The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Nobility

Here's a link to a video mentioning that the ruby and diamond necklace is valued at 25 million dollars. Very serious bling. 6abc.com: Prince Charles, Camilla Visit Philadelphia

Old 01-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Serene Highness

Warren, Daaaaaaaaaaarling! You must be in absolute transports of joy seeing this!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this something from Mrs Grevilles legacy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Either Camilla has been allowed to rummage through the vaults, Charles has been very generous, or she has a rich admirer.
In Philadelphia this weekend the Duchess of Cornwall has worn two "new" pieces of jewellery. There is currently no information available as to provenance.

Gigantic Necklace (ruby or amethyst?)

Diamond & Sapphire Drop Brooch
°

Old 01-28-2007, 07:48 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla looks absolutely stunning with the necklace!
I just read that it is made of 36 rubies interlaced with diamonds.
I agree, it resembles a tiara. I would like to know if itīs an old jewellery or a new one and wheather itīs a present from the Prince.
Can anybody tell me?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Courtier

Oh my god! Iīm almost speachless. Looks like a piece of Queen Mary jewelry. Itīs her style.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

To me it looks more like it could have been some gift from the middle east trips, its a bit gaudy for my taste but the Duchess wears it well, her jewellery box is growing day by day. the brooch is very nice I think
Old 01-28-2007, 08:16 AM

Those rubies are just amazing. Wow. What a stunner Camilla is.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
I agree, it resembles a tiara. I would like to know if itīs an old jewellery or a new one and wheather itīs a present from the Prince.
Can anybody tell me?
There was speculation that Camilla's necklace was a present from Charles, but Clarence House would not confirm this. It was believed to be the first time she had worn the jewels to an official event.

This London

She looked stunning and oozed opulence.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

Bam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
There was speculation that Camilla's necklace was a present from Charles, but Clarence House would not confirm this. It was believed to be the first time she had worn the jewels to an official event.

This London

She looked stunning and oozed opulence.
Camilla of Cornwall strikes again!
Her jewelry is amazing!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Can anybody tell me?
The person who wrote the article needs a basic math refresher course, there happens to be 37 rubies in the necklace.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB
The person who wrote the article needs a basic math refresher course, there happens to be 37 rubies in the necklace.
What's one little ruby between friends?
Old 01-28-2007, 01:07 PM

Apparantly the necklace is from Camilla's private collection. I'd hazard a guess that it's a gift from a certain Saudi King.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla has the advantage of being of a mature age and a little plump - she can pull off wearing such a large piece of jewelry and not look like it is wearing her. She looked truly stunning.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
What's one little ruby between friends?
If you can afford 36 rubies, what's just one more!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

It's an absolutely stunning necklace and I also agree with those that said it kind of resembles a tiara.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

I think the necklace is stunning! Its so regal looking. Definately looks like something Queen Mary would have worn. It would be interesting to see it comverted to a tiara!
Old 01-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
I think the neckalce is too gaudy and over the top. But the brooch is very nice.
this tape of neckalce make a neck very short, any women nedd a neck very large so that the jewel shines .

the neck is very queen's mary style.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 01-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

WOW! Thanks Waren for the pictures, the necklace is gorgeous. Or better, the Duchess looks stunning wearing that necklace, there are few people it would actually suit.
At last the Royal Family has found someone, who can wear Queen Mary's jewels with a style!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
WOW! Thanks Waren for the pictures, the necklace is gorgeous. Or better, the Duchess looks stunning wearing that necklace, there are few people it would actually suit.
At last the Royal Family has found someone, who can wear Queen Mary's jewels with a style!
Avalon,
I totally agree. Now all we need is a smashing tiara (and earrings, possibly a stomacher?) to create spectacular bling.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Aristocracy

ooh a stomacher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraB
Avalon,
I totally agree. Now all we need is a smashing tiara (and earrings, possibly a stomacher?) to create spectacular bling.
I love those things! They are the height of amazing! I bet Queen Mary had a dozen of them that are still tucked away somewhere.

My money is on that necklace -- which I think is just too big and gaudy -- being a personal gift from Charles. As I said, cattily, in another post, we all know how much he treasures Camilla's decolletage...
Old 01-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

That necklace reminds me of a couple of the Duchess of Windsor's pieces; there was one with amethysts and turquoise and a gold one studded with emeralds and rubies.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery