The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Aristocracy

5rows

The Queen Mother wore the 5 rows at least twice(Danish visit and French president visit)
She chose to wear lately the smaller version because of her age. The 5 rows would have been too heavy, physically!
I'm sure that later the Duchess will wear the smaller versions, too.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post
Did someone following this thread get their wish: Camilla wearing a double dose of the Queen Mother's Mrs. Greville legacy...looks like it's the Boucheron tiara again along with the ENTIRE five strands of the famous Greville necklace. Wow!

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Loving It! GO GIRL!

Old 11-23-2007, 08:27 PM

WOW. Just wow. Amazing. Just fabulous. With the blue dress, the RFO, the tiara and the Greville necklace........every inch a Royal Highness.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

She's not going to earn many brownie points if she outshone the Queen, though. For that neckline, the three strands would have been plenty.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:23 PM

Oh don't be stingy, if you're going to wear three then go the whole hog and wear three. If she outshone the Queen then thats the Queen's fault - she should have blinged up.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla shouldn't even be trying to outshine Her Majesty she isn't Queen yet.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
if you're going to wear three then go the whole hog and wear three.
Oh what rubbish, Sam!! You're taste in what works and what doesn't is starting to 'surprise' me, Mr...lol.

And the Queen's fault? .lol...you're humour is certainly unique!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Royal Highness

I think that HM is the one who lent the necklace to Camilla, so we don't need to worry about Camilla trying to outshine the Queen and upsetting HM. Obviously, this was fine with the Queen.

Now, WOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I've been wanting to see that combination again for a long time. I love it on Camilla, she looks fantastic, and I think it is just even futher solidifying her future role as Consort.
However, and I do hate to say it, but a more flattering neckline would have worked better, I think.
Which earrings is she wearing? That Getty Watermark is obscuring my vision!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
She's not going to earn many brownie points if she outshone the Queen, though. For that neckline, the three strands would have been plenty.
Duchess of Cornwall will never outshine Her Majesty, who might be regarded as a impeccable monarch and person.

The Boucheron tiara suited Duchess of Cornwall well. “A double dose of the Queen Mother's Mrs. Greville legacy” (Lady Bluffton, 2007, post#16) looked way too heavy on her. I would not be surprised seeing such pileup of rocks on the Brunei royal ladies or the ladies of the Persian Gulf countries. In my personal opinion, a smaller necklace or less strands would have looked much better.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Oh what rubbish, Sam!! You're taste in what works and what doesn't is starting to 'surprise' me, Mr...lol.

And the Queen's fault? .lol...you're humour is certainly unique!
Well, there's good taste and there's pulling out the stops diva stylee to shut up the critics. Ok, so the ensemble wasn't perfect fashion wise but it was just so right for Camilla and as Al Bina says, the Queen gave Camilla the rocks so she must have been happy for her to use them. I still think she looked fab, I love Camilla in what she wore......oh hell, I just love Camilla. Seriously, I think it's just lovely to see her in her rightful place with her RFO, tiara etc. Just gives me a warm feeling. Call me sentimental if you like but at the end of the day, I'm just a mo who likes diamonds on a gorgeous lady.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Everyone loves diamonds, Marilyn Monroe was wrong to say that "diamonds are a girls bestfriends" they could also be a guy's to.
Old 11-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Call you sentimental? Not the word which comes to mind dear one..haha.

Quote:
I think it's just lovely to see her in her rightful place with her RFO,tiara etc
So you think what tiara she wears dictates her 'rightfull place'? Don't quite follow that, infact, she could have worn her wedding tiara and still have retained that 'rightfull place'.

It's just you wanting to see her wear jewels which stir a statement, even if they do look kitsch.lol.

Quote:
Pulling out the stops diva stylee to shut up the critics
Which would make her look so incredibly foolish darling. "I'll get them back by wearing a good two kilos worth of diamonds".."That'll teach them critics"..lol.

Uh, I don't think so..haha.

Old 11-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Aristocracy

Too much....too soon!
Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Administrator

In case the previous Getty link fails at a later stage, and to place this on the record...
Courtesy of Lys from RJOTWMB.
The second pic is courtesy of Iceflower.

CHOGM, Uganda November 2007

° ° °
Old 11-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Nice photo, Warren. Wonder what happened to the platinum rinse that was, according to Richard Kay, supposed to be an acknowledgment of all her manifest sins or whatever the story was.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Aristocracy

The Duchess look so fantastic. She's even more glamor than the Queen on the banquet at Kampala. I love her! great! just great!
Old 11-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She's even more glamor than the Queen on the banquet at Kampala
My point exactly

Old 11-24-2007, 03:05 AM
Royal Highness

I think Camilla would never try to outshine the Queen. Only because a bigger neckless or some more diamonds? Not possible in my opinion.
Both Ladies looked so great and so much royal. The Queen is always the Queen but Camilla arrives at her rightful place in the royal family!
She looked so lovely and i hope to see more of those generous outfits!
Old 11-24-2007, 04:32 AM
Commoner

she looked awful in my opinion, it was all to much and that necklace what was she thinking!!! necklace to big and tiara to big, it wouldnt hurt camilla to tone things down for once on the diamonds side but i can wish cant i. I get the impression shes trying to make a statement with always wearing these huge tiaras and all these dismonds.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:59 AM

Warren - take my heart, take my mind and take a fiver for your trouble. Those pictures are just fabulous. The first one is most definately going on the wall.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery