The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 05-18-2005, 12:58 AM
florawindsor's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , China
Posts: 279
is there any big pic of her wedding ring?

i found the upside-town brooch on corbis, but don't know how to post it, you can search for it
__________________

__________________
i'm not from an english speaking country, plz forgive me if i made any stupid mistakes in my post

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
  #62  
Old 05-18-2005, 01:01 AM
florawindsor's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , China
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
The Duchess's Tiara at Royal Gala today::)
i only saw her necklace, where is the tiara?
__________________

__________________
i'm not from an english speaking country, plz forgive me if i made any stupid mistakes in my post

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
  #63  
Old 05-18-2005, 04:09 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,253
Camilla's necklace

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
i only saw her necklace, where is the tiara?
Apparently Charles bought a diamond tiara at auction and had it made up into the necklace that Camilla is wearing.

I guess that soon after each wedding anniversary we will see Camilla wearing a previously-unseen piece of jewellery. Charles will give her nice things.

We have yet to see Camilla wearing a tiara. I wouldn't be surprised if a lovely tiara was among the wedding gifts from her husband. So it's just a matter of waiting for what C & C think is the right occasion for her to wear it publicly for the first time.

And isn't that what we are waiting for? The "debut tiara appearance"!
.
__________________
  #64  
Old 05-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,253
Engagement ring instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
is there any big pic of her wedding ring?
Couldn't find a wedding ring pic, but diamonds are better...
.
__________________
  #65  
Old 05-25-2005, 10:58 AM
reynard's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Apparently Charles bought a diamond tiara at auction and had it made up into the necklace that Camilla is wearing.

I guess that soon after each wedding anniversary we will see Camilla wearing a previously-unseen piece of jewellery. Charles will give her nice things.

We have yet to see Camilla wearing a tiara. I wouldn't be surprised if a lovely tiara was among the wedding gifts from her husband. So it's just a matter of waiting for what C & C think is the right occasion for her to wear it publicly for the first time.

And isn't that what we are waiting for? The "debut tiara appearance"!
.
That's what I"M waiting for. I was hoping she would go to the opening of Parliament, but I guess with all the changes there, not even the POW was invited!
__________________
Regards, Reynard
  #66  
Old 05-25-2005, 11:45 AM
florawindsor's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , China
Posts: 279
thx Warren.
these necklaces Camilla wear in recent days seems new to me
__________________
i'm not from an english speaking country, plz forgive me if i made any stupid mistakes in my post

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
  #67  
Old 05-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Couldn't find a wedding ring pic, but diamonds are better...
.
Wow! That's looks really cheap! I know it's supposed to be diamonds but there's no brilliance or WOW effect. Charles offered her much better jewels.
__________________
  #68  
Old 05-28-2005, 03:43 PM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,253
Wow factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Wow! That's looks really cheap! I know it's supposed to be diamonds but there's no brilliance or WOW effect. Charles offered her much better jewels.
Perhaps the lack of "wow" in the photo has more to do with the lighting from the camera's flash. Jewels can look flat if not lit properly. I don't think the Queen Mother would have had cheap-looking diamonds; certainly not of that size!
.
__________________
  #69  
Old 05-28-2005, 11:21 PM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Perhaps the lack of "wow" in the photo has more to do with the lighting from the camera's flash. Jewels can look flat if not lit properly. I don't think the Queen Mother would have had cheap-looking diamonds; certainly not of that size!
.
I agree Warren. Also the cut could have a lot to do with it. I might be wrong but I have a feeling that this is quite an old fashioned way of cutting diamonds and that there are not a lot of facets to difract the light?
__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
  #70  
Old 05-29-2005, 12:48 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I agree Warren. Also the cut could have a lot to do with it. I might be wrong but I have a feeling that this is quite an old fashioned way of cutting diamonds and that there are not a lot of facets to difract the light?
Yes Wymanda, the baguette cut is not my favourite. Not enough facets. Brilliant cut is much better to get that wow factor. Similarly I think cabachon emeralds don't look very interesting. More scintillation please.
:)
__________________
  #71  
Old 05-29-2005, 02:11 AM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,425
I actually have a feeling that while the Queen Mum left all her possessions to the Queen in her will there may have been another document giving all her jewellery that didn't belong to the crown to Charles. Hopefully this will mean that we will see Camilla with some really old and interesting pieces.
__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
  #72  
Old 06-13-2005, 07:25 AM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,425
I noticed on the Clarence House site that Charles & Camilla are hosting a dinner @ the Palace of Hollyrood at the end of the month. I wonder if this will be a tiara event?
__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
  #73  
Old 06-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
The Norwegian royal couple (possible also Haakon and Mette-Marit if she is not to pregnant) will pay an official \centenary visit to the UK in the beginning of November. Since the swedish visit had a gala with tiaras hopefully we will also see tiaras in UK in the autumn.
__________________
  #74  
Old 06-13-2005, 08:06 AM
HMQueenElizabethII's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ryde, Australia
Posts: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I noticed on the Clarence House site that Charles & Camilla are hosting a dinner @ the Palace of Hollyrood at the end of the month. I wonder if this will be a tiara event?
The Dinner is for commomerating the 60th Anniversary of the end of the World War II,i don't think the Duchess will wear Tiaras there.
__________________
"God save our Gracious Queen,
Long live our Noble Queen,
God save The Queen"
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
  #75  
Old 06-15-2005, 10:15 AM
florawindsor's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , China
Posts: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I actually have a feeling that while the Queen Mum left all her possessions to the Queen in her will there may have been another document giving all her jewellery that didn't belong to the crown to Charles. Hopefully this will mean that we will see Camilla with some really old and interesting pieces.
oh, if that's true. what will happen to the jewels after Camilla? will they be passed to her children or Wills&Harry?
__________________
i'm not from an english speaking country, plz forgive me if i made any stupid mistakes in my post

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
  #76  
Old 06-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
I actually have a feeling that while the Queen Mum left all her possessions to the Queen in her will there may have been another document giving all her jewellery that didn't belong to the crown to Charles. Hopefully this will mean that we will see Camilla with some really old and interesting pieces.
All of the Queen Mother's possessions, including her private jewels, were left to the Queen to avoid the inheritance tax. The Queen Mother possessed a small collection of jewelry as she was not passionate about jewels the way Queen Mary was.

Most of her jewels belonged to the Crown (Queen Victoria's ruby tiara, several bracelets, a bow brooch, Queen Alexandra's pearl and diamond parure, the George III diamond tiara, William IV brooch) and cannot be worn by anyone but a Queen. She also had many diamonds, including rivieries, necklaces, earrings and several rings, but since these pieces were mostly gifts from the Sovereign (either from her father-in-law, King George V, or her husband, King George VI), they belong to the Crown now.

While The Queen gave Charles a ring from the Queen Mother's private collection to use as Camilla's engagement ring (a royal tradition), it remains to be seen if she will be given other pieces as well. I highly doubt the Queen will give Camilla any jewels associated with the Crown or a Queen, but she is likely to receive pieces from the Queen's private collection from time to time.

It is very unlikely Camilla will be permitted to wear highly visible pieces associated with the Queen Mother.
__________________
  #77  
Old 06-26-2005, 03:48 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
oh, if that's true. what will happen to the jewels after Camilla? will they be passed to her children or Wills&Harry?
By royal tradition, any jewels given to a member of the royal family by a Sovereign or Queen Consort must first be offered to the Crown after their death. This is to ensure pieces considered to be part of the royal collection or worn in right of it are returned to the Sovereign. Most of the time, the jewels remain with the deceased's family and are passed down or sold.

Camilla's jewelry belongs to her, with the possible exception of her engagement ring, as it was either handed down by her own family or purchased by Prince Charles.

William and Harry each selected a piece or two of Diana's private jewelry to keep in their possession in memory of her. William is said to have his mother's sapphire engagement ring, while Harry has Diana's Cartier tank watch. The rest of Diana's jewelry was either returned to the Spencer family or the Queen. Most of her pieces will probably reappear in the future on William or Harry's wives.
__________________
  #78  
Old 06-26-2005, 08:40 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
Quote:
It is very unlikely Camilla will be permitted to wear highly visible pieces associated with the Queen Mother.
Quite apart from anything else, it would be very dubious PR for her to be seen wearing pieces that had a strong association with either the Queen Mother or Diana. I'm sure the Queen can find some jewellery that hasn't seen the light of day since Queen Mary's time, even if it has to be reset to be more appropriate for modern use.
__________________
  #79  
Old 06-27-2005, 03:17 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,253
A Tiara for Camilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'm sure the Queen can find some jewellery that hasn't seen the light of day since Queen Mary's time, even if it has to be reset to be more appropriate for modern use.
I wouldn't be surprised if Charles presented Camilla with a tiara (whether from the vaults, or newly-purchased) as a wedding present.

I am sure that Camilla is well-aware that a lot of people are eagerly awaiting the "debut tiara appearance".
.
__________________
  #80  
Old 06-27-2005, 07:26 AM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Quite apart from anything else, it would be very dubious PR for her to be seen wearing pieces that had a strong association with either the Queen Mother or Diana. I'm sure the Queen can find some jewellery that hasn't seen the light of day since Queen Mary's time, even if it has to be reset to be more appropriate for modern use.
WHY?

Whilst I agree with you regarding items that Diana wore, I fail to see why items worn by the Queen Mother (a lady who lived a long and full life) should be consigned to the vaults and not worn by the wife of her favourite grandson and the heir to the throne. Whatever title she chooses to be known by, Camilla will be Charles consort and first lady of the land. It is only right that she have jewels befitting that position.
__________________

__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duchess of Cornwall Patronages Warren The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 398 07-08-2014 11:52 AM
Diana, Princess of Wales Jewellery 2 Warren Royal Jewels 439 07-04-2014 10:10 AM
Questions about future Queens, Dowagers and surviving spouses popsicle British Royals 310 06-13-2013 11:27 AM
Sarah, Duchess of York current events 15 - January 2011 - May 2011 Zonk Current Events Archive 927 06-01-2011 06:45 PM
Sarah, Duchess of York current events 14: October 2009 - December 2010 Zonk Current Events Archive 618 01-01-2011 09:32 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince joachim prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]