The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 03:45 AM
Gentry

some of us learn the hard way about love...that...until you walk a mile in another man's shoes...

I still don't want her to become Queen, but I do like the way she's presenting herself. I don't know that it's the money that becomes her, I think it truly is the huge hurdle she and Prince Charles have cleared.

I'm just tickled to see the cobwebs blown of some jewels and brought out into the light again. The Durbar....oooo one of my 5 all time fav's. But the Boucheron did suit Camilla far better than the other two she's worn so far.

Old 03-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Nobility

I am still not a fan of Camilla and share your views.

Now back to her jewels.
I think she needs two diamond necklace and pairs of earring to complete her
jewelry box.

Old 03-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere
I am still not a fan of Camilla and share your views.

Now back to her jewels.
I think she needs two diamond necklace and pairs of earring to complete her
jewelry box.
We just have to be patient. We haven't seen the necklace Camilla was wearing with the honeycomb tiara on that State banquet. It could be one of the Queen's ?
The Queen has loaned two important diamond necklaces to Diana : the scroll and the modern sunray necklaces (both gifts from Saudi Arabia). She will probably do the same with Camilla, at least... The 3 to 5 row diamond necklace the Queen Mother inherited from Mrs. Greville could show off soon.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was also thinking of the 3 to 5 row diamond necklace. Its a serious piece of jewelry but when i saw her wearing the honeycomb tiara I though thay she might also be wearing that necklace too. The necklace she wore at the banquet is the diamond necklace she wore in San Franciso.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I was also thinking of the 3 to 5 row diamond necklace. Its a serious piece of jewelry but when i saw her wearing the honeycomb tiara I though thay she might also be wearing that necklace too. The necklace she wore at the banquet is the diamond necklace she wore in San Franciso.
There are also the greek key diamond necklace The Queen Mother received as a wedding gift from her husband, or the fringe diamond necklace she inherited from Princess Victoria of Wales. Both of them have never been seen in public. If they still exist, why not show them now ?
Old 03-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

camilla does have a lot of class to wear these magnificent jewels. i think it's proof of how well integrated she is to the family that they let her use any tiaras, including the first tiara she used from the royal house, with ancient history and that no royal wore it in a long time. she looked amazing lately.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 03-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Regardless of whatever the reason that the Queen is loaning these jewels out, I think its good practice for when we all see the Duchess as Queen Camilla. After all, they will be for her exclusive use when she becomes Queen Consort. :)
Old 03-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

When she becomes Queen she will be able to have all the jewels she could dream of. I hope that she continues dusting off these old jewels and showing them off.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
When she becomes Queen she will be able to have all the jewels she could dream of. I hope that she continues dusting off these old jewels and showing them off.
Me too. Some of these I'd never seen before. I'm sure there is much more to come!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Diamonds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaŽl LE BOLLOCQ
We haven't seen the necklace Camilla was wearing with the honeycomb tiara on that State banquet.
As Princejohnny25 said, the necklace Camilla wore with the Boucheron Tiara is the same she wore in San Francisco. Here's a pic.
courtesy Tim Graham/Getty Images

Duchess of Cornwall Diamond Necklace & Earrings

Old 03-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks Warren for the great pic. Off the subject but she has a beautiful face or at least in that pic. Close-ups tend to reveal more than we want them to but she looks stunning in this one.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
As Princejohnny25 said, the necklace Camilla wore with the Boucheron Tiara is the same she wore in San Francisco. Here's a pic. [post #53]
Thank you Warren ! I like that one (it would have looked much better than the snake one with the Durbar tiara...). Camilla and the Queen share the taste of this design of necklace (The Queen has many !). The earrings look like the Queen's ?
Have you seen Camilla with The Queen Mother's diamond ribbon bow (see Charles and Camilla picture thread) ?
Old 03-26-2006, 05:12 AM
Administrator

Here is a diamond brooch formerly owned by the Queen Mother and worn by the Duchess of Cornwall in Saudi Arabia, March 2006.
pic: Getty Images, cropped from a larger image posted by Tamara at GREMB.

Diamond Flower Brooch

Old 03-26-2006, 07:36 AM

I am just so impressed with Camilla's taste in jewels. I cant wait to see what glittering treat she has for us next. I hope she makes regular appearances in the Boucheron Tiara though, I'll never get sick of looking at it. So pretty and sparkling!
Old 04-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Not true. It was widely reported after The Queen Mother's death that all of her jewels and private possessions were left to The Queen. Whatever jewels of The Queen Mother we see now on Camilla are gifts (or loans) from The Queen.
But Camillas engagement ring was from the queen mother, and i could'nt think of Charles to ask his mother to give this to his new wife....
And Charlie was her favourite....that's known....
But nobody knows it exactly..Cookies will was never published!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was stated in the press that the Queen Mother's estate was left to the Queen in a tax-free sovereign-to-sovereign transfer. The Queen may well have handed some of the Queen Mother's jewels on to Charles for Camilla and the boys' future fiancees and wives to wear - whether as a gift or just as a loan. No doubt the Queen Mother's will was written for tax purposes, not because she wanted the Queen to have the exclusive use of all her jewellery. The Queen has already let Camilla wear one of the Queen Mother's most recognisable pieces of jewellery (the honeycomb tiara), so it isn't beyond the realms of the possible that she'd have let Charles have some of the Queen Mother's other pieces for when his new wife needed some major jewels.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen has retained the pieces her mother wore as Queen Consort in right of the Crown, such as the George III Diamond Fringe Tiara, Queen Alexandra's pearl and diamond parure, the Indian Ruby Circlet Tiara and Queen Victoria's diamond bracelets.

The rest of the Queen Mother's jewelry was her personal property and The Queen obviously feels it is appropriate for Camilla to have them as a future Queen Consort.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Queen has retained the pieces her mother wore as Queen Consort in right of the Crown, such as the George III Diamond Fringe Tiara, Queen Alexandra's pearl and diamond parure, the Indian Ruby Circlet Tiara and Queen Victoria's diamond bracelets.
All of these pieces are "Crown Jewellery" anyway. Most were left by either Queen Victoria or Queen Mary to "be worn by all future Queens by right".
Old 04-22-2006, 10:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Not true. It was widely reported after The Queen Mother's death that all of her jewels and private possessions were left to The Queen. Whatever jewels of The Queen Mother we see now on Camilla are gifts (or loans) from The Queen.
This reports I know, but what I mean was that she might made short notes how should get what...thats the way I would parten my own collection
Old 04-23-2006, 10:48 AM
Gentry

why do i get the impression the royal family is more generous to the duchess than to diana ??

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery