Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 3: Nov 2005 - Feb 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Camilla's boobs

It is remarkable that from let's say King Louis XIII until Queen Victoria all royal and noble ladies took honour in presenting their powdered bonbonella's to everyone in the Palace. Remarkable that in the third millennium people are complaining about Camilla's splendour (I do not only mean the glitzing diamonds and rubies).

Come on ladies, it is 2007!

Haveing said that: Victorian morale was suffocating at the British Court while (see the old pictures) on the Continent the ladies continued with the super-feminine mode (think about Sissi). Also in commoner's life you see this (the dirndl dresses in Germany, Austria, Switzerland).

:flowers:

Last edited:
Henri M said:
Remarkable that in the third millennium people are complaining about Camilla's splendour (I do not mean the jewels). Come on ladies, it is 2007 :flowers:
Ah! You forget this is the age of heroine chic, of rail thin bodies and consequentially, minds! :wacko:
One is only allowed 'splendour' if it comes courtesy of a Plastic Surgeon! :ROFLMAO:

Do you think it was wise for Camilla to show that much clevage especially at her age?

If you've got it... ;) :)

In saying that I don't believe Camilla exhibited her breasts to any great extent. All we saw was but a bit of cleavage and as has been mentioned, this piece of jewellery must be worn with an outfit by where the neckline is arched.

Look at Dame Helen Mirren (I make reference to her only because she is a Dame.lol.) at the Golden Globes. She looked exquisite and did not shy away from a plunging open neckline. She made it work and her breasts made it work..it was wonderful! And she is older than Camilla too.

When done tastefully it works and I think Camilla did an alright job of managing what's reasonable and what's not.

Breasts and diamonds! Boy do I know alot of guys who would not complain :lol: And its nice to think that Charles also gets pleasure from looking at his wife when she's all dressed up. Its nice.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought Helen Mirren was younger than Camilla. Well maybe her boobies did make the neckalace look nicer.
Ewwww this is soo taboo discussing Camilla's chest.

Mirren is older than Cornwall by two years ;) :)

And also, are the earrings Camilla wore to the white tie gala part of the suite given to a Mrs Keppel from Edward VII?

I thought so but can't be certain.

Last edited:
IMO, I think the necklace would be better suited as a tiara. I seems to weigh Camilla down. I don't think the dress is inappropriate, although I do think that the necklace drew too much attention away from her face to her breasts and that's way everyone seems to think the dress was not up to royal standards. I bet if you put it on as a tiara, you wouldn't notice her breasts at all in the same dress.

princess gertrude said:
IMO, I think the necklace would be better suited as a tiara. I seems to weigh Camilla down. I don't think the dress is inappropriate, although I do think that the necklace drew too much attention away from her face to her breasts and that's way everyone seems to think the dress was not up to royal standards. I bet if you put it on as a tiara, you wouldn't notice her breasts at all in the same dress.

I also, would favour its conversion into a tiara. It would look amazing imo :)

Madame Royale said:
I also, would favour its conversion into a tiara. It would look amazing imo :)

If it were, I'd like to see the spikes shortened. The bits taken off could then be made into a brooch or earrings, or maybe both.

If she wore it as a tiara as it is, it would be huge. I think she'd be accused of trying to look like the Statue of Liberty!

I rather like the necklace. Nice and substantial with a simple cut dress.

The cleavage wasn't that shocking.

Roslyn said:
If it were, I'd like to see the spikes shortened. The bits taken off could then be made into a brooch or earrings, or maybe both.

If she wore it as a tiara as it is, it would be huge. I think she'd be accused of trying to look like the Statue of Liberty!

Really? I think if it were worn as a tiara that the height should remain as is. Perhaps using the featured spikes and ruby's as the actual tiara but keeping (what seems to me and as Warren pointed out the possibility) the circular part of the necklace as the necklace.

Roslyn said:

The photoshopped photos do look as though she's wearing a peacock on her head. That thing is bigger than the Delhi Durbar tiara; I should think it'd be awfully heavy.

Elspeth said:
The photoshopped photos do look as though she's wearing a peacock on her head. That thing is bigger than the Delhi Durbar tiara; I should think it'd be awfully heavy.

You would probably be surprised to find out how light in weight it infact is, Elspeth.

I wish I would start documenting interesting titbits of information that I come across. I do know that the Poltimore tiara, the Queen Desiree parure and even the Brazilian diadem worn by Queen Silvia are all of light weight. You wouldn't necessarily think that so, but it's rather deceiving.

My guess is that the neckalce, if worn as a tiara, really wouldn't be that heavy at all. Perhaps It could do with the removal of a row but nothing drastic :)

Last edited:
sirhon11234 said:
Do you think it was wise for Camilla to show that much clevage especially at her age?
What has age got to do with it? :lol:

I think remodelling it would be a bit of an insult to the person who gave it to Camilla. If it came from a Head of State in the Middle East, I think it would send a message that she didn't really care about the necklace, just the diamonds and rubies. I don't think HRH is like that so I don't think it'll be turned into a tiara any time soon.

Skydragon said:
What has age got to do with it? :lol:
Well at a certain age the skin is not as taut and the flesh is not as firm, giving an overripe look. A slightly higher neckline might be more flattering.

I also don't think it should be turned into a tiara. It would definintely insult the gift givers. I think she looked good and I loved the necklace to me camilla can carry off big neklaces .

BeatrixFan said:
I think remodelling it would be a bit of an insult to the person who gave it to Camilla. If it came from a Head of State in the Middle East, I think it would send a message that she didn't really care about the necklace, just the diamonds and rubies. I don't think HRH is like that so I don't think it'll be turned into a tiara any time soon.
Many of those large necklaces can be converted to tiaras without any damage. And the BRF has been known to reset jewels in the past. Also, any good jeweler would be able to adapt the setting so that certain sections are removable to be worn as clips or pendants, etc.

scooter said:
Well at a certain age the skin is not as taut and the flesh is not as firm, giving an overripe look. A slightly higher neckline might be more flattering.
Not on everybody and it is not necessarily an age related phenomenon. There are many men and women of tender years who would be well advised to cover up. :flowers:

It might be nice to turn the collar into a tiara and leave the rest as a necklace I suppose.

BeatrixFan said:
It might be nice to turn the collar into a tiara and leave the rest as a necklace I suppose.

I agree that it could be a very nice tiara. And maybe it will happen.
But it was a present and so it was the right way to wear the necklace before turning it into something else.
And again: She´s a woman who can wear it! She looks stunning with the dress, the neckline, the necklace!:flowers:

Skydragon said:
Not on everybody and it is not necessarily an age related phenomenon. There are many men and women of tender years who would be well advised to cover up. :flowers:
Absolutely! Many younger women who have had children or gained and lost a lot of weight have the same issue. My feeling is if its firm(ish) go for it! But anything crepe-y is better off left to the imagination at any age!

Last edited:
Does Camilla have her own tiara?

Empress said:
Does Camilla have her own tiara? And if so where did she get it and does anyone have a phot?
I read that HRH The Prince Charles purchased a tiara for HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. It was a replica of her great, great grandmother's, Alice Keppel, given her by HM King Edward VII. The diamonds in the tiara, according to the article, were real, but the rubies were facsimiles.
Rather interesting to say the least. :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Camilla also has (in her possession or on loan from her brother?) the diamond tiara she wore to her first wedding and the one her daughter wore to hers.

The Duchess wore this tiara to the Diplomatic Reception in 2006 I believe?

Last edited:
Ashcombe-Keppel Heirloom

Madame Royale said:
Camilla also has (in her her possession or on loan from her brother?) the diamond tiara she wore to her first wedding and the one her daughter wore to hers.

The Duchess wore this tiara to the Diplomatic Reception in 2006 I believe?

It was her wedding diademe (first wedding) and indeed the Duchess wore this sparkling diademe again during a reception for the Corps Diplomatique in 2006. I have seen that in a documentary on BBC.

I thought the diademe was a wedding gift and a heirloom via Camilla's mother, the honourable Rosalind Maud Shand née Cubitt.

Camilla's mother is born in the marriage of Roland Calvert Cubitt, Baron Ashcombe and of Sonia Rosemary Cubitt, Baroness Ashcombe née Keppel.

Henri M. said:
It was her wedding diademe (first wedding) and indeed the Duchess wore this sparkling diademe again during a reception for the Corps Diplomatique in 2006. I have seen that in a documentary on BBC.

I thought the diademe was a wedding gift and a heirloom via Camilla's mother, the honourable Rosalind Maud Shand née Cubitt.

Camilla's mother is born in the marriage of Roland Calvert Cubitt, Baron Ashcombe and of Sonia Rosemary Cubitt, Baroness Ashcombe née Keppel.
It was not in 2006, Henri.M, it was in 2005 actually. Last year, the Duchess of Cornwall did not attend the Reception.

The Duchess has Queen Mary's Delhi Durbar and The Queen Mother's Cartier Diamond Tiaras for her use as well.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
It was not in 2006, Henri.M, it was in 2005 actually. Last year, the Duchess of Cornwall did not attend the Reception.

Oh yes, New Year has passed again, you are absolutely right... it was in 2005.

:flowers:

Ashcombe or Keppel (Albemarle) heirloom

The glittering diademe is believed to be a heirloom from Camilla's family. It can have been inherited via both the grandpaternal Cubitt line (Barons Ashcombe) or the grandmaternal Keppel line (Earls of Albemarle).

Maybe nice to know that Van Keppel was (and is) a very old Dutch noble family and there is a Castle of Keppel near the village of Keppel in the east of the Netherlands. And the Lords of Keppel also owned Voorst Estate, close to the old castle.

In 1697 the Dutch nobleman Arnold-Joost van Keppel, Lord Van Voorst and Acquoy was created Earl of Albemarle, Viscount Bury, Baron Ashford.
Camilla's grandmother Sonia Rosemary Cubitt, Baroness Ashcombe née Keppel does descend from this Dutch/British noble family.

So the diademe can have its roots in one of the two noble families.

Last edited:
As I stated in another thread [quite errantly, I might add], I didn't know what was more ostentatious; the necklace or her bosoms. I thought both were a little much.

Now before anyone comes after me saying I'm being ageist or some such malarkey, allow me to say that I don't want to see ANYONE'S boobs, I don't care who you are or how old you are. Especially if you're royal.....cover those things up. If I didn't like it on Princess Madeleine, who's my age...might I add, I won't want to see it on a woman who is about my mother's age. That necklace is going to stand out no matter what kind of dress you're wearing, so I don't necessarily believe a low-cut neckline is absolutely needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom