The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
Just saw The Honeycomb tiara in the Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall thread. Really lovely. Pictures posted by Avalon.
IMO this tiara suits her ten times better than delhi durbar, hope Camilla continues to wear this instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
The Queen has been pretty generous with Camilla and the jewels. Wonder whats next?
I can't wait to see.

Old 03-08-2006, 09:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Looks great on her. She needs a big tiara to work with her hair style.

This tiara was designed by Boucheron for Lady Greville and was given to her good friend, The Queen Mother, as a gift. The Queen Mother took some diamonds she inherited from Queen Mary and had Cartier design additional arches on the top.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Well I like the honey comb tiara much better than the Dehli Dubar tiara but I still think her hair needs to be toned down a bit with these gigantic tiaras. To me big tiaras and big hair are not that flattering. I'd also like to see her in a smaller tiara one of these days. A good tiara choice this time :)
Old 03-09-2006, 06:16 PM

From Getty Images

Anyone know anything about the brooch?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:37 PM

The Duchess of Cornwall's New Brooch was a favourite of the Queen Mother's. Looking through my computer, I have 21 pics of the Queen Mother taken at different times,wearing the brooch.

First Pic from Getty Images, Second from Corbis.Com

Old 03-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Great pics BeatrixFan. Emeralds are my fav!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:15 AM
Administrator

Tiara pic!

This seems to be the ONLY pic of the Duchess of Cornwall wearing the Boucheron diamond tiara given to the Queen Mother by Mrs Greville.
Buckingham Palace reception for the President of Brazil, March 2006.
pic: courtesy Getty Images.

Camilla's debut of the Boucheron diamond tiara

Old 03-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Royal Highness

Oh my, it seems that Camilla is having the cream of the crop, as far as jewellery goes!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

Oh my?! How about OH MY GOD!!!! It is so iridescent, so beautiful. Ah, to be a princess.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Aristocracy

That is a pretty tiara. One of the prettiest I've seen. I don't think she should try on any others anytime soon, it would be better to give us time to get used to how beautiful this one is. I would hate to see a news report on the Duchess's latest tiara. That might be a little tacky. On a different note, these tiaras definately make up for her hair, not that her hair isn't pretty, it's just been the same for so many years. Nice to see a little glamour with her.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melania
That is a pretty tiara. [...] On a different note, these tiaras definately make up for her hair, not that her hair isn't pretty, it's just been the same for so many years. Nice to see a little glamour with her.
Agree. This is quite nice tiara, but with her hair it looks strange like helmet or smth. I know that her hair-do is her recognizable sign, but when she wear those two tiaras she should have another hair-do.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
This seems to be the ONLY pic of the Duchess of Cornwall wearing the Boucheron diamond tiara given to the Queen Mother by Mrs Greville.
Now we know what Camilla's position will be ! She has already worn Queen Mary's Durbar tiara (which had not been since The Queen Mother in the 50's), Queen Alexandra's welsh brooch (idem)... Here are some of the jewels the Queen Mother loved best : her star brooch and the honeycomb tiara ! I think the emerald drop earrings also belonged to the Queen Mother who used to wear them with Mrs. Greville's emerald necklace and her diamond end emerald bracelets. If some of Queen Victoria's jewels show off, Camilla is ready to be the next Queen of England !
Old 03-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Commoner

It is nice to see the Jewels from Queen Mum again. They're really nice. Camilla wear them, as you know that the jewels from the royal collection (indian circlet ruby tiara ...) return to the queen, and parts of the private collection of Queen Mum are inheried by her beloved grandson Prince Charles. (The emerald brooch, the honeycomb tiara, the dehli durbar tiara (which was Queen Mary's own property and many more)
I'm happy to see Camilla in this jewels and may she will suprise us again...
Old 03-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not true. It was widely reported after The Queen Mother's death that all of her jewels and private possessions were left to The Queen. Whatever jewels of The Queen Mother we see now on Camilla are gifts (or loans) from The Queen.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to say that Camilla's jewellry suits her very well. It seems that who ever is making her jewellry selection is doing a fabulous job.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Nobility

The emeralds and Boucheron tiara are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous
Old 03-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

Well, I think QE is definitely sending out a message allowing the Duchess to wear these spectacular works of art!:)
Old 03-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Aristocracy

It might just be me, but I think Camilla is winning us over. Look how wonderful she looks.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:16 AM
Gentry

she now has lots of money, of course she can look good. i know she make charles happy but i do not believe in having your happiness at the expense of someone else...
Old 03-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

who are they not making happy?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery