the Greek design that we saw at an exhibition in the 60's.
Maybe Camilla will rediscover these "Greek" pieces!

Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Aristocracy

King George VI necklace, could have been used as a piece worn at family dinners and at privet functions as the Queen has been known to do from time to time with some pieces that we only hear about. Although I do love that piece page 110 of the Royal jewels book -We have never seen the fringe sapphire necklace that was a gift from the queen or the broaches (smaller ones). Some one will have to dig these out of the vault SOON!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Aristocracy

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
Camilla at the Classic Brit music awards ceremony on Thursday, May 14.

Camilla sported a diamond and aquamarine set (earrings, necklace, bracelet) I've never seen before.

From Getty
ImageShack® - Gallery
earrings. necklace. bracelet. Very beautiful.
Unfortunately, the source was unclear.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by puresnow View Post
earrings. necklace. bracelet. Very beautiful.
Unfortunately, the source was unclear.
Could they be part of the set given to the Queen as a Coronation gift from Brazil? See reference on page 135 of "The Royal Jewels" Sue Menzkes.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Could they be part of the set given to the Queen as a Coronation gift from Brazil? See reference on page 135 of "The Royal Jewels" Sue Menzkes.
My understanding is, that The Queen has used all the aquamarines gift from Brazil, into the semi parure - tiara, earrings, bracelet and necklace. The brooch was a separate piece.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Nobility

Could the aquamarines be a gift from Brunei? I believe the Prince of Wales's annual report mentioned she received jewelry from the Brunei royal family.
Old 05-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
No. The aquamarines from Brazil belong to the Crown as a coronation gift to Her Majesty. Camilla could not wear the parure until she is Queen.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
No. The aquamarines from Brazil belong to the Crown as a coronation gift to Her Majesty. Camilla could not wear the parure until she is Queen.
Hopefully she won't--not unless she redesigns that tiara. The brooch and earrings I don't mind, though.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 05-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Royal Highness

There are the gorgeous pink earrings I love! Did we ever decide if they were amethysts or not? I remember them being in an auction catalog some time back but my memory fails me (the perils of turning 35, you know :)
Asian Women of Achievement Awards on May 20:
Getty Images - Asian Women Of Achievement Awards

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 05-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Royal Highness

Aquamarine necklace close up (well, sorta):
Getty Images - Classical Brit Awards 2009 - Arrivals

Old 05-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I confess, I don't much admire the way jewellery, of this size, generally rests on HRH bossom. Looks rather 'icky', imo.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
I confess, I don't much admire the way jewellery, of this size, generally rests on HRH bossom. Looks rather 'icky', imo.
So, Madame Royale, it may be safe to assume this is not your favorite piece?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph...7-_442993a.jpg

Now, I rather like Saudi piece better (it's a touch less, um, out there)
Getty Images - The Princes Trust - Gala Evening

By the way, has Camilla worn those wonderful rubies of Alice Keppel's since she and Charles got married? The one that can also be worn as a tiara?

Old 05-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Courtier

Ruby necklace overdone, sapphire necklace, nicely done. Cheers
Old 05-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

You assume right, jcb...hehe.
And the Greville worn at CHOGM...three rows would have been plenty...more than enough.
The sapphires look nice, however.
As for the Alice Keppel piece, I'm not sure. I have a feeling I've seen a photo of her having worn it, but can't be certain.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman View Post
Ruby necklace overdone, sapphire necklace, nicely done. Cheers
I absolutely agree! Oh what I wouldn't do to own such a saphire necklace...
Old 06-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone have a picture of the jewels Camilla recieved during her visit to Saudi Arabia?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
As for the Alice Keppel piece, I'm not sure. I have a feeling I've seen a photo of her having worn it, but can't be certain.
I have a photo of her wearing it, but although it looks like pre wedding I have no date.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...bynecklace.jpg
Old 06-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the jewels Camilla recieved during her visit to Saudi Arabia?
The ruby breastplate and sapphire necklace are in jcbcode99 and Madame Royale's posts just above yours.
The third gift from Prince Al-Waleed is said to be an emerald necklace, which hasn't yet been worn in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillW
I have a photo of her wearing it, but although it looks like pre wedding I have no date.
I don't have a date for that photo either but my notes have her as Camilla P-B at the time.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The ruby breastplate and sapphire necklace are in jcbcode99 and Madame Royale's posts just above yours.
The third gift from Prince Al-Waleed is said to be an emerald necklace, which hasn't yet been worn in public.
........ and onewe are eagerly awaiting to see on Camilla!
Old 06-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for posting the pic, GilW. I'm not sure how I feel about that piece--in Munn's book it looks exquisite but on Camilla it looks a little sparse or something. She should wear it again so I can get a better look at it! :)

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla jewellery, duchess of cornwall jewellery