Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:07 AM
Administrator

Glitter pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
The earrings are not new. She wore them in the USA on her first trip.
And here's the pic. She wore them again, with the necklace, in London a few weeks later.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:50 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla wore a very special necklace yesterday, when she had engagements with Charles in Qatar.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7339...7C5022FB410D56

(picture original posted by Skydragon in the thread: Charles & Camilla´s visit Kuwait...)

Does anybody have seen it before, or know more about it?

Old 02-23-2007, 05:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
And here's the pic. She wore them again, with the necklace, in London a few weeks later.
Do you know who gave her this jewelry?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Mmmm, I was so taken with the necklace that I failed to notice such a minor detail as earrings!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Wow!!!!! Absolutely fabulous. I think I must be slipping not to have noted that little ensemble!

My eyes are glazing over from the sheer brilliance of the jewels in that photo. One of the few photos that really shows diamonds as they are, almost alive with brilliance.

Camilla really does have the knack of wearing fabulous gems with panache.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Courtier

There is a clearer picture of the Duchess' diamond dangle earrings and necklace on this site:
Cornwall1
Scroll to the bottom.

The earrings and necklace remind me of a Harry Winston design.

Best regards,

Ayvee
Old 02-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Courtier

For once I am going to eat my words. I think the earings are just overdone and need to be toned down. Horrors, but all those diamonds are superb, but she needs to take off one or two of the thingies at the bottom of the earings, the things are too long. Now how is that for nitpicking??? Cheers.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Courtier

Wink Trimming down the earrings....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Parkman
For once I am going to eat my words. I think the earings are just overdone and need to be toned down. Horrors, but all those diamonds are superb, but she needs to take off one or two of the thingies at the bottom of the earings, the things are too long. Now how is that for nitpicking??? Cheers.
...maybe nitpicking, .. ... or were you hoping to pick up the odd one or two stones she throws out perhaps?
Old 02-23-2007, 05:31 PM
Courtier

I think she has the age and the class to wear diamonds. IMO no necklace or earrings can be to much on her. I love her blings.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is certainly a look Camilla can get away with. The whole ensemble is stunning!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari
It's not been revealed, but is very likely to have been gifts from the Middle Eastern sheiks or the Saudis.

She certainly is building up quite a spectacular collection!
Old 02-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Courtier

If you've got it...

Well dear Members,

Camilla may well be the continuation of the spiritual (?) lineage of the dauntless and totally beyond brazen Queen Mary. If you've got it flaunt it say I. Of course with those earings I would have more respect if they had hung down to her waist and then we could been stunned by everything. In any case the woman is certainly not boring. Given the seething flame she has so far presented to the world we will no doubt spend many more happy hours oggling her latest toys and trinkets. Cheers.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Commoner

the saudi ruby necklace look great on her!it was elegant
Old 02-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari
Prince Al-Waleed of Saudi Arabia. Here is a link to the story.
Along with the rubies were a sapphire parure and an emerald parure. Imagine.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Oh my God!!! This is priceless. Warren, you have hit the jackpot again. You really are spoiling the lot of us. The Camilla has not only a ruby trinket but a sapphire parure and an emerald parure. GasP!!!! Please correct me, but I thought that a complete parure has not only necklace and earings but tiara as well. Does this mean she has more tiaras??? I shall now have to go off my diet and start troughing out on the chocolate again to control my excitement.

So we now have to await in drooling and breathless anticipation at the next bash that Camilla attends bedecked in goodies. I just love both emeralds and sapphires more than rubies, although I do not object to rubies overmuch except in the Wurtemburg State Ruby Halloween Horror. But she will be a sight to see indeeed.

But the story about Fawcett the Fence is just hilarious. Leave it to the royals, an undending entertainment. And after all what on earth is Charles to do with all that junk anyway??? Have his pet yak feeding on the lawn at High Grove??
And the story of William getting a pair of swim trunks in New Zealand is a riot. Never a dull moment around here, now is there????? Cheers.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
... I thought that a complete parure has not only necklace and earings but tiara as well. Does this mean she has more tiaras???
A 'parure' just means a matched set; a 'complete parure' would most likely include a tiara. Camilla received mere 'parures', albeit three of them. Note that the ruby gift is also described as a parure, so there are likely more pieces besides the necklace. Apparently the Saudis are fond of necklaces and earrings etc, tiaras less so. Pity.

Whatever the detail, three parures in one hit is a mark of very high esteem for the Prince of Wales, and his wife, from the Saudi Royal Family.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Courtier

Well, Warren I have looked at the picture of Camilla of the Ruby Breastplate and I cannot for the life of me see where she was even wearing any earings. Her massive maine of blonde or possibly faux blonde hair has completely covered her illustrious ears. I think if I had earings to match that contraption I would have shaved my head and painted it blue to match the gemstones bedecking me. So this so called ruby "parure has only a measley 37 ruby and diamond necklance to it??? I am, to say the least, disappointed. Cheers.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla's sparkle in Amsterdam

Last weekend we have seen some oldfashioned royal sparkle in Oslo. Sadly the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall had duties overseas and could not attend the King's 70th birthday.

I must say I missed the Prince and the Duchess because it would be lovely to see a magically bejewelled Camilla of Cornwall beaming amongst the royal and noble guests.

Maybe there will be a grand Court Ball in the Royal Palace Amsterdam, for Queen Beatrix' 70th birthday (January 31st 2008). The Royal Palace has (and is still) closed for major renovations (the Queen ordered 40 luxe suites to be re-created on the third floor) and I really, really hope to see the Prince and the Duchess entering the gigantic marble Citizen's Hall sparkling in her best jewellery, reflected by thousands of gentle candles...

I'm sure Amsterdam will welcome them with great enthusiasm and cheer. Like Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip have been given a warm welcome a few weeks ago! An eventual Court Ball in Amsterdam is the first royal occasion I can think of, to see Camilla of Cornwall mingle with other royal guests in full gala.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I have looked at the picture of Camilla of the Ruby Breastplate and I cannot for the life of me see where she was even wearing any earings... So this so called ruby "parure has only a measley 37 ruby and diamond necklance to it??? I am, to say the least, disappointed. Cheers.
We've seen one necklace. Apart from that, we have no details as to what pieces comprise each of the parures, and we may never know.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee
There is a clearer picture of the Duchess' diamond dangle earrings and necklace on this site:
Cornwall1
Scroll to the bottom. The earrings and necklace remind me of a Harry Winston design.
Call me nuts, but these earrings and necklace remind me of the set worn by the Queen pictured in the Q E II Brooches thread. Post 2, Top Right.

Very similar, same style.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery