Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery 2: Feb-Nov 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pollyemma said:
don't hold your breath. the latter 2 are very closely associated with QE2 and I think they'll be really careful to avoid anything that makes Camilla look she might be the future queen (or something above Princess Consort when Charles takes the throne)

the Girls of GB and I is so wonderful though, its the perfect tiara. i'd love to see Camilla in it but I think its next wearer will be William's wife.

Well, the fact Camilla received the Delhi Durbar tiara as a gift from the Queen is not exactly a "careful" avoidance of anything that implies she will be Queen Consort. It's more like the opposite.

I agree though she will not be seen in one of the Queen's own personal tiaras worn by her as the Sovereign.

I agree though she will not be seen in one of the Queen's own personal tiaras worn by her as the Sovereign

But when she's Queen she can really crack open the vaults - she can wear any tiara she likes can't she? I want to see her in the diamond and emerald durbar parure.

Re:

Which Crown will Camilla be crowned with? Charles will have St Edward's Crown, but what Crown will she use? The Queen Mothers? Queen Marys?

If she will be crowned:rolleyes: Maybe one of the previous queen-consort's crown - if there's any free crown? What about Queen-Mum crown - was buried with thw crown or not? Well if there's no free crown maybe smth will be did for Camilla?

If she will be crowned:rolleyes:

Of Course she will be. I think that the Queen Mother's Crown was altered for her to wear at the Queen's Coronation - She wasn't buried with it, it's on display in the Jewel House. She could wear Queen Adelaide's, Queen Alexandra's, Queen Mary's or the Queen Mother's - or the State Diadem as an alternative?

BeatrixFan said:
She could wear Queen Adelaide's, Queen Alexandra's, Queen Mary's or the Queen Mother's - or the State Diadem as an alternative?

So much possibilities:confused: We'll see some day. I think that pobably she will wear Queen Mother's crown, but I wouldn't be surprise if she wear the State Diadem. She could wear one of the big tiaras too.
How many could cost a new crown or "effective" tiara?

Well, this is a very vague idea of what she'd look like in the Queen Mother's Crown;

But I think she may wear the State Diadem.

A new Crown is made for every Queen Consort. So we will just have to wait and see what crown will be made for her. Can anyone post the crowns of the queen mum, queen mary and as many queen consorts before them for me please.

Princejonnhy25 said:
A new Crown is made for every Queen Consort. So we will just have to wait and see what crown will be made for her. Can anyone post the crowns of the queen mum, queen mary and as many queen consorts before them for me please.
Try: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/crowns-crowns-crowns-1428.html

Charlotte (thanks to Wikipedia)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Charlotte.jpg

and try on corbis - keyword for example: british crowns
http://pro.corbis.com/search/searchFrame.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Princejonnhy25 said:

That has been the case previously but in these more stringent economic times it may be that its more "correct" to use something already in the vaults. Given Charles closeness to his grandmother he may wish Camilla to wear her crown. But then again, as you say, there are several others in the Jewel House.

BeatrixFan said:
But when she's Queen she can really crack open the vaults - she can wear any tiara she likes can't she? I want to see her in the diamond and emerald durbar parure.

Yes, absolutely! Once Charles becomes King, the entire royal jewel collection belongs to him as Sovereign, so she can wear whatever she wants.

magnik said:
If she will be crowned:rolleyes: Maybe one of the previous queen-consort's crown - if there's any free crown? What about Queen-Mum crown - was buried with thw crown or not? Well if there's no free crown maybe smth will be did for Camilla?

The tradition in the 20th Century is a completely new crown was designed for Alexandra, Mary and Elizabeth. But, the Queen Mother's crown is relatively modern (1937) and was only worn once or twice, so it's likely Camilla would be crowned with it.

branchg said:
Yes, absolutely! Once Charles becomes King, the entire royal jewel collection belongs to him as Sovereign, so she can wear whatever she wants.

Can you imagine, every day having to decide what goodies to wear? Standing in the vaults, hand to forehead, crying decisions, decisions, decisions!:D

Skydragon said:
Can you imagine, every day having to decide what goodies to wear? Standing in the vaults, hand to forehead, crying decisions, decisions, decisions!:D

Oh, yes. I have it many times per week (like many women):) It's very big problem specially when you must choose between some many jewels:D

I would love to be a fly on the wall the day when someone tries to tell Charles his darling wife can not be the Queen.

That isn't true. Why are we all going through this again. When Charles becomes King, she will be Queen - and thats it! Nothing more. SHE WILL BE QUEEN. The Church of England can go hang. It's not as if it has any importance in our lives anymore and if Charles has any sense he'll send the lot of them packing.

The Queen Mother's crown was made as a match for the Imperial State Crown worn by George VI and Elizabeth II. If Charles wears the same crown, Camilla might wear the Queen Mother's crown because they're a matching pair.

Let's please keep this thread away from discussions of "if Camilla is crowned." This thread is to discuss jewellery, and any more off-topic posts will be deleted.

Elspeth

Royal Jewels moderator

I think it would be nice if they altered a crown for her. This way they avoid all potential comments made about her wearing other Queens' crowns.

The choker she wears with the large aquamarine (I think that is what it is)...is that a piece from her family or from Charles?

It would be nice if they used all the previous crowns from the 20th century consorts and created a crown for the new millenium. We will just have to wait and see what type of crown she will have. I think charles bought that necklace for her but I am not sure. It is a stunning piece but im a bit tired of it. She has so many pearls.

Lady Marmalade said:
The choker she wears with the large aquamarine (I think that is what it is)...is that a piece from her family or from Charles?

The aquamarine and pearl choker belonged to Camilla's mother.

magnik said:

No, she wasn't buried with her crown. (Who in their right mind would bury the Koh-i-Noor?)

Has anyone firgued out which the second Tiara of The Duchess of Cornwall which she wore at the Diplomatic Reception on Wednesday 16th November yet?I have tried lots of different royal jewels websites but i could not find any look like The Duchess's....

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Has anyone firgued out which the second Tiara of The Duchess of Cornwall which she wore at the Diplomatic Reception on Wednesday 16th November yet?I have tried lots of different royal jewels websites but i could not find any look like The Duchess's....
Bit of an anti-climax I'm afraid. It was the tiara Camilla wore at her wedding to Mr Parker-Bowles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom