Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 3: Nov 2005 - Feb 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melania said:
That is a pretty tiara. [...] On a different note, these tiaras definately make up for her hair, not that her hair isn't pretty, it's just been the same for so many years. Nice to see a little glamour with her.

Agree. This is quite nice tiara, but with her hair it looks strange like helmet or smth. I know that her hair-do is her recognizable sign, but when she wear those two tiaras she should have another hair-do.

Warren said:
This seems to be the ONLY pic of the Duchess of Cornwall wearing the Boucheron diamond tiara given to the Queen Mother by Mrs Greville.
Now we know what Camilla's position will be ! She has already worn Queen Mary's Durbar tiara (which had not been since The Queen Mother in the 50's), Queen Alexandra's welsh brooch (idem)... Here are some of the jewels the Queen Mother loved best : her star brooch and the honeycomb tiara ! I think the emerald drop earrings also belonged to the Queen Mother who used to wear them with Mrs. Greville's emerald necklace and her diamond end emerald bracelets. If some of Queen Victoria's jewels show off, Camilla is ready to be the next Queen of England !

Last edited by a moderator:
It is nice to see the Jewels from Queen Mum again. They're really nice. Camilla wear them, as you know that the jewels from the royal collection (indian circlet ruby tiara ...) return to the queen, and parts of the private collection of Queen Mum are inheried by her beloved grandson Prince Charles. (The emerald brooch, the honeycomb tiara, the dehli durbar tiara (which was Queen Mary's own property and many more)
I'm happy to see Camilla in this jewels and may she will suprise us again...

Not true. It was widely reported after The Queen Mother's death that all of her jewels and private possessions were left to The Queen. Whatever jewels of The Queen Mother we see now on Camilla are gifts (or loans) from The Queen.

I would like to say that Camilla's jewellry suits her very well. It seems that who ever is making her jewellry selection is doing a fabulous job.

The emeralds and Boucheron tiara are gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous :D

Well, I think QE is definitely sending out a message allowing the Duchess to wear these spectacular works of art!:)

It might just be me, but I think Camilla is winning us over. Look how wonderful she looks.

she now has lots of money, of course she can look good. i know she make charles happy but i do not believe in having your happiness at the expense of someone else...

who are they not making happy?

some of us learn the hard way about love...that...until you walk a mile in another man's shoes...

I still don't want her to become Queen, but I do like the way she's presenting herself. I don't know that it's the money that becomes her, I think it truly is the huge hurdle she and Prince Charles have cleared.

I'm just tickled to see the cobwebs blown of some jewels and brought out into the light again. The Durbar....oooo one of my 5 all time fav's. But the Boucheron did suit Camilla far better than the other two she's worn so far.

I am still not a fan of Camilla and share your views.

Now back to her jewels.
I think she needs two diamond necklace and pairs of earring to complete her
jewelry box.

rere said:
I am still not a fan of Camilla and share your views.

Now back to her jewels.
I think she needs two diamond necklace and pairs of earring to complete her
jewelry box.

We just have to be patient. We haven't seen the necklace Camilla was wearing with the honeycomb tiara on that State banquet. It could be one of the Queen's ?
The Queen has loaned two important diamond necklaces to Diana : the scroll and the modern sunray necklaces (both gifts from Saudi Arabia). She will probably do the same with Camilla, at least... The 3 to 5 row diamond necklace the Queen Mother inherited from Mrs. Greville could show off soon.

I was also thinking of the 3 to 5 row diamond necklace. Its a serious piece of jewelry but when i saw her wearing the honeycomb tiara I though thay she might also be wearing that necklace too. The necklace she wore at the banquet is the diamond necklace she wore in San Franciso.

Princejohnny25 said:
I was also thinking of the 3 to 5 row diamond necklace. Its a serious piece of jewelry but when i saw her wearing the honeycomb tiara I though thay she might also be wearing that necklace too. The necklace she wore at the banquet is the diamond necklace she wore in San Franciso.

There are also the greek key diamond necklace The Queen Mother received as a wedding gift from her husband, or the fringe diamond necklace she inherited from Princess Victoria of Wales. Both of them have never been seen in public. If they still exist, why not show them now ?

camilla does have a lot of class to wear these magnificent jewels. i think it's proof of how well integrated she is to the family that they let her use any tiaras, including the first tiara she used from the royal house, with ancient history and that no royal wore it in a long time. she looked amazing lately.

Regardless of whatever the reason that the Queen is loaning these jewels out, I think its good practice for when we all see the Duchess as Queen Camilla. After all, they will be for her exclusive use when she becomes Queen Consort. :)

When she becomes Queen she will be able to have all the jewels she could dream of. I hope that she continues dusting off these old jewels and showing them off.

Princejohnny25 said:
When she becomes Queen she will be able to have all the jewels she could dream of. I hope that she continues dusting off these old jewels and showing them off.

Me too. Some of these I'd never seen before. I'm sure there is much more to come!

Diamonds!

Gaël LE BOLLOCQ said:
We haven't seen the necklace Camilla was wearing with the honeycomb tiara on that State banquet.
As Princejohnny25 said, the necklace Camilla wore with the Boucheron Tiara is the same she wore in San Francisco. Here's a pic.
courtesy Tim Graham/Getty Images

Duchess of Cornwall Diamond Necklace & Earrings

CamillaDiamondNecklaceDec05.jpg

Thanks Warren for the great pic. Off the subject but she has a beautiful face or at least in that pic. Close-ups tend to reveal more than we want them to but she looks stunning in this one.

Warren said:
As Princejohnny25 said, the necklace Camilla wore with the Boucheron Tiara is the same she wore in San Francisco. Here's a pic. [post #53]
Thank you Warren ! I like that one (it would have looked much better than the snake one with the Durbar tiara...). Camilla and the Queen share the taste of this design of necklace (The Queen has many !). The earrings look like the Queen's ?
Have you seen Camilla with The Queen Mother's diamond ribbon bow (see Charles and Camilla picture thread) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a diamond brooch formerly owned by the Queen Mother and worn by the Duchess of Cornwall in Saudi Arabia, March 2006.
pic: Getty Images, cropped from a larger image posted by Tamara at GREMB.

Diamond Flower Brooch

2720c32f.jpg

I am just so impressed with Camilla's taste in jewels. I cant wait to see what glittering treat she has for us next. I hope she makes regular appearances in the Boucheron Tiara though, I'll never get sick of looking at it. So pretty and sparkling!

branchg said:
Not true. It was widely reported after The Queen Mother's death that all of her jewels and private possessions were left to The Queen. Whatever jewels of The Queen Mother we see now on Camilla are gifts (or loans) from The Queen.

But Camillas engagement ring was from the queen mother, and i could'nt think of Charles to ask his mother to give this to his new wife....
And Charlie was her favourite....that's known....
But nobody knows it exactly..Cookies will was never published!!!

It was stated in the press that the Queen Mother's estate was left to the Queen in a tax-free sovereign-to-sovereign transfer. The Queen may well have handed some of the Queen Mother's jewels on to Charles for Camilla and the boys' future fiancees and wives to wear - whether as a gift or just as a loan. No doubt the Queen Mother's will was written for tax purposes, not because she wanted the Queen to have the exclusive use of all her jewellery. The Queen has already let Camilla wear one of the Queen Mother's most recognisable pieces of jewellery (the honeycomb tiara), so it isn't beyond the realms of the possible that she'd have let Charles have some of the Queen Mother's other pieces for when his new wife needed some major jewels.

The Queen has retained the pieces her mother wore as Queen Consort in right of the Crown, such as the George III Diamond Fringe Tiara, Queen Alexandra's pearl and diamond parure, the Indian Ruby Circlet Tiara and Queen Victoria's diamond bracelets.

The rest of the Queen Mother's jewelry was her personal property and The Queen obviously feels it is appropriate for Camilla to have them as a future Queen Consort.

branchg said:
The Queen has retained the pieces her mother wore as Queen Consort in right of the Crown, such as the George III Diamond Fringe Tiara, Queen Alexandra's pearl and diamond parure, the Indian Ruby Circlet Tiara and Queen Victoria's diamond bracelets.

All of these pieces are "Crown Jewellery" anyway. Most were left by either Queen Victoria or Queen Mary to "be worn by all future Queens by right".

branchg said:

This reports I know, but what I mean was that she might made short notes how should get what...thats the way I would parten my own collection

why do i get the impression the royal family is more generous to the duchess than to diana ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom