Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 3: Nov 2005 - Feb 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it is a good principle that colliers are worn on the bare skin, not óver a gown. The Duchess absulutely did the right thing and she really can shów the world her great feminine roundings. And it remained tasteful. You will not hear continental Europeans complain by the sight of such an opulent succulence....

The Robson Valentine gown was in everything, the style, the design, the cut made with this necklace in mind. Yes it was big. But it can be made smaller.

But it would have been an insult to the generous giver, His Royal Highness Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud, to modify his awesome cadeau immediately. It was thoughtful of the Duchess to wear it -at least once- in the original setting. Later she can always order the Court Jeweller to create a nice demi-parure from this grand necklace.

Are we living in the 21st century or Victorian England? Women have boobs. If a little cleavage is seen it isn't exactly a Playboy centrefold. Heavens, are we really going back to those frustrated days when "Woman shows ankle to chimney-sweep" is the shocking headline of the day? People are starving, people are being murdered, we could all be blown to bits by a nuclear bomb or slaughtered by a pandemic. These are a pair of Royal breasts. Let's have some perspective.

His Royal Highness Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud

When did we find out he had given it to Her Royal Highness?

Last edited:
I think the new necklace is rather garish. Some royal families like garish (I won't name names). I don't mind big (think Queen Mary), but it crossed the threshold IMO.

Well, at the same time, while we might not like the necklace itself, we must remember that if it was indeed a gift, it will need to be worn at some point in order to show appreciation.

BeatrixFan said:
Are we living in the 21st century or Victorian England? Women have boobs. If a little cleavage is seen it isn't exactly a Playboy centrefold. Heavens, are we really going back to those frustrated days when "Woman shows ankle to chimney-sweep" is the shocking headline of the day? People are starving, people are being murdered, we could all be blown to bits by a nuclear bomb or slaughtered by a pandemic. These are a pair of Royal breasts. Let's have some perspective.

21st century. I just don't like older women showing their boobs. I like the necklace, although I think it's a bit much but I think it would have been just as grand without seeing the royal teats.

Just because it is the 21st century does not mean that women need to be less circumspect, whatever the century, I still subscrine to what my grandmother taught me, "leave something to the imagination".

Still, Beatrixfan, I do not think that anyone meant to imply that Camilla was being indecent. I think the comments were more trying to point out that the necklace drew attention to her cleavage, as in fact it did/does.

Elspeth said:
Well, she probably could, but wearing a brooch showing the Welsh national plant is a nice symbol when she's at an official function in Wales. At the moment the Prince of Wales feathers brooch belongs to Elizabeth Taylor, so Camilla can't wear that.

Also, the writing around the edge of the Welsh brooch translates as "Our Princess" - so much for not being Princess of Wales (whihc we all know she IS, despite using her other title...)

Sister Morphine said:
21st century. I just don't like older women showing their boobs. I like the necklace, although I think it's a bit much but I think it would have been just as grand without seeing the royal teats.

When i see the pics of the Duchess in her dress, i only can see a neckline, a decollete! If you can see boobs, teats or other things, maybe you have seen other pics, another Duchess, another event...?:cool:

milla Ca said:
When i see the pics of the Duchess in her dress, i only can see a neckline, a decollete! If you can see boobs, teats or other things, maybe you have seen other pics, another Duchess, another event...?:cool:

I think you know what I was talking about. I wasn't talking about a full-frontal nude shot, I was talking about cleavage, the tops of her boobs, etc.

Sister Morphine said:
I think you know what I was talking about. I wasn't talking about a full-frontal nude shot, I was talking about cleavage, the tops of her boobs, etc.

I'm really shocked at the prudishness showing in this thread at the present time. Camilla is a lovely woman "of a certain age" who is confident in her role and dresses appropriatly. For women who dress badly take a look at some Hollywood "stars" who are flashing their "assets" all over the place and really look like mutton dressed as lamb.

Prudishness is not really what I would call it. I think that people simply have differing opinions of what is acceptable, and I do not think that anyone was inferring that what Camilla did was unacceptable. At the same time it is a simple fact that the necklace did draw a certain amount of attention to her cleavage area, and that is unusual in the royal circles. Hence, the entire discussion.

Furthermore, I do not think that one can compare royal ladies to Hollywood actresses. One must capture attention to keep ones career going, and the other, the attention is simply a fact, and they must dress to impress. There are simply different standards set for royalty and celebrity. However, I think that in any case women should be demure. There is no reason at all to go about showing it all. Which of course Camilla did not do. I think that it is an unfortunate set of circumstances that the necklace was a gift, and that she must wear it at some point, with a low cut dress as the necklace is quite long, and that it drew attention to that particular area of her body.

Again, nothing wrong with it, but perhaps she could wear it somewhat higher up the next time so as not to draw attention to her cleavage, if that is what she wants to do.

wymanda said:
I'm really shocked at the prudishness showing in this thread at the present time. Camilla is a lovely woman "of a certain age" who is confident in her role and dresses appropriatly. For women who dress badly take a look at some Hollywood "stars" who are flashing their "assets" all over the place and really look like mutton dressed as lamb.

Prudishness? There is a difference between being a prude [which I am far from....trust me] and thinking that women should keep a little mystery and not display all their "charms" as it were. I never said that what she did was unacceptable [read: wrong], just that I thought the necklace could have been just as grandly displayed without her cleavage showing. To me, age has nothing to do it with....so there was no need to enter it into the equation. Camilla could be 25 and I would still think it too much.

I defer to Empress' post, because she says the rest of what I want to say better than I could.

Last edited:
I really hate that word 'teat' when describing a woman's bosom. Women are not cows!

I find the word more vulgar and disparaging than the skin Camilla displayed.

ysbel said:
I really hate that word 'teat' when describing a woman's bosom. Women are not cows!

I find the word more vulgar and disparaging than the skin Camilla displayed.

I apologize for using it. I was trying to find another humorous synonym for "breast" that hadn't already been used. My friends and I use this word interchangeably with "boob" and other words you can't use here and I always found it funny, not vulgar.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with it.

I actually find it pretty tasteful. Imo you hardly see anything, just some décolleté. Some dresses and jewelery are supposed to be worn like that. I think maybe it is just a cultural difference, in Europe things like that are not such a big deal. Just my opinion, of course.:flowers:

Last edited:
You know, to be perfectly honest, the first thing I noticed when I saw the picture was the necklace and nothing else! It wasn't until I looked at this thread later with the discussion over Camilla's revealing uh... chest area... did I look at the picture again. Then I noticed that! :ROFLMAO:

lilytornado said:
I think maybe it is just a cultural difference, in Europe things like that are not such a big deal.

If your dealing with any culture other than that of western origin I guess :)

Yet, I can't understand why some think the Duchess revealed too much.. so she revealed a bit of cleavage..that's nothing.lol.

Good on her I think if she felt comfortable..it's great. If it had have been any lower I would perhaps have a different opinion because she isn't getting any younger and gravity is well and truly starting to take hold but as far as I can see it was a tasteful cut and her boobs definitly weren't the main attraction ;)

I can't believe we are still talking about it :lol:

Last edited:
Since the discussion has turned to breasts rather than jewellery it's an appropriate time to close this thread and open Part 4.

Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 4 can be found here.

~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom