Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 5: November 2007 - February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone loves diamonds, Marilyn Monroe was wrong to say that "diamonds are a girls bestfriends" they could also be a guy's to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call you sentimental? Not the word which comes to mind dear one..haha.

I think it's just lovely to see her in her rightful place with her RFO,tiara etc

So you think what tiara she wears dictates her 'rightfull place'? Don't quite follow that, infact, she could have worn her wedding tiara and still have retained that 'rightfull place'.

It's just you wanting to see her wear jewels which stir a statement, even if they do look kitsch.lol.

Pulling out the stops diva stylee to shut up the critics

Which would make her look so incredibly foolish darling. "I'll get them back by wearing a good two kilos worth of diamonds".."That'll teach them critics"..lol.

Uh, I don't think so..haha.

Last edited:
Nice photo, Warren. Wonder what happened to the platinum rinse that was, according to Richard Kay, supposed to be an acknowledgment of all her manifest sins or whatever the story was.

The Duchess look so fantastic. She's even more glamor than the Queen on the banquet at Kampala. I love her! great! just great!

I think Camilla would never try to outshine the Queen. Only because a bigger neckless or some more diamonds? Not possible in my opinion.
Both Ladies looked so great and so much royal. The Queen is always the Queen but Camilla arrives at her rightful place in the royal family!
She looked so lovely and i hope to see more of those generous outfits!:)

she looked awful in my opinion, it was all to much and that necklace what was she thinking!!! necklace to big and tiara to big, it wouldnt hurt camilla to tone things down for once on the diamonds side but i can wish cant i. I get the impression shes trying to make a statement with always wearing these huge tiaras and all these dismonds.

Warren - take my heart, take my mind and take a fiver for your trouble. Those pictures are just fabulous. The first one is most definately going on the wall.

....... necklace to big and tiara to big ......
No! Just right!

We have to remember that these photos are Head-and-Shoulders only and can, of course, look totally out of proportion. You need a really good shot of her from the pinnacle of the Bucheron to the tip of her toes to get the "real picture".

I get the impression shes trying to make a statement with always wearing these huge tiaras and all these dismonds.
Well we will definitely have to agree to disagree. If anyone is making a statement here it is the Queen!

The Queen and the Queen alone made the decision to give (the use of) those jewels to her Daughter-In-Law. And, lets face it, with all the whinging snipers (the press, the Anti-Camilla Brigade, etc.) around I don't think the Queen would be backward about coming forward and telling Camilla if she thought the "Demi-Parure" was over the top.

To my mind I think Queen and Camilla looked both wonderful and personality perfect!

ps I think those earrings were a stunning choice.

Last edited:
she looked awful in my opinion, it was all to much and that necklace what was she thinking!!! necklace to big and tiara to big, it wouldn't hurt Camilla to tone things down for once on the diamonds side but i can wish cant i. I get the impression shes trying to make a statement with always wearing these huge tiaras and all these diamonds.

I'm with you Leonie - far too much for one outfit (the shiny dress just doesn't suit that much bling)

It all looks like a Miss World contest with that much at one time. Not to drag up old stories, but I remember the time when someone was accused of upstaging the Queen simply by having a new hairstyle, and was vilified in all the press....

Not to drag up old stories, but I remember the time when someone was accused of upstaging the Queen simply by having a new hairstyle, and was vilified in all the press....
Yes, but in that case HM wasn't responsible for the new hairstyle. In this case the DOC is wearing jewels most likely only with the permission and approval of the Queen.

Whether one likes the look or not is a matter of personal taste. The claim of "upstaging" is more difficult to sustain when the jewels have been loaned for the occasion by HM herself. This is more or less a re-run of the same argument that took place when the DOC first wore the Delhi Durbar Tiara at Buckingham Palace way back in November 2005.

Yes, but in that case HM wasn't responsible for the new hairstyle. In this case the DOC is wearing jewels most likely only with the permission and approval of the Queen.

Whether one likes the look or not is a matter of personal taste. The claim of "upstaging" is more difficult to sustain when the jewels have been loaned for the occasion by HM herself. This is more or less a re-run of the same argument that took place when the DOC first wore the Delhi Durbar Tiara at Buckingham Palace way back in November 2005.

I know - but I can't help imagining HM with a wry smile (smirk?), offering the gaudiest stuff from the vaults - "Here dear - you'll look LOVELY in this...." :rolleyes:

When did the Queen become Bette Davis?

Serious diamonds there! That will sort out all the anti-Camilla crew once and for all. All the jewels were clearly with the approval of the Queen. Sure it was all a bit over the top, but being royal dressing is never a picture of restraint!

Thanks Warren for the Pictures. The both look perfect! How much bling can the queen wear when her dress’s lace sits so high. Camilla with the simple scoop neckline could afford more sparkle

Impressive is the word, she looks gorgeous in all these diamonds

I know - but I can't help imagining HM with a wry smile (smirk?), offering the gaudiest stuff from the vaults - "Here dear - you'll look LOVELY in this...." :rolleyes:

Now that's a funny thought!!! :lol::lol: Her Most Gracious Majesty wouldn't dream of it, I'm sure..haha.​
The earrings were just wrong.. a clutter of rocks no matter how expensive and the necklace resembled a diamond bib.​
I think if she had have worn the same taira, the late QM's diamond drop earrings and perhaps a diamond brooch rested aptly in the middle of her gown's bust, then I'd certainly be of a different mind.​

And I don't think her posture helped as such. I've noted the Duchess as having somewhat of a slouch (relatively minor) in her shoulders when she walks at times.​

Last edited:
I think if she had have worn the same taira, the late QM's diamond drop earrings and perhaps a diamond brooch rested aptly in the middle of her gown's bust, then I'd certainly be of a different mind.
A décolletage brooch? There's an idea! Since Camilla seems to be game for these things, how about one of Queen Mary's stomachers?

Not necessarily the full set or one of the whoppers (or why not? :D), but something that would allow a lesser necklace than the 5-strand, while retaining the same shimmering diamond bling. :)

My thought exactly, Warren.

Or even perhaps the diamond waterfall/cascade brooch (?)

I think stomachers (depending on the style) or brooches to be a wonderful assest to many a royal woman's bodice. They quite ofte than not appear more delicate and feminine than any other piece of jewellery worn.

I'm truly not all that savvy with computers (I still don't know how to re organise tags even though Warren attempted to aide my struggle), as such, but quite some time ago when I was home ill from work I spent a good few hours (how sad.lol.) putting together this picture. I sent it to BeatrixFan who loved it, so it must have been reasonably agreeable..lol.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/mm.jpg

To me, this concept represents a 'perfect' looking Duchess of Cornwall.

Last edited:
That full length photo of the Duchess wearing all the diamonds looks spectactular! It really is all about proportion; perhaps the shorter three strand would have looked slightly better, but in all truth, I have to say I have been waiting for the five strand to reappear and with the Boucheron!!!!! I thought it was breathtaking. She looked lovely and regal.
And Warren, that closeup pic of the necklace--I was mesmerized seeing the piece that close up. Thank you!

I have a wonderful feeling that more of the jewels will be making their appearance with the Duchess soon. How wonderful it is to see these jewels being USED. HM has been in a rut for years!

It seems that by use of the jewels that a) The POW is showing the public that Camilla could be an elegant queen and b) showing the world exactly how royalty should wear their jewels :lol:

To be honest, seeing the picture of the full effect has me convinced and I'm an American!

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/mm.jpg
To me, this concept represents a 'perfect' looking Duchess of Cornwall.

She looks like a very sophisticated Duchess in the photobucket photo. I wonder if she only can use the jewelry the Queen gives her? The necklace she wore just had too many rows. It really took away from her whole look. I wonder if she could change the royal jewelry like Diana did?

I wish she could see this touch up photo. She would be really thrilled that a royalist made a becoming photo of her.:flowers:

One should not forget that the people apparent at Commonwealth meetings come from countries where much is good and the more the better. In India and Pakistan still the old, rich families reign and in Africa Europeans and especially Royals are requested to look the part if they want to be accepted. Plus the Queen is trying to establish Charles' claim as her successor as head of the Commonwealth which is not an automatic happening but he has to win a voting for it after the queen's death. Thus she must have her own interests in presenting Camilla not only as her daughter-in-law but as the wife of her heir, the next queen. What better occasion than such a glittering event? Camilla showed to all and sundry that she at least has the biggest balls (ah, diamonds...) of all the women who could become the next First Lady of the Commonwealth.

It was a political statement, IMHO, just like the wearing of this enormous necklace in the US. Her personal style is not so colonial/imperialistic, but she dresses according to the occasion.

The necklace she wore just had too many rows. It really took away from her whole look.
It's not one necklace. They are two seperate necklaces of the same design, worn together. The short Greville necklace has three rows, the long Greville necklace two rows. Would have been easy (and more elegant) to leave one in the vault.
I wonder if she could change the royal jewelry like Diana did?
Diana never changed any Winsor jewelry given to her. Even the large Burmese sapphire brooch she turned into the center piece of her signature choker remained convertible back into a brooch.

It's not one necklace. They are two separate necklaces of the same design, worn together. The short Greville necklace has three rows, the long Greville necklace two rows. Would have been easy (and more elegant) to leave one in the vault.

Diana never changed any Windsor jewelry given to her. Even the large Burmese sapphire brooch she turned into the center piece of her signature choker remained convertible back into a brooch.

Quite so - even the sapphire & blue velvet "headband" was exactly the way it was given to her, except she wore it on her head not at her neck as a choker. It is often wrongly stated that she altered this from a watch, but the two were distinct and separate items. Both are pictured in illustrations of the wedding gifts and I personally saw them both on display at the public exhibition of the wedding gifts. :flowers:

It's not one necklace. They are two seperate necklaces of the same design, worn together. The short Greville necklace has three rows, the long Greville necklace two rows. Would have been easy (and more elegant) to leave one in the vault.

I really agree the three rows would have been enough.

Thank you for telling me about Princess Diana's jewelry not being altered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom