The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 10-24-2005, 09:49 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Queen Victoria was forced by the Courts to return a lot of the Hanover jewels to the new King in Hanover.
.
Warren, you are a veritable cornucopia of tiara and jewel knowledge! Thanks a bunch! Your tiara fetish is showing again! :p

Oh damn, though, you mean Ernst August has these jewels!!!! I mean Princess Caroline is beautiful and all that but what a buffoon to have possession of all these priceless heirlooms!
__________________

__________________
  #142  
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
Hanover Jewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Warren, you are a veritable cornucopia of tiara and jewel knowledge! Thanks a bunch! Your tiara fetish is showing again! :p
Oh damn, though, you mean Ernst August has these jewels!!!! I mean Princess Caroline is beautiful and all that but what a buffoon to have possession of all these priceless heirlooms!
Thank you Ysbel. I am out and proud with my tiara 'fetish' (although I would prefer it described as "an interest").

The "Hanover Wedding Crown" which is a very small diamond full crown is still in the possession of Queen Elizabeth. It was loaned to the Hanover Family in 1981 for the wedding of Princess Alexandra (sister of Ernest August) to Prince Andreas zu Leiningen.

There is also a bit of scandal about some family jewels. Princess Viktoria Luise (the Kaiser's daughter and the current Ernst August's grandmother) was often in dispute with her children. She left some serious jewels not to her first son, EA snr, but to another. Another bitter family fight broke out. Soon after there was a mysterious and unsolved burglary, and the jewels disappeared (this is the rough gist, I cannot locate my source at the moment - annoying).

But otherwise, yes, His Royal Highness Ernst August (V), Prince of Hanover, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Head of the Royal House of Hanover and de juré King of Hanover, is the current owner of most of the serious Hanoverian jewels, although they are rarely seen in public. And you will note that "buffoon" does not appear in any of his titles. Thank you.

:) W
__________________

__________________
  #143  
Old 10-24-2005, 10:57 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Thank you Ysbel. I am out and proud with my tiara 'fetish' (although I would prefer it described as "an interest").

The "Hanover Wedding Crown" which is a very small diamond full crown is still in the possession of Queen Elizabeth. It was loaned to the Hanover Family in 1981 for the wedding of Princess Alexandra (sister of Ernest August) to Prince Andreas zu Leiningen.

There is also a bit of scandal about some family jewels. Princess Viktoria Luise (the Kaiser's daughter and the current Ernst August's grandmother) was often in dispute with her children. She left some serious jewels not to her first son, EA snr, but to another. Another bitter family fight broke out. Soon after there was a mysterious and unsolved burglary, and the jewels disappeared (this is the rough gist, I cannot locate my source at the moment - annoying).

But otherwise, yes, His Royal Highness Ernst August (V), Prince of Hanover, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Head of the Royal House of Hanover and de juré King of Hanover, is the current owner of most of the serious Hanoverian jewels, although they are rarely seen in public. And you will note that "buffoon" does not appear in any of his titles. Thank you.

:) W
Oh my, oh my! Well Ernst inherited the 'His Royal Highness Ernst August (V), Prince of Hanover, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Head of the Royal House of Hanover and de juré King of Hanover' but he earned the title 'King of Buffoons' all by himself. :p
__________________
  #144  
Old 10-24-2005, 11:09 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Oh my, oh my! Well Ernst inherited the 'His Royal Highness Ernst August (V), Prince of Hanover, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg, Head of the Royal House of Hanover and de juré King of Hanover' but he earned the title 'King of Buffoons' all by himself. :p
I provide two little interesting Hanover Jewels anecdotes, and you respond with a reference to His Royal Highness in most disparaging terms. 'Sniff.
__________________
  #145  
Old 10-24-2005, 12:08 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I provide two little interesting Hanover Jewels anecdotes, and you respond with a reference to His Royal Highness in most disparaging terms. 'Sniff.
OK, well, I admit, I'm dying to see a pic of the "Hanover Wedding Crown". Got any around? :)
__________________
  #146  
Old 10-24-2005, 12:18 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I provide two little interesting Hanover Jewels anecdotes, and you respond with a reference to His Royal Highness in most disparaging terms. 'Sniff.
Thank you Warren. So, the tiara Caroline wore to Frederik and Mary's wedding, is that from the Hanover jewel collection?
__________________
  #147  
Old 10-24-2005, 02:35 PM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,013
yes it is. i've seen pictures of Ernst's mother wearing it.
__________________
  #148  
Old 10-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
yes it is. i've seen pictures of Ernst's mother wearing it.
Thank you. :)
__________________
  #149  
Old 10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Thank you Ysbel. I am out and proud with my tiara 'fetish' (although I would prefer it described as "an interest").

The "Hanover Wedding Crown" which is a very small diamond full crown is still in the possession of Queen Elizabeth. It was loaned to the Hanover Family in 1981 for the wedding of Princess Alexandra (sister of Ernest August) to Prince Andreas zu Leiningen.

There is also a bit of scandal about some family jewels. Princess Viktoria Luise (the Kaiser's daughter and the current Ernst August's grandmother) was often in dispute with her children. She left some serious jewels not to her first son, EA snr, but to another. Another bitter family fight broke out. Soon after there was a mysterious and unsolved burglary, and the jewels disappeared (this is the rough gist, I cannot locate my source at the moment - annoying).
According to Leslie Fields, Queen Charlotte's diamond wedding crown was part of the parcel of jewels turned over to the Hanovers in settlement of the "Diamond Question" that so angered Queen Victoria. Is this a different crown than Charlotte's?

Prince Ernst-August V actually only has a few key pieces left from the original collection of family jewels. The rest were sold or broken up after World War II because the family needed the money.
__________________
  #150  
Old 10-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHomeNC
Is that really the same necklace? The pendent part doesn't look the same to me. Diana's was more slanted while Camilla's seems to be symmetrical and roundish.
It most certainly is not the same necklace. This is just tabloid nonsense. Diana retained all of the jewels acquired during her marriage as part of her divorce settlement. After her death, the pieces that belonged to Queen Mary (the Lover's Knot Tiara and the Cambridge Emerald Art Deco Choker) were returned to the Queen, while the rest of Diana's jewelry was stored for William and Harry's future wives.

All of Camilla's jewelry is new or bought at auction by Prince Charles for her. The rest of her pieces are her own family's heirlooms.
__________________
  #151  
Old 10-24-2005, 09:50 PM
corazon's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: -In some dark place-, Argentina
Posts: 2,080
William and harry no have all the diana's all jewels. And remember, wills and harry wae so young when diana die, many diana things was in St. james after her dead.
__________________
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
  #152  
Old 10-24-2005, 11:03 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren

The "Hanover Wedding Crown" which is a very small diamond full crown is still in the possession of Queen Elizabeth. It was loaned to the Hanover Family in 1981 for the wedding of Princess Alexandra (sister of Ernest August) to Prince Andreas zu Leiningen.
OK I found it! Thanks Warren! :) Though I think while it must have been very stylish at the time, I don't think I want Camilla to wear THIS to the Norwegian State Visit!

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/h...brautkrone.htm
__________________
  #153  
Old 10-24-2005, 11:07 PM
florawindsor's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , China
Posts: 279
I remember reading on Hello, that according to Di's will, her jewels are left for W&H's future wives.
__________________
i'm not from an english speaking country, plz forgive me if i made any stupid mistakes in my post

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
  #154  
Old 10-25-2005, 03:16 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
OK I found it! Thanks Warren! :) Though I think while it must have been very stylish at the time, I don't think I want Camilla to wear THIS to the Norwegian State Visit!

http://www.royal-magazin.de/german/h...brautkrone.htm
Thanks for finding this Ysbel.
Since it is a Wedding Crown for Hanoverian brides, the chances of Camilla wearing this for the Norwegian gala are slim indeed!

:) W
__________________
  #155  
Old 10-25-2005, 06:31 AM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,843
Re:

Quote:
I remember reading on Hello, that according to Di's will, her jewels are left for W&H's future wives.
What Jewels are these? Didn't she return the Spencer Tiara? And anything belonging to the Queen that was 'on loan' would have gone back to HM wouldn't it? I can't see what she could have left in the way of jewels.
__________________
  #156  
Old 10-25-2005, 06:59 AM
Margrethe II's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
What Jewels are these? Didn't she return the Spencer Tiara? And anything belonging to the Queen that was 'on loan' would have gone back to HM wouldn't it? I can't see what she could have left in the way of jewels.
The Spencer Tiara was given back to her brother, Earl Spencer on his request that it be handed over (this was before Diana died). All jewels belonging to the Queen were given back to the Queen and no doubt any jewels Diana had that solely belonged to her would have been left to William & Harry.

"MII"
__________________
  #157  
Old 10-25-2005, 07:24 AM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,437
I just spotted this picture on "Hello". I wonder if this necklace is a reinvention of the pearl & amyethst necklace that Queen Alexandra gave the Queen Mum as a wedding gift. It hasn't been seen for many years and there was some talk that it had been redesigned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camillahats-dop11a.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	205760  
__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
  #158  
Old 10-25-2005, 08:02 AM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Thanks for finding this Ysbel.
Since it is a Wedding Crown for Hanoverian brides, the chances of Camilla wearing this for the Norwegian gala are slim indeed!

:) W
Yes Warren, thank God for small favors

Maybe I better rethink wanting Camilla to wear something really old!

wymanda, that necklace looks like the one Camilla wore to the Trafalgar events.
__________________
  #159  
Old 10-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,423
Diana's Treasure Trove

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
What Jewels are these? Didn't she return the Spencer Tiara? And anything belonging to the Queen that was 'on loan' would have gone back to HM wouldn't it? I can't see what she could have left in the way of jewels.
Well, for starters there are the wedding gifts including the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia's diamond and sapphire parure, pieces the Queen Mother gave her (the diamond and huge sapphire piece for one); the stunning diamond and sapphire crescent necklace from the Sultan of Oman, the pieces Charles would have given her over the years, and all the other private jewellery, big and small, she would have collected along the way. Who knows, $5 - $10 million (or more) worth of baubles which were Diana's personal property?
.
__________________
  #160  
Old 10-25-2005, 09:11 AM
florawindsor's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , China
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I just spotted this picture on "Hello". I wonder if this necklace is a reinvention of the pearl & amyethst necklace that Queen Alexandra gave the Queen Mum as a wedding gift. It hasn't been seen for many years and there was some talk that it had been redesigned.
this necklace really looks the one "3 choker, diamond&ruby clasp" necklace in Hello's Camilla's treasures article. she wore it very often before her wedding to Charles, so I think it unlikely to be the one you mentioned.
__________________

__________________
i'm not from an english speaking country, plz forgive me if i made any stupid mistakes in my post

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 6: January 2008-September 2011 jcbcode99 Royal Jewels 689 08-31-2011 12:23 PM
Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 5: November 2007 - February 2008 Warren Royal Jewels 203 02-02-2008 08:22 PM
Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 4: February-November 2007 Warren Royal Jewels 198 11-13-2007 02:19 AM
Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 3: Nov 2005 - Feb 2007 Warren Royal Jewels 288 02-04-2007 02:43 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]