The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Yes, it is. I think they want to show the world, that Camilla is completely involved to the family and will be Queen Consort. With Diana everybody thought, this is naturally. But Camilla had to fight for her position.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the Queen has been more generous over all recently. I think in a way the Queen has come into her own and is letting go of the old ways. Before the Queen Mum was still head of the family and had major influence but the Queen is much more generous now.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

P. Charles is much closer to the throne than he was when he was married to Diana. It is imperative that Charles and whoever he is married to be treated as the King and Queen to be. The strength of the monarchy is very much dependent on the image of a strong monarch and heir. To treat Charles wife as someone of lesser status would just undermine the royal family. She is after all just a breath away from being Queen consort.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Gentry

well.. camilla is just so lucky! even if the queen did not like her, she will have the queen's support no matter what..
Old 04-24-2006, 05:05 AM
Courtier

The emerald colour ruins the rest colour of her attire. Individualy, it is a beautiful piece of jewelry. http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=...0423094642.jpg
Old 04-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I didnt think it went very well with her outfit either.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Nobility

I think it is wonderful that these magnificent pieces are no longer gathering dust. So many royal jewels have disappeared completely and it is a crying shame. The jewels are one of the best things about "following" royalty. We haven't seen a good part of the queen mum's collection for years and years, not to mention Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary. I'd love to see the Ruby parure the Queen Mum used to wear with the Indian tiara and what about all the jewels Queen Mary "bought" from Grand Duchess Xenia that belonged to Empress Marie?

Load it on Camilla! I'd love to see her rigged up like Queen Mary used to be with 3 chokers and 10 necklaces!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

The emerald pin exquisite. Art Deco design so presumbly from years ago.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Courtier

IMO to wear spectacular jewels is not her style. She shows so less as possible, but selected pieces. And of course she has her favourites (Charles`coat of arms, the snake necklace, some pearl necklaces, her wedding earrings...)
Old 05-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Tiara!

We've been looking for a decent pic of the tiara Camilla wore at her wedding and at a Buckingham Palace function late last year. Now that her daughter Laura has worn it to her own wedding, we have better pics.

courtesy Getty Images & Tamara at GREMB

The Cubitt (now Shand) Tiara

Old 05-07-2006, 01:24 PM

It's rather stunning. Thankyou Warren.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Does the tiara belong exclusively to the Duchess? Or is it a part of the Queen's collection?
Old 05-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
Does the tiara belong exclusively to the Duchess? Or is it a part of the Queen's collection?
It's the family tiara owned by either Camilla or her brother, and if the latter, it's borrowed as required.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
It has never been part of the Queens collection, it is privately owned by the Shand family.:)
Old 05-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Thanks Skydragon. I didn't know and didn't want to think that the Duchess would loan out a tiara that belonged to the royal family. But I should know better than to think Camilla would do something so tacky. Common sense momentarily left me for a second.:o

Nontheless, I think the tiara is lovely.:)
Old 05-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Camilla loaned her first wedding tiara, the Cubbit now Shand tiara to her daughter Laura for her wedding. This looks like a converted necklace, does anyone else know if it was a necklace at one time?
Old 05-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Commoner

Camill's tiara

I have a question. The tiara that Camilla wore at her wedding is a family possesion. Is it a family heirloom or is it a recent purchase? Also does Camilla have royalty in her family background who wore this? It is such a pretty piece but after looking ,and drooling, I might add, at all of her jewels, this one has me stumped as to where it originated from.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Commoner

Years ago, King Edward 8th (the Duke of Windsor) gave Wallis Simpson jewellery that was passed down that was supposed to go to the next queen. Wallis kept this jewellery, but some of it was stolen. The rumour at the time was "someone in England" arranged this heist to get the jewels back into royal hands. My question is, has any of the jewellery shown up yet, and if so, will it go to Camilla even though she won't be queen?
Old 05-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Edward VIII never gave Wallis any jewels that belonged to the Crown Collection. As Prince of Wales, he received many priceless uncut rubies, emeralds, sapphires and diamonds over the years from the Indian princes during his tours of the Raj. These were utilized to create many pieces of jewelry for Wallis, mostly by Cartier, and later Van Cleef & Arpels.

He also purchased a number of pieces in the 50's from Harry Winston for Wallis.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Royal Highness

I heard a few years ago that Wallis's jewells were auctioned off at Christie's after her death by her relatives.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery