The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
It might be nice to turn the collar into a tiara and leave the rest as a necklace I suppose.
I agree that it could be a very nice tiara. And maybe it will happen.
But it was a present and so it was the right way to wear the necklace before turning it into something else.
And again: She´s a woman who can wear it! She looks stunning with the dress, the neckline, the necklace!

Old 01-31-2007, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Not on everybody and it is not necessarily an age related phenomenon. There are many men and women of tender years who would be well advised to cover up.
Absolutely! Many younger women who have had children or gained and lost a lot of weight have the same issue. My feeling is if its firm(ish) go for it! But anything crepe-y is better off left to the imagination at any age!

Old 02-01-2007, 02:39 AM

Does Camilla have her own tiara?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Does Camilla have her own tiara? And if so where did she get it and does anyone have a phot?
I read that HRH The Prince Charles purchased a tiara for HRH The Duchess of Cornwall. It was a replica of her great, great grandmother's, Alice Keppel, given her by HM King Edward VII. The diamonds in the tiara, according to the article, were real, but the rubies were facsimiles.
Rather interesting to say the least.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla also has (in her possession or on loan from her brother?) the diamond tiara she wore to her first wedding and the one her daughter wore to hers.

The Duchess wore this tiara to the Diplomatic Reception in 2006 I believe?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:22 AM
Royal Highness

Ashcombe-Keppel Heirloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Camilla also has (in her her possession or on loan from her brother?) the diamond tiara she wore to her first wedding and the one her daughter wore to hers.

The Duchess wore this tiara to the Diplomatic Reception in 2006 I believe?
It was her wedding diademe (first wedding) and indeed the Duchess wore this sparkling diademe again during a reception for the Corps Diplomatique in 2006. I have seen that in a documentary on BBC.

I thought the diademe was a wedding gift and a heirloom via Camilla's mother, the honourable Rosalind Maud Shand née Cubitt.

Camilla's mother is born in the marriage of Roland Calvert Cubitt, Baron Ashcombe and of Sonia Rosemary Cubitt, Baroness Ashcombe née Keppel.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
It was her wedding diademe (first wedding) and indeed the Duchess wore this sparkling diademe again during a reception for the Corps Diplomatique in 2006. I have seen that in a documentary on BBC.

I thought the diademe was a wedding gift and a heirloom via Camilla's mother, the honourable Rosalind Maud Shand née Cubitt.

Camilla's mother is born in the marriage of Roland Calvert Cubitt, Baron Ashcombe and of Sonia Rosemary Cubitt, Baroness Ashcombe née Keppel.
It was not in 2006, Henri.M, it was in 2005 actually. Last year, the Duchess of Cornwall did not attend the Reception.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 02-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess has Queen Mary's Delhi Durbar and The Queen Mother's Cartier Diamond Tiaras for her use as well.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
It was not in 2006, Henri.M, it was in 2005 actually. Last year, the Duchess of Cornwall did not attend the Reception.
Oh yes, New Year has passed again, you are absolutely right... it was in 2005.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Royal Highness

Ashcombe or Keppel (Albemarle) heirloom

The glittering diademe is believed to be a heirloom from Camilla's family. It can have been inherited via both the grandpaternal Cubitt line (Barons Ashcombe) or the grandmaternal Keppel line (Earls of Albemarle).

Maybe nice to know that Van Keppel was (and is) a very old Dutch noble family and there is a Castle of Keppel near the village of Keppel in the east of the Netherlands. And the Lords of Keppel also owned Voorst Estate, close to the old castle.

In 1697 the Dutch nobleman Arnold-Joost van Keppel, Lord Van Voorst and Acquoy was created Earl of Albemarle, Viscount Bury, Baron Ashford.
Camilla's grandmother Sonia Rosemary Cubitt, Baroness Ashcombe née Keppel does descend from this Dutch/British noble family.

So the diademe can have its roots in one of the two noble families.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

As I stated in another thread [quite errantly, I might add], I didn't know what was more ostentatious; the necklace or her bosoms. I thought both were a little much.

Now before anyone comes after me saying I'm being ageist or some such malarkey, allow me to say that I don't want to see ANYONE'S boobs, I don't care who you are or how old you are. Especially if you're royal.....cover those things up. If I didn't like it on Princess Madeleine, who's my age...might I add, I won't want to see it on a woman who is about my mother's age. That necklace is going to stand out no matter what kind of dress you're wearing, so I don't necessarily believe a low-cut neckline is absolutely needed.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Royal Highness

Well, it is a good principle that colliers are worn on the bare skin, not óver a gown. The Duchess absulutely did the right thing and she really can shów the world her great feminine roundings. And it remained tasteful. You will not hear continental Europeans complain by the sight of such an opulent succulence....

The Robson Valentine gown was in everything, the style, the design, the cut made with this necklace in mind. Yes it was big. But it can be made smaller.

But it would have been an insult to the generous giver, His Royal Highness Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud, to modify his awesome cadeau immediately. It was thoughtful of the Duchess to wear it -at least once- in the original setting. Later she can always order the Court Jeweller to create a nice demi-parure from this grand necklace.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:21 AM

Are we living in the 21st century or Victorian England? Women have boobs. If a little cleavage is seen it isn't exactly a Playboy centrefold. Heavens, are we really going back to those frustrated days when "Woman shows ankle to chimney-sweep" is the shocking headline of the day? People are starving, people are being murdered, we could all be blown to bits by a nuclear bomb or slaughtered by a pandemic. These are a pair of Royal breasts. Let's have some perspective.

Quote:
His Royal Highness Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud

When did we find out he had given it to Her Royal Highness?
Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think the new necklace is rather garish. Some royal families like garish (I won't name names). I don't mind big (think Queen Mary), but it crossed the threshold IMO.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, at the same time, while we might not like the necklace itself, we must remember that if it was indeed a gift, it will need to be worn at some point in order to show appreciation.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Are we living in the 21st century or Victorian England? Women have boobs. If a little cleavage is seen it isn't exactly a Playboy centrefold. Heavens, are we really going back to those frustrated days when "Woman shows ankle to chimney-sweep" is the shocking headline of the day? People are starving, people are being murdered, we could all be blown to bits by a nuclear bomb or slaughtered by a pandemic. These are a pair of Royal breasts. Let's have some perspective.

21st century. I just don't like older women showing their boobs. I like the necklace, although I think it's a bit much but I think it would have been just as grand without seeing the royal teats.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 02-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Royal Highness

Yes it was a gift indeed. By the world's 8th richest man, His Royal Highness Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud.

This was said in the British media.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Just because it is the 21st century does not mean that women need to be less circumspect, whatever the century, I still subscrine to what my grandmother taught me, "leave something to the imagination".

Still, Beatrixfan, I do not think that anyone meant to imply that Camilla was being indecent. I think the comments were more trying to point out that the necklace drew attention to her cleavage, as in fact it did/does.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, she probably could, but wearing a brooch showing the Welsh national plant is a nice symbol when she's at an official function in Wales. At the moment the Prince of Wales feathers brooch belongs to Elizabeth Taylor, so Camilla can't wear that.
Also, the writing around the edge of the Welsh brooch translates as "Our Princess" - so much for not being Princess of Wales (whihc we all know she IS, despite using her other title...)
Old 02-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
21st century. I just don't like older women showing their boobs. I like the necklace, although I think it's a bit much but I think it would have been just as grand without seeing the royal teats.
When i see the pics of the Duchess in her dress, i only can see a neckline, a decollete! If you can see boobs, teats or other things, maybe you have seen other pics, another Duchess, another event...?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
When i see the pics of the Duchess in her dress, i only can see a neckline, a decollete! If you can see boobs, teats or other things, maybe you have seen other pics, another Duchess, another event...?

I think you know what I was talking about. I wasn't talking about a full-frontal nude shot, I was talking about cleavage, the tops of her boobs, etc.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery