The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I think you know what I was talking about. I wasn't talking about a full-frontal nude shot, I was talking about cleavage, the tops of her boobs, etc.
I'm really shocked at the prudishness showing in this thread at the present time. Camilla is a lovely woman "of a certain age" who is confident in her role and dresses appropriatly. For women who dress badly take a look at some Hollywood "stars" who are flashing their "assets" all over the place and really look like mutton dressed as lamb.

Old 02-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Prudishness is not really what I would call it. I think that people simply have differing opinions of what is acceptable, and I do not think that anyone was inferring that what Camilla did was unacceptable. At the same time it is a simple fact that the necklace did draw a certain amount of attention to her cleavage area, and that is unusual in the royal circles. Hence, the entire discussion.

Furthermore, I do not think that one can compare royal ladies to Hollywood actresses. One must capture attention to keep ones career going, and the other, the attention is simply a fact, and they must dress to impress. There are simply different standards set for royalty and celebrity. However, I think that in any case women should be demure. There is no reason at all to go about showing it all. Which of course Camilla did not do. I think that it is an unfortunate set of circumstances that the necklace was a gift, and that she must wear it at some point, with a low cut dress as the necklace is quite long, and that it drew attention to that particular area of her body.

Again, nothing wrong with it, but perhaps she could wear it somewhat higher up the next time so as not to draw attention to her cleavage, if that is what she wants to do.

Old 02-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I'm really shocked at the prudishness showing in this thread at the present time. Camilla is a lovely woman "of a certain age" who is confident in her role and dresses appropriatly. For women who dress badly take a look at some Hollywood "stars" who are flashing their "assets" all over the place and really look like mutton dressed as lamb.

Prudishness? There is a difference between being a prude [which I am far from....trust me] and thinking that women should keep a little mystery and not display all their "charms" as it were. I never said that what she did was unacceptable [read: wrong], just that I thought the necklace could have been just as grandly displayed without her cleavage showing. To me, age has nothing to do it with....so there was no need to enter it into the equation. Camilla could be 25 and I would still think it too much.

I defer to Empress' post, because she says the rest of what I want to say better than I could.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I really hate that word 'teat' when describing a woman's bosom. Women are not cows!

I find the word more vulgar and disparaging than the skin Camilla displayed.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I really hate that word 'teat' when describing a woman's bosom. Women are not cows!

I find the word more vulgar and disparaging than the skin Camilla displayed.

I apologize for using it. I was trying to find another humorous synonym for "breast" that hadn't already been used. My friends and I use this word interchangeably with "boob" and other words you can't use here and I always found it funny, not vulgar.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with it.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Courtier

I actually find it pretty tasteful. Imo you hardly see anything, just some décolleté. Some dresses and jewelery are supposed to be worn like that. I think maybe it is just a cultural difference, in Europe things like that are not such a big deal. Just my opinion, of course.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Gentry

You know, to be perfectly honest, the first thing I noticed when I saw the picture was the necklace and nothing else! It wasn't until I looked at this thread later with the discussion over Camilla's revealing uh... chest area... did I look at the picture again. Then I noticed that!
Old 02-04-2007, 01:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado
I think maybe it is just a cultural difference, in Europe things like that are not such a big deal.
If your dealing with any culture other than that of western origin I guess

Yet, I can't understand why some think the Duchess revealed too much.. so she revealed a bit of cleavage..that's nothing.lol.

Good on her I think if she felt comfortable..it's great. If it had have been any lower I would perhaps have a different opinion because she isn't getting any younger and gravity is well and truly starting to take hold but as far as I can see it was a tasteful cut and her boobs definitly weren't the main attraction

I can't believe we are still talking about it
Old 02-04-2007, 02:43 AM
Administrator

Since the discussion has turned to breasts rather than jewellery it's an appropriate time to close this thread and open Part 4.

Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 4 can be found here.

~~~

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery