Thanks micas.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Royal Highness

A true plesur...!

Old 04-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Serene Highness

Earings

The earings HRH wore at the blessing look suspiciously like they may have come from Queen Mary's Loop Tiara.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Courtier

her wedding ring and bracelet
Old 04-14-2005, 09:56 AM
Serene Highness

A new choker & brooch
Old 04-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Courtier

She wears the watch at her right wrist. Is she left-handed?
Old 04-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaR
She wears the watch at her right wrist. Is she left-handed?
maybe,she's holding the umberlla with her left hand
Old 04-14-2005, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

with her wedding dress do u think it would have look better with a tiara? and i'm talking about the 2nd dress she wore, i think it was lt green
Old 04-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Tiara: yes please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
With her wedding dress do u think it would have looked better with a tiara? and i'm talking about the 2nd dress she wore, I think it was lt green
Green with gold thread.

And doesn't everything look better with a tiara?

Except of course Sarah Buys. Nothing could save that dress.

We'll just have to wait for Camilla's debut tiara appearance to see if she has an old Royal tiara from the vaults, or one that Charles has bought for her.

Would love to see what jewels she received as wedding presents!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Camilla's brooch blunder
By Robert Mendick, Evening Standard
19 April 2005

The Duchess of Cornwall has taken a shine to a jewel-encrusted brooch given to the Queen Mother on her 100th birthday ... only Camilla is wearing it upside down.

The brooch, thought to have languished in storage since the Queen Mother's death, has now found a home on Camilla's lapel.

Prince Charles's new bride may not have realised, however, that it is based on a fisherman's fly and what may be mistaken for feathers sprouting out of a crown is actually the tail and back end of a fly. The Pearl of the Dee brooch ought to be sported with the tail pointing down. Camilla has taken to wearing it with the tail facing skywards. The Queen Mother was a keen fly fisher and the brooch was a gift from the Salmon and Trout Association, of which she was the patron.

Camilla has worn the brooch at least twice - once for her official engagement photograph and then for her first royal duty since getting married when she opened a children's playground last week.

It was spotted in a photograph in the Standard by its designer, Rachel Jeffrey, 32.

"She is wearing it upside down," said Ms Jeffrey, whose studio is in Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire. "I designed it to wear the other way up."

The jewel cost about ?2,500 to make. It is formed of solid 18-carat gold with pearls at the top and bottom. The central lattice work is encrusted with sapphires, emeralds and rubies to represent the Queen Mother's racing colours, and the wings are set with diamonds.

"I never saw the Queen Mum wear it," added Ms Jeffrey. "Her equerries wrote us a lovely letter to say she was delighted with it. But I didn't know what happened to it. I am delighted Camilla is wearing it."

It is Ms Jeffrey's second boost from the royal household. She set up her business with a ?5,000 Prince's Trust loan. A Clarence House spokesman said: "The brooch is a family heirloom which has been lent to the duchess rather than given. She likes it very much."

it's kinda funny she wear it the other way around..... btw....it's the brooch she wore with her red dress
Old 04-20-2005, 02:21 PM
Gentry

I think the brooch looked fine upside-down too. Since it's fisherman's fly I don't think it's so bad to wear it this way. Aren't those flies usually in vertical position (when fishing)?

But interesting to know the background of the piece. I thought it was some celtic-inspired silver thing, or something.

I would also like to see a close-up of it, because I can't see the said gemstones (sapphires, emeralds, rubies, diamonds) in the photos...
Old 04-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
with her wedding dress do u think it would have look better with a tiara? and i'm talking about the 2nd dress she wore, i think it was lt green
tiaras are usually worn by veils,she didnt have a veil eighter
Old 05-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Aristocracy

The Duchess of Cornwall with an interesting brooch:
Old 05-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

caption:
The Duchess Of Cornwall attends the Welsh Rugby Union Grand Slam Celebration at the Millennium Stadium on May 2, 2005 in Cardiff, Wales
(from Getty Images)
Old 05-03-2005, 01:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
The Duchess of Cornwall with an interesting brooch:
I think that the Queen also have a brooch that has the same shape with this one.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacy
caption:
The Duchess Of Cornwall attends the Welsh Rugby Union Grand Slam Celebration at the Millennium Stadium on May 2, 2005 in Cardiff, Wales
(from Getty Images)
I like the pearls neckles, brooch and bracellets colours especially if the lady who wears them has Blonde hair colour, I wish we could see her earings,
Old 05-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Administrator

POW Feathers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I think that the Queen also have a brooch that has the same shape with this one.
Camilla is wearing her Prince of Wales Feathers Brooch.
Unsurprisingly, it appears to be her favourite.

ps.. I wonder if Charles has made an offer to Dame Elizabeth Taylor for the original diamond brooch that was part of the estate of the Duchess of Windsor?
Old 05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
ps.. I wonder if Charles has made an offer to Dame Elizabeth Taylor for the original diamond brooch that was part of the estate of the Duchess of Windsor?
He'd only have to make a sizeable donation to her AIDS charity to secure it. Well worth the effort to support a worthy cause and stop such an emotive piece disappearing. :)
Old 05-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

The Duchess's Tiara at Royal Gala today::)
Old 05-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
The Duchess's Tiara at Royal Gala today::)
Thanks. She looks great. :)

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery