Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'm still hoping the Rundell tiara will make a reappearance. They didn't break it up to make other stuff with, did they?
Do you have a picture of it Elspeth? I did a Google search and came up with a totally unBritish tiara.

I also took a look on Danjel's site but isn't working for me either. All the pics have been x'ed out.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Commoner

I would like to see someone wear the Teck Rose & Crescent tiara soon. If not Camilla, then maybe a York girl or one of the future wives of William and Harry.

Old 10-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHomeNC
I would like to see someone wear the Teck Rose & Crescent tiara soon. If not Camilla, then maybe a York girl or one of the future wives of William and Harry.
IF William does marry Kate, she would look very good in that tiara!
Old 10-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here are one camilla's photo with a royal jewel from the royal collection. (the photo the camilla is before her marriage)
Source: my own colection

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Do you have a picture of it Elspeth? I did a Google search and came up with a totally unBritish tiara.

I also took a look on Danjel's site but isn't working for me either. All the pics have been x'ed out.
I had a google before I posted, but the only place I could find it was on Danjel's site and another royal jewels site which isn't working. Does anyone know why Danjel's site is just giving red x's these days?
Old 10-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Commoner

Is that really the same necklace? The pendent part doesn't look the same to me. Diana's was more slanted while Camilla's seems to be symmetrical and roundish.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Definitely the earrings are different..the necklace looks slightly similar but who knows. Either way..I don't think Charles would have given Camilla something that Diana has worn. Thats a disservice to both women. Most likely he would (if it is a gift from Charles and not the Queen/Crown) would save the jewels for his sons.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is the same necklace, diana's photo is in different angle.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Royal Highness

Could the necklace belong to the Queen and was loaned to both of them?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know, but the camilla's photo are before her marriage with charles.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Administrator

If the necklace belongs to the Queen that is one thing. Although I might admit (in my opinion) its a little tacky. I have to tell you..I wouldn't want to wear the same jewlery (as fabulous as it is) that my husbands ex-wife wore. Not a slight to Camilla..I just think its weird.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
If the necklace belongs to the Queen that is one thing. Although I might admit (in my opinion) its a little tacky. I have to tell you..I wouldn't want to wear the same jewlery (as fabulous as it is) that my husbands ex-wife wore. Not a slight to Camilla..I just think its weird.
Zonk,

I agree with you. It would be strange to wear the same jewels as the dead ex-wife.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

is true, but remenber that camilla sleep in the same bed than diana in highgrove when both are marriage (charles-diana)-(camilla-andrew)
Is a very hard situation, I never would use a ring of the died grandmother of my husband, but camilla uses the ring of the queen mother. are very different opinions and all is respectable. But the necklace is from the royal collecion, diana used it after her engagement.
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 10-23-2005, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

My cousin gave our grandmother's engagement ring to his fiancee. We all thought it was a wonderful gesture.

I wouldn't want to wear a necklace that belonged exclusively to my husband's ex-wife but if the necklace has been in the family and worn by others, that would be different.

Right now, I have to admit, I'm more interested in the tiara Camilla is going to wear to the Norwegian event than anything she wore before she married Charles.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:08 AM
Serene Highness

This was early in Charles & Diana's marriage & I've often wondered if Camilla loaned it too her in some sort of friendly gesture??????
Old 10-24-2005, 07:15 AM

Re:

Quote:
Why shouldn't Camilla wear the jewels she likes? Just because Diana wore them once doesn't mean they should be preserved in aspic and adored from a-far until the end of time. When she's Queen she can wear what she likes anyway :)
Old 10-24-2005, 07:36 AM
Commoner

I really don't think that is the same necklace. Diana's necklace has slant to it that Camilla's doesn't. I don't think the angle of the photo would change that.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Royal Jewels Demise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Does anyone know why Danjel's site is just giving red x's these days?
My understanding is that legal action was threatened over the photo copyright issue (Danjel made a brief statement on GREMB or RJOTWMB a couple of months ago). The other Royal Jewels site met the same fate (from the same source).

W
Old 10-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Thanks Warren,

Its a pity about Danjel's site.

So is the Rundell tiara the only one we haven't seen in awhile? How far back do the Royal Jewels go?

I know some necklaces in the Danish Royal House date from the 1700s and the jewels in them go back farther than that. Do most of the British royal jewels date from Victoria through later reigns or are there some really old pieces that Camilla can wear?

I like the idea of her bringing out something we haven't seen in ages (maybe centuries)
Old 10-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Thanks Warren,
Its a pity about Danjel's site.
So is the Rundell tiara the only one we haven't seen in awhile? How far back do the Royal Jewels go?

I know some necklaces in the Danish Royal House date from the 1700s and the jewels in them go back farther than that. Do most of the British royal jewels date from Victoria through later reigns or are there some really old pieces that Camilla can wear?

I like the idea of her bringing out something we haven't seen in ages (maybe centuries)
Queen Victoria was forced by the Courts to return a lot of the Hanover jewels to the new King in Hanover. Most of the present day jewels come via Victoria, Alexandra, and for the really serious ones, Queen Mary.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery